Sign in to follow this  
rep1

Benefits of post-paid?

rep1

Have been preparing to apply for post-paid Globe but just saw this:

Globe Telecom will comply with the NTC-DICT-DTI Joint Memorandum Circular No. 05-12-2017 prescribing a one-year expiration period for prepaid load. Effective January 5, 2018, all Globe prepaid load with denomination of P300 and above will carry a one-year expiration period

That means I could load thousands without worrying about unused amount during my absence?!

Since post-paid data plans don't cost less, is there other benefit I could get by applying, compared to monthly gosurf/gigasurf subscription? Rarely calls, just data and text and they already gave too many free text allowances.

Edited by rep1

Aerosick

Since my wife and I both live in Cebu part time and in the USA the other time, we stay with pre-paid Smart and Sun. Globe is really a hassle to get on their roaming plans. We get the (usually) 90 Day loads and we track what we have left on Smart on-line. When Sun no longer works the load is out. But Sun is our backup. When we need load one of my wife's many relatives will just send us the loads we need.

Edited by Aerosick
  • Like 1

yee
3 hours ago, rep1 said:

Have been preparing to apply for post-paid Globe but just saw this:

That means I could load thousands without worrying about unused amount during my absence?!

Since post-paid data plans don't cost less, is there other benefit I could get by applying, compared to monthly gosurf/gigasurf subscription? Rarely calls, just data and text and they already gave too many free text allowances.

Still looking for the answer to that too.

At this time, I'm getting everything in the Globe Post-paid plan for P1299 - minus the Netflix and the unlimited calls - at P505 on prepaid.

Woolf

Smart is also one year for load 300 and above

You can load Globe, Smart, etc via lazada and get 5% discount

https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge/

• Thanks 2

A_Simple_Man
44 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Yes, I was surprised to buy and load a Smart 300 peso load card last week and have the recording tell me it was good for one year.  Nice.

• Like 1

Jawny

I no longer use Globe prepaid for my phone.  I would continually experience load loss with the globe sim (dual sim phone). The other sim was smart, and no problems.  Now I exclusively use smart sim, prepaid for my phone.

with the one year expiration, I can load a significant amount and not be concerned about usage.

I do have Globe WiFi devices, both post paid.  I use a pocket device with one of them and generally satisfied with the plan.  However, they are really screwed up with their app and website.  It is continually messed up and I have a hard time determining my usage amount.  

Additionally, they do have pretty strict contractual requirements, and these change from time to time.  I had a contract for a Globe lte sim, cost ₽999 a month for 15 gb  I went over the amount and was cutoff as I expected.  However, I was never able to get the sim to work properly after that, so I just let the contract run out.  That is where I caution you.  The contract was for six months, expiring next week.  I was warned that if I were to cancel now, days before the end of contract, I would pay a ₽2000 cancellation fee.  

I cant complain, as I must have agreed to that when I signed up.

In spite of this, I did buy another Globe sim, but this time with a globe lte pocket device which works fine.  Now the contract is for one year, Vice six months.  As well, the contract allows usage to roll over to the next month, a benefit I had not been informed of but am glad to have.

To avoid issues, I always pay a month or more in advance so there is alwsys a a credit.

• Thanks 1

Woolf

With Globe GOSURF 50 you can get 20GB for 1000php

with the GOSURF 999 you only get 8GB

GOSURF 50 includes unli allnet texts

Smart has something the same

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Postpaid has some more benefits.

You get a utility bill you can use as proof of living
You still can pay cash - no need for any account to be connected 

Globe told me whenever I move I can take my Broadband postpaid with me - even they cannot give me broadband in my new adress.
But that also means - opposite to eg germany - they wont sell me a NEW plan and I still have to pay my OLD plan additionally.
But - if I can pay cash always - If I dont like postpay anymore I just stop paying ...

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
10 hours ago, Woolf said:

You can load Globe, Smart, etc via lazada and get 5% discount

https://www.lazada.com.ph/mobilerecharge/

Do you still get the free txts?  I get like 250 any net txts when I buy 1000 from SMART on the dashboard.

Woolf
34 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Do you still get the free txts?  I get like 250 any net txts when I buy 1000 from SMART on the dashboard.

I loaded 300php via lazada dec27 

checked ballance jan 23 allnet text is 22, how many I got, I do not know

25 maybe ?

expire mar 12,   hmmm will never use the 300, better send some of it to the wife,

maybe send to my other number and get some gosurf or what ever it is called at SMART

Edited by Woolf

rep1

hmm but you need a local cc to load from lazada yes?

Woolf
6 hours ago, rep1 said:

Nope

I use my master card issue by my bank in Denmark, no problem

I also pay what ever I buy from lazada with that card

even ordered a guitar for my granddaughter when I was I Denmark

and paid with the danish CC

• Thanks 1

Mikal
On 2/2/2018 at 6:51 PM, Woolf said:

I loaded 300php via lazada dec27 

checked ballance jan 23 allnet text is 22, how many I got, I do not know

25 maybe ?

expire mar 12,   hmmm will never use the 300, better send some of it to the wife,

maybe send to my other number and get some gosurf or what ever it is called at SMART

Woolf, where is that thread on Globe Postpaid with no data cap?  A specific plan with some type of cap or limit on the amount that you can additionally be charged.  I think this is (or was) what you use for your Internet access.  Apologies, I just cant find it now.  Thanks!

A_Simple_Man
9 hours ago, rep1 said:

What I did need, and could not get, was an authorization code.  You need your credit card set up to send you an authorization code that you enter to complete the transaction.  I doubt they care where the card comes from so long as you can get the code.  Some companies text them or email them to you.  My local card is not set up that way so would not work.

Woolf
1 minute ago, A_Simple_Man said:

What I did need, and could not get, was an authorization code.  You need your credit card set up to send you an authorization code that you enter to complete the transaction.  I doubt they care where the card comes from so long as you can get the code.  Some companies text them or email them to you.  My local card is not set up that way so would not work.

That is correct, I get the code send to me as txt on my danish sim card/cell phone

does not cost me anything