Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

Kahuna

cookie47
6 hours ago, Semper paratus said:

What ever happened to good clean fun ?

TRUE, Like connecting the spark plug testing lead to the steel bench when someone is working.haa,,.

At An early mechanic job (1971) in Melbourne (Au) we used to wash all engines as part of "customer service"..We used a "solvent" in a spray jet,,,that came in 44 gal drums.

I'm not sure of it's chemistry but highly flammable.....However,,We had to wait 10 minutes for it to evaporate before starting the engine otherwise fumes trapped inside the distributor cap  would blow the distributor cap clean Off.  Government health and safety banned it eventually 😂..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kahuna

• Headshot

• Salty Dog

• SkyMan

lamoe

Chicago had sewer grates not lids in some places. One 4 th of July  - around 1960 - a guy (not me I swear) got  M-80s, taped 4 together (The M-80 got its name from the 80 grains (roughly 5 grams) of flash powder it contained. The M stood for military, or military-issue.)

I stood across the street while he lit the fuses and threw into sewer. Not the brightest bulb, he didn't move very far away. New nickname was "sh!tface"

• Haha 4
Semper paratus
On 10/24/2020 at 8:58 PM, cookie47 said:

TRUE, Like connecting the spark plug testing lead to the steel bench when someone is working.haa,,.

At An early mechanic job (1971) in Melbourne (Au) we used to wash all engines as part of "customer service"..We used a "solvent" in a spray jet,,,that came in 44 gal drums.

I'm not sure of it's chemistry but highly flammable.....However,,We had to wait 10 minutes for it to evaporate before starting the engine otherwise fumes trapped inside the distributor cap  would blow the distributor cap clean Off.  Government health and safety banned it eventually 😂..

Our auto shop teacher had a car coil wired to one of the steel benches with the switch on his desk of course. We all just laughed when he decided to wake someone up. Can you imagine the cry babies and the parents of same these days if that were to happen.

One teacher even hung me by the belt on the back of my pants on those hooks that slid across the top of the blackboard. He left me there the whole hour, LOL No big deal. That was about 1960 or so,

• Like 2
bounder
36 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

One teacher even hung me by the belt on the back of my pants on those hooks that slid across the top of the blackboard. He left me there the whole hour, LOL No big deal. That was about 1960 or so,

1960 version of a time out.

• Haha 1
lamoe
1 hour ago, Semper paratus said:

Same - Sam Calmente - 1957 - only in cloakroom - got in trouble when belt broke - broken arm.

• Haha 1
cookie47

I've seen this on the road ,,but a train ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

42281.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Worst-Parent-Plastic-Bag.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

random-28.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
Topper

titty.jpg

• Like 4
Topper

topless chicks.jpg

• Haha 5
Topper

reflections of a boomer.jpg

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

Biker Chicks

biker_chicks.JPG

• Like 2
lamoe
On 11/8/2020 at 5:10 PM, Topper said:

reflections of a boomer.jpg

I've told Laura I love her and also Patches, watched the Leader of the Pack ride away, then went to see The Witch Doctor and he told me what to do,take some Love Potion #9, go to the beach write some  Love Letters in the Sand but while there don't mess with Leroy Brown or Mack the Knife.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
lamoe
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

I've told Laura I love her and also Patches, watched the Leader of the Pack ride away, then went to see The Witch Doctor and he told me what to do,take some Love Potion #9, go to the beach write some  Love Letters in the Sand but while there don't mess with Leroy Brown or Mack the Knife.

All songs from Boomer days, may forget things but can sing most of the lyrics  :lamoe:

Laura - 1960   Patches - 1962  Leader of the Pack -1964  

Witch Doctor - 1958 (memorable lyrics -Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang Walla walla, bing bang

Love Potion #9 - 1964   Love Letters in the Sand - 1957  Leroy Brown 1973

Mack the Knife - 1958

• Thanks 2