Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

Kahuna

lamoe
2 hours ago, SkyMan said:

????

Methinkith someone be just a wee, that is the operative word here, bit jealous? :fighting0029:

I have outstanding table manners:owned:

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kahuna

• Salty Dog

• Headshot

• SkyMan

RogerDat

Where U people live, have you never seen the pig with big balls in a tricycle? They are on there way to breed a sow.

TequilaSunset

Don't know where to put these photo and ask questions. You military types and gun gurus, is this a dud bullet? Is it possible the projectile was attached to an empty shell casing? I found this going through my dad's stuff. I am thinking of polishing, or engraving it, make into some sort of art work. Do I need to be careful with it?

IMG_20180321_194803888.jpg

IMG_20180321_195001573.jpg

RogerDat

Primer has been struck, might be a dud, or as you said, a projectile was put in a fired case. If you shake it, should hear if powder is in it, if so, be careful.

That's a 12.7 mm round similar to a 50 caliber machine gun round.

AND PLEASE DO NOT BRING IT TO THE PHILIPPINES WITH YOU! Ha Ha.

12_7MM.jpg.1164de4d822970a033ffd2103451d5ce.jpg

Edited by RogerDat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
shadow
2 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Primer has been struck, might be a dud, or as you said, a projectile was put in a fired case. If you shake it, should hear if powder is in it, if so, be careful.

I've seen many reloaded bullets here using the old primer. Some primers have 6-8 primer marks.

• Sad 1
SkyMan

29541662_1727509487287623_7637370292465422555_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeE293uZEHuQeqBzAewtonhdqCMPzi5xsLMhRK1_WG67zZMHQvRlnU_2Gpv3tcI4Y1ChgWpIxC1iJfzSPJEjSH-5nt3NrNvJh4oRU_qBhcvBqw&oh=03b552a85567e58261c5cebd7fff8954&oe=5B741033

Edited by SkyMan
RogerDat

Some body is deep in there cups.

• Haha 1
TequilaSunset
17 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Thanks! I do hear a slight rattle when I shake it. I'm not sure I want it now.

Richard K
2 hours ago, TequilaSunset said:

Thanks! I do hear a slight rattle when I shake it. I'm not sure I want it now.

It should be safe to polish up, even if is a live round..as long as you are careful and don't get it hot
I'd leave off the "engraving" though until I got it to a gunsmith to have it checked.
Don't throw it away. It might not have alot of value now but it might someday. Think baseball cards...comics.
I had some old wooden fishing lures and brass spoon lures that were my grand-fathers.. on a lark I put them one by one on e-bay as an auction.. I got almost $900 for one of them.. pretty much bowled me over when I was watching the bidding.

• Like 1
Richard K

On another note...
I really like a little Black Bush every so often. Not as often as I did when I was younger. But I don't have the stamina I used to.

Innuendo is intentional...... 

28308715_1641349919253062_663762795_n.jpg

• Like 2
TequilaSunset
11 hours ago, Richard K said:

It should be safe to polish up, even if is a live round..as long as you are careful and don't get it hot
I'd leave off the "engraving" though until I got it to a gunsmith to have it checked.
Don't throw it away. It might not have alot of value now but it might someday. Think baseball cards...comics.
I had some old wooden fishing lures and brass spoon lures that were my grand-fathers.. on a lark I put them one by one on e-bay as an auction.. I got almost $900 for one of them.. pretty much bowled me over when I was watching the bidding.

Sounds good. I'm not sure where he got it, but if I were to guess it's a souvenir from Korea when he was stationed there just after the cease fire. 

TequilaSunset
On 3/22/2018 at 5:12 AM, RogerDat said:

Just did some research online, and the Browning M2 was used in the Korean War, and the photos of the ammo look exactly like what I have. So I might just polish it up and call it a day. 

Oz Jon
On 3/24/2018 at 6:20 AM, TequilaSunset said:

Just did some research online, and the Browning M2 was used in the Korean War, and the photos of the ammo look exactly like what I have. So I might just polish it up and call it a day. 

Maybe better to NOT polish it! - Usually, antiques are worth more in their original, naturally-aged, state?

• Like 3