Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Speaking Of Ormoc

easy44

Ormoc is a city on it’s way up.  With the election of movie star Richard Gomez as mayor along with his wife Lucy Torres (also an ex movie star), congresswoman the city has started to grow and improve. Rumor has it the previous admin. stunted growth by requiring too much “seed” money to get new developments approved, resulting in stagnation for many years.  Recent developments include a big Robinsons Mall as well as new SM Mall, both under construction.  Gomez has cleaned up the town and made improvements to the waterfront area.  All in all, Ormoc is becoming a much more desirable place to live and visit than it was in the past. 

Edited by easy44
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Salty Dog
11 hours ago, badian said:

Ormoc is a pretty good DIA town, it's populated enough for there to be a decent pool of girls there and they don't need much encouragement to come in from the smaller towns around.

LinC isn't about DIA or picking up girls (women). If you can't give a report without talking about that, then find another forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jim Sibbick
18 hours ago, soupeod said:

I went here for lunch and a cold San Miguel yesterday.  Very nice resort. About 10k (6 miles) south of Ormoc City. 

Thanks! I was there in August

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jim Sibbick
18 hours ago, soupeod said:

Palompon Leyte

As Jim said, this is up the road 60k (36 miles).

Thankyou. That video showed the Tabuk Marine sanctuary and Kalanggaman Island. While drinking a few beers at my favourite aircon cafe by the sea called Franz, the  marine sanctuary takes up most of the view on the left and you can see Kalanggaman Island off in the distance. Here is my favourite Kalanggaman Island video

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soupeod

Damn Jim I am ready to go there now! Thanks for the Video. :)

• Like 1

colemanlee

If you sit somewhere like Sabine's and look across the bay, the land there is beautiful, I always wondered why nobody built a really nice resort there...as most of the land on the Ormoc side is already built up....

• Like 1

Jawny

Something I’ve encoutered many times here is the beauty deception.  I do enjoy the vistas and hope to win the lottery some day so I can buy a home with a view of the sea and such.  

The deception is seeing th8ngs from a distance only to discover that up close things are not what they may have seemed from afar.

Don't get me wrong.  There’s lots of beauty to enjoy,  sadly, the beaches all, look lovely from the sea.  It’s when you travel along these beaches where there are homes crowded along the highway.  If you can get to a beach area that hasn’t been claimed by a resort, often it is littered with the various forms of waste from those close by homes.

I haven’t been to the beach areas near my home for many years.  Too much human impact on the beauty.  

I am specifically referring to the beach areas in the Ormoc City area.  

• Like 5

mikewright

The Leyte Golf and Country Club outside Ormoc has an 18-hole course, pro shop, restaurant and bar, and good views of Ormoc Bay. It's a private course, but visitors can use the course if they make a reservation first.

The club also has cottages available for overnight accommodation. I don't know current prices, but remember that the cottages were very inexpensive when the club first opened.

• Like 1

Jawny

This week, the Visayas State University (VISCA) is having their anniversary.  Used to be in August. Not a very exciting agenda, but lots of plants and furniture for sale. I think there are some athletic events as well. Each college and some local business and government offices have displays. A lot like a county fair in the USA. They have an active Facebook presence, so more can be learned that way.  

Mikal
29 minutes ago, Jawny said:

This week, the Visayas State University (VISCA) is having their anniversary.  Used to be in August. Not a very exciting agenda, but lots of plants and furniture for sale. I think there are some athletic events as well. Each college and some local business and government offices have displays. A lot like a county fair in the USA. They have an active Facebook presence, so more can be learned that way.  

We were in Ormoc during Independence Day last year.  It was just by chance, but it worked out very well because it really did remind me of a small town USA 4th of July celebration in many ways.  The parade mostly.  

I do like the Ormoc Villa Hotel - right in town, very easy stroll from/to the pier, but the grounds and pool are very nice.  I even like Ormoc City itself - very, very clean, compact, not very difficult to get around.  And a Bo's coffee for my morning fix.

• Like 1

JohnSurrey
On 01/02/2018 at 11:27 AM, colemanlee said:

Its not as bad as some make out....we travel from Tacloban City to there a lot...in fact during Yolanda times it was where we had to go for grocerys....Baybayon ni Agalon is our go to resort with the kids....probably take them there every couple of months....the wife and I like Sabine's to just get away by ourselves....there is a great outdoor restaurant next to Robinsons Grocery

How do you book Baybayon ni Agalon

I had a look online but cannot seem to find a site where you can check availability and book - thanks

colemanlee

wife is asleep but she has it...if this dont work let me know

(053) 562 9362

• Like 1

Soupeod
23 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

How do you book Baybayon ni Agalon

That is not in Ormoc but in Albuera where the suspected drug dealers are from.  

• Like 1

colemanlee
7 minutes ago, soupeod said:

That is not in Ormoc but in Albuera where the suspected drug dealers are from.  

Were from lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soupeod
2 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Were from lol

Ssshhh

• Haha 1