Retiree Activities Office (RAO) Cebu Location & Hours

Soupeod

I know I saw it before but where is the RAO in Cebu, i’m heading there Friday. 

Thx

Headshot
2 hours ago, soupeod said:

The RAO is now open M, W & F, 10-3pm

Is this permanent or just until Ronnie comes back from maternity leave?

Headshot
2 hours ago, soupeod said:

I know I saw it before but where is the RAO in Cebu, i’m heading there Friday. 

Thx

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/@10.3114224,123.9163153,3a,60y,322.21h,98.81t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s539VS49yisGAHvI1yxeVag!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

It is in the middle of the second floor just above the Crosspointe Church. Go in the entrance on the left side of the building. There is an elevator.

• Thanks 1
Soupeod
14 hours ago, Headshot said:

Is this permanent or just until Ronnie comes back from maternity leave?

I have no idea because I called to ensure they would be there before I take the ferry. 

Headshot

That's good. It's just while Ronnie is on maternity leave.

• 9 months later...
SkyMan

I think they are also closed if schools are closed.  Nobody there Tuesday. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Cebuandrew

I tried to find this place a few years back. Got lost. Need to try again. I'm studying Headshot's google map link, but still confused. Been to SM City a dozen times over the years is it. Anyone can walk me through it? Taxi drops me off at SM where they always do...I walk in, and what establishment is near the exit to walk out to go straight to the RAO? Any other landmarks to look for? Think they are open tomorrow or the next day? Thanks

Headshot

Sure. If you leave SM City Mall at the exit between Shakey's Pizza and French Baker, go out the doors and down the stairs, angling to the right until you get to the street. Go across the street (Pope John Paul) to the side street behind Sun Gold. Next to the Sun Gold building on the side street is a white building called the Viking Building. Walk to the far end and enter through their motorcycle entrance. There is an elevator on the right side. Go to the 2nd floor, turn left out of the elevator, then left again. About halfway down that hall, you will see a door with the emblems of the various branches of the US military. Go in that door and you will find Ronnie, who is the person you need to see about membership. Don't forget to take your ID card or something that will confirm that you are retired US military. Annual dues for RAO is 4,800 pesos, so if you want to join, I would suggest that you have your dues with you. Ronnie can only take cash. With membership, you will get an FPO address with a box number.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
SkyMan

It's not Sun Gold anymore but Sun Tai or something like that.  The next building where the RAO is is called the Crown building (small sign over the entrance) but Viking Shipping is the major tennant on the 4th floor. If the elevator isn't working walk farther in and there's stairs on the right. 

Cebuandrew

Wow Headshot, better directions could not be given. Thank you. Should help people in the future. Hopped in a cab and said SM City. On the way, I asked the driver if he knew where Sun Gold was near the mall and he did, so got dropped off behind it. Fairly sure it said Sun Gold today. No signs for Viking building and that elevator would be near impossible to find, but your directions had me walk straight to the RAO office. Ronnie is very nice and all went smoothly.

However, to clarify, you can also get a mailbox being a veteran with a valid military ID card. Thanks again.

Headshot
32 minutes ago, Cebuandrew said:

However, to clarify, you can also get a mailbox being a veteran with a valid military ID card.

That is true. There are actually several ways to qualify for a mailbox. Being retired military is just the most common.