scamed by Cebu City family

Huck Finn
maybe it is a troll, but so what if it's flushed out stuff like this :

I was taken in also by a girl, to the tune of much less money than you describe,( about 12,000) so this time, I sent far less money

excuse me, but what kind of a moron are you? I've been shagging girls for years and only ever sent them thirty bucks on their birthday or for Holy Week/Songkran, something like that. The idea of giving anything to somebody you've never even met is just laughable. The very very few times I have, I've never sent anything regularly, like every month - only, very rarely, for a special occasion. I just tell them I haven't got the money spare, which is true. I haven't. They learn not to even ask. Maybe they've been topping up with help from idiots like you, in which case I couldn't of course care less. In fact I'd encourage it.

You may not like the guy but do you have to make it so obvious! :rolleyes:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ckfm

• Markham

• Huck Finn

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all too easy to bash someone for doing something that now obviously doesn't look too smart. Although I have not made the same mistake, I've made done plenty of things that in retrospect were really dumb. So I'll just join the few who've thanked the OP for posting his experience. Many can learn something from it and maybe it will make someone ask questions sooner or take a different approach.

jedi

My take on this is a little different . I see him sending money to her because he felt love for her. I don't see where he was trying to buy sex or love. As far as trying to discredit the girl or her family, I think she did a pretty good job of discrediting herself without any help from anyone else. :rolleyes:

You know maybe she did love him. And she was so grateful that he was such a generous man sending all that money that she said I am going to sleep with him every night he is here that's the least I could do. Upon meeting as the days went buy she realized it wasn't love at all and decided to call the whole thing off. Of course it was only after he purchased the aircon, hell it can get hot over there, and other things that she realized this.

About that so called friend of Karen's. Maybe the friend was jealous of the generosity that the OP showed Karen, that she made up the whole pregnant thing. Bottom line is you only lost what 54 thousand dollars? At least you found out there was no love there before getting married.

You say the glass is half empty I say it's half full. Monty Python said it best "look at the bright side of life."

Alan S

As everyone has expressed their opinion, and the OP hasnt visited this site since posting his first message, I suggest we leave this topic as it seems that Markham's comment may be correct.

rainymike

Move on with your life. We all make the mistake of thinking with our dipsticks from time to time.

It could have gone either way, but you got a bad egg. With a little homework, you should have figured out that she was a bad egg sooner rather than later. But, no point blaming yourself or her. Chalk it up to experience.

There are more many times more good fish than bad fish in the Philippines, but if you fish where the bad fish hang out, well ... you should expect to catch a bad fish. Easier said than done though. God gave our dipsticks way too much power over how we think.

Popcornman
BS! I have processed a half dozen such cases in the last 3 years without a problem.

Larry in Dumaguete

Good to know this, as i was given the information from a law firm that specializes in visa applications to the Philippines.

They told me that if you apply for a fiance visa you cannot reapply for another one in the same country for 5 years...

Sorry for my bad info :rolleyes:

Paul

Start another thread on visas. Don't do it here.

I think some of you are being a little hard on the OP education is not free some of us pay more than others I do think he has learnt his lesson and it was good of him to post his experience so others can be warned. Why would he come back here with some of the harsh comments posted to him. I guess when you are wounded you are not looking for more kicks.

How can somebody be so foolish and get scammed for so long?

This is the age old question on human behavior and Bernard Madoff comes to mind he swindled 4,800 clients of about 65 billion dollars, even Steven Spielberg got taken in so it can happen to anybody. I believe the Op was investing in his future and his major fault was not doing enough research just even asking someone a few questions might have saved him a few dollars if we know what questions to ask.

udonthani

Fair assessment. We are all of us entitled to our opinions but bottom line in my view is never send anybody any money to somebody that you've never even met - as pinays will generally say - "personally".

be strict. Point out that they had a job before they even met you and that it kept them alive.

this is when the smart kano takes advantage of his knowledge that womens' rights are rather good by regional and also global levels in the Philippines. Many women have top managerial jobs in the Philippines. This is not a nation of female doormats.

which further makes life quite easy for a kano that got the picture.

When you had sex the first time on the first meeting, how did you not realize that she wasn't a virgin???

I can't answer for the original poster, but there are MANY tricks that a girl will use to even simulate they are virgins doing it their first time. I take claims of virginity with a grain of salt.

Back in my stupid days(10 years ago), I arrived in the Philippines to meet a chat mate, after more than 24 hours of traveling and about 36 hours with no sleep, I arrived and went to her house where I was to stay. I get into the room, she pushed me down on the bed, the clothes came off and while I can't really remember what happened next. Afterwards, she showed me some blood and told me that I took her virginity. She said she felt guilty so more action until we got married. She was worried about being pregnant, etc, etc.

The pressure vice was put on to get married. I was basically stuck in a house, away from anything I knew in a foreign country. The only times I was allowed out was when I either accompanied by her or some other family member. I was experienced enough to realize that rape is easy to allege in third world countries so leaving seemed like a idiot way to get out of the situation, especially since I couldn't even figure out how to get out. I ended up getting married, even though I didn't really want to. I figured that I was contemplating marriage before I came and I might as well enjoy it. Stupid move.

Come to find out, she had taken some medicine to hold off her period until the day I arrived. After marriage, the lies began unraveling fast and furious. She continued to suck out large sums of money from me. I blew through about 6,000 in 6 weeks in the Philippines. Luckily, when I got back to the states, I told my friends and they called me an idiot. I did what any smart guy should do, I filed for divorce on her from the states.