Biotech / AI / robotics?

BossHog
On 2/16/2021 at 10:06 PM, rfm010 said:

am rooting for the fibromyalgia trial.  they've been working at it for a long time, had some costly failures with it.

Woke up to a gut punch this morning. That fibromyalgia trial has been suspended. Stock price nearly halved in after hours trading. You win some you lose some. It was worth a gamble but sure looks bad. Shitty way to start the weekend. 

Like you said biotech is a gamble. This one didn't pay off. I won't admit how many shares I bought of this donkey but let's just say...the drinking starts early today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rfm010

• rep1

• Oz Jon

• Cgu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a tip on this clinical-stage pharma company and bought some shares @ $0.66 right before Christmas: Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. (TNXP) They've since announced they have some Covid

at 1.90 pre-market so almost a triple.  might i suggest you let people know just a little bit earlier about such tips? am rooting for the fibromyalgia trial.  they've been working at it for a lon

agree the general future of biotech looks good.  but it has also had a good run and some items are looking a bit pricey at the moment.  many think that the gene editing stocks are a good example.  oth

Posted Images

cvgtpc1

Well you're not down till you sell...

• Like 1
Daddle

Thankfully there are people like you that are willing to invest in risky medical developments. Wouldn’t happen any other way. Happy drinking!

• Like 1
rfm010
16 hours ago, BossHog said:

Woke up to a gut punch this morning. That fibromyalgia trial has been suspended. Stock price nearly halved in after hours trading. You win some you lose some. It was worth a gamble but sure looks bad. Shitty way to start the weekend. 

Like you said biotech is a gamble. This one didn't pay off. I won't admit how many shares I bought of this donkey but let's just say...the drinking starts early today.

ouch.  stopped for futility midway through the trial.  but down only 37% from the start of the day isn't all that bad for a bad biotech result.  given that it happened friday after hours i won't be surprised if you don't see a lower price monday.

biotech i think is the worst performing sector this year.  i'm down 20% from my mid feb highs, down 10% from start of year.  investing in biotech requires an iron gut and an ability to credibly lie to one's wife about such matters.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, rfm010 said:

an ability to credibly lie to one's wife about such matters.

Best statement of the thread. :thumbs_up:

Jester
On 7/23/2021 at 6:17 PM, BossHog said:

I use to berate myself badly when taking a hit.   Then I was told to check the other owners of the stock.  One I took a bad hit on was owned by recognizable name mutual funds and investment groups, retirement funds.  Pro's that make their livings doing these things.  Check some of Bernie Madoffs investors, shocking!   The money is still gone and that hurts but lessens the pain a bit.  

I was handed a Madoff brochure once and decided something was not right,  not intelligence or market savvy,  a gut feeling. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
jaybee747
On 7/23/2021 at 6:17 PM, BossHog said:

I don't know... This company was an accident waiting to happen... Established almost 15 years ago, have zero revenues, CEO makes over 1M a year, 26 employees, market cap 250M... Sorry for whomever lost money on this but for me this kind of stock is good for quick trading, not an investment.

rfm010
2 hours ago, jaybee747 said:

I don't know... This company was an accident waiting to happen... Established almost 15 years ago, have zero revenues, CEO makes over 1M a year, 26 employees, market cap 250M... Sorry for whomever lost money on this but for me this kind of stock is good for quick trading, not an investment.

I thought, after the news, that things would have gone much worse.   His initial buys were at 0.66 and it has been steady above 0.70.  Likely lost money on later buy ins but for biotech not that crushing a blow especially for a trial stopped for futility well before a data readout date.  In the vast majority of similar cases he could have timed a sale before the readout date and made a good profit.

• 2 weeks later...
jaybee747
On 7/24/2021 at 10:44 AM, rfm010 said:

biotech i think is the worst performing sector this year.  i'm down 20% from my mid feb highs, down 10% from start of year.  investing in biotech requires an iron gut and an ability to credibly lie to one's wife about such matters.

Biotech is down 6% or up 11% this year depending on the index you are using.

I am keeping the faith, it is a long race, my 5 horses are still looking great on a yearly basis -

Intellia Therapeutics +655%

Beam Therapeutics +313%

Fate Therapeutics +106%

Editas Medicine +86%

Crispr Therapeutics  +37%

• 2 weeks later...
rfm010
On 8/28/2021 at 10:44 AM, jaybee747 said:

Biotech is down 6% or up 11% this year depending on the index you are using.

I am keeping the faith, it is a long race, my 5 horses are still looking great on a yearly basis -

Intellia Therapeutics +655%

Beam Therapeutics +313%

Fate Therapeutics +106%

Editas Medicine +86%

Crispr Therapeutics  +37%

biotech has had a good couple of weeks.   need more of the same.

looking forward to EDIT's data release near end of september, an important proof of concept for their approach.  if good it will move up nicely in your rankings although probably all will benefit.   but if it fails all will suffer.  

EDIT and CRBU are my current picks for the future.  both still relatively cheap and with interesting technology.  assuming it works.

• Like 1
BossHog
20 hours ago, rfm010 said:

CRBU

Looks like you're on to a winner there. Good job.

• Like 1
rfm010
4 hours ago, BossHog said:

Looks like you're on to a winner there. Good job.

:biggrin_01:

Every once in a while i get to pretend i know what i am doing.

Started trimming today though.   Given the runup it needs to be brought back to a reasonable sized holding.  If the science holds it will be one to keep a core position.  But the EDIT data read is a bit binary, i'm thinking potential 50% move in either direction depending on results and i've mostly struck out on data reads this year so i'm trimming runup gains the next 2 weeks.