Kahuna

Taiwan earthquake: Devastating images from the aftermath

Richard K

IDK how that debate even got going but I feel bad for those folks there. I have been in a couple of medium size shakers and I never felt so damned helpless in my life. Pretty scary especially being woken up in the dead of night with it.

• Like 7

jtmwatchbiz
2 hours ago, oztony said:

I suppose with Rep1 being Taiwanese and a member here some people are mindful of this with their approach to the matter ,

i agree and let's hope his family and friends were not affected by this unfortunate natural disaster! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

oztony
36 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i agree and let's hope his family and friends were not affected by this unfortunate natural disaster! 

Well to be honest Fred , when I see a picture like that on the first page of this thread with a building that size on its side and just perched there I think " catastrophe " , a catastrophic failure of the building to withstand the force of that earthquake, and confirmed 7 dead , 67 missing and lord knows how many injured........a "catastrophic event" ....in the eyes of most I would think.

• Like 4

rep1
4 hours ago, oztony said:

I suppose with Rep1 being Taiwanese and a member here some people are mindful of this with their approach to the matter , if it happened in Aus, and was made light of I would take umbrage to that..

Well don't count me. I have zero trust on our developers. It's simply a matter of time.

• Like 4

Kahuna
7 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I'd like to ask WHY it's so important to you that I might show sympathy?

Please don't take this to be a flippant question. I'm serious.

We live in an age where EVERY event, world wide, is captured in living color..  and the pictures and the body counts and the wailing and wringing of hands is flashed around the world in moments..  and we are thus regaled with such news stories day after day after day... Earthquakes..  Typhoons.  Famine..  Volcanoes.  Tornadoes..  Ice Storms..  Tsunami's.  Must we express sympathy each and every time?  Do we not get a day off occasionally.. so that we can enjoy a day of peace, free of the need to express sympathy?

And how do YOU express sympathy?  I know you posted a news article to get all your readers to be sympathetic..  But what do YOU do?  Did you send money or donate to Red Cross?  I know FOX and CNN do it to make money.  But how is your own action in posting the video here at LINC  any more than being voyeuristic?  

I'm not interested in if you feel sympathy,glee,hate or horny, the incident was about a tragic event in Taiwan and not about who reports it. If you're not interested then leave it be and go on with your life but don't come into this with the idea you're going to make it into a whole different topic by belittling the efforts of those who are interested or may have some empathy for the ones affected.  

Go start a new topic if that's all you want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Kahuna
2 hours ago, rep1 said:

Well don't count me. I have zero trust on our developers. It's simply a matter of time.

Development  issues aside it it's good to see you or your family wasn't affected by this since I recall you as being from Taiwan.  Cheers!!:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smokey
9 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I'd like to ask WHY it's so important to you that I might show sympathy?

Please don't take this to be a flippant question. I'm serious.

We live in an age where EVERY event, world wide, is captured in living color..  and the pictures and the body counts and the wailing and wringing of hands is flashed around the world in moments..  and we are thus regaled with such news stories day after day after day... Earthquakes..  Typhoons.  Famine..  Volcanoes.  Tornadoes..  Ice Storms..  Tsunami's.  Must we express sympathy each and every time?  Do we not get a day off occasionally.. so that we can enjoy a day of peace, free of the need to express sympathy?

And how do YOU express sympathy?  I know you posted a news article to get all your readers to be sympathetic..  But what do YOU do?  Did you send money or donate to Red Cross?  I know FOX and CNN do it to make money.  But how is your own action in posting the video here at LINC  any more than being voyeuristic?  

Well there is a way to fix this bombardment of bad news call don't click 

• Like 4

Kahuna

Raw video: Crews searching for survivors of massive earthquake forced to flee partially collapsed building in Hualien, Taiwan.

• Like 3

Goetz1965

That 1 buidling now is shown around the world - because its the only 1 they have to show how horrific uhhhhh it was ... 

Dafey
16 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

That 1 buidling now is shown around the world - because its the only 1 they have to show how horrific uhhhhh it was ... 

Would you be happy to see dozens of buildings crumpling to dust? Or maybe the entire city turned to rubble would entertain you?

On 2/8/2018 at 9:26 PM, Kahuna said:

I'm not interested in if you feel sympathy,glee,hate or horny, the incident was about a tragic event in Taiwan and not about who reports it. If you're not interested then leave it be and go on with your life but don't come into this with the idea you're going to make it into a whole different topic by belittling the efforts of those who are interested or may have some empathy for the ones affected.  

Go start a new topic if that's all you want. 

I agree with Kahuna and thank him for reporting this news.

My heart goes out to all who were affected by this. It's a human trait...forgive me if my caring offends you!

• Like 3

RogerDat

The OP said a ground fault, like a cave caused it to tilt.

There was a Filipino care giver killed it is reported

• Thanks 1

Headshot
43 minutes ago, RogerDat said:

The OP said a ground fault, like a cave caused it to tilt.

There was a Filipino care giver killed it is reported

OK, then this was a catastrophe. RIP.

TequilaSunset
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

taiwan-earthquake-2-6-2018.png?w=82908taiwan-3-superJumbo.jpg2018-02-07T072236Z_1_LYNXMPEE160KD_RTROPimagen.aspx?lVW2oAh2vjO0eZV-P-2fbouQqKi8

• Like 2