Baked Spaghetti

bernadette

bernadette

Hello Everyone! :)

oh well, here I am again...hungry! lol anyway,I wonder how do you guys(or your misis) do your baked spaghetti? i got recipe here but it is quite basic...

let me know how you do your baked spag and i'm gonna let you know my version

• Like 2
to_dave007

Now there you go again..  making me wish I had an oven.  And right around dinner time.  Damn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
BossHog
2 hours ago, bernadette said:

I wonder how do you guys(or your misis) do your baked spaghetti?

Basically, if I want food I tell my missus "bring me food". And then she brings me food and beer. 

We have a few ovens. People cook stuff in them. I don't micro-manage. Sorry for lack of  recipe.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey

I like baked spaghetti but have never cooked it. I'd be interested in your recipe... 

• Like 1
Headshot

i got recipe here but it is quite basic...

OK Bee ... I'll bite. Where is the recipe?

bernadette

Okay here it is but....

WARNING!( It has a sugar on it...so if you think its'too sweet(Its a filipino recipe) kindly adjust)

Tomato Meat Sauce:

Saute 1 head chopped garlic in 1/4 cup oil. Add in 1 cup chopped onions and cook until soft. Add in the ff ingredients-

1/2 kilo ground pork

1pack 1000 grams Del Monte Spag Sauce(Filipino Style)

1tsp white paper

1tbsp chicken powder

2tbsp sugar

Cook until meat is cooked and sauce is thick. Set asid...

White Sauce:

Melt 1/2 cup butter in a pan . Whisk in 1/2 cup flour. Mix well. Add in 1tbsp chicken powder. Blend in 2 cups cream add 4 cups fresh milk. Season with 1/2 tsp. white pepper and 1/8tsp nutmeg. Cook with constant stirring  over low fire until the sauce is creamy. Set aside,

Noodles:

Cook 500 grams spag noodles according to direction in the package . Wash amd drain

To assemble:

Put half of the noodles in the bottom of a  heatpproof container(Im using the heatproof since i dnt have that expensive pyrex thingie at home). Spread half of the tomatoe meat sauce. Cover with 1/2 of the white sauce. Repeat layering one more time.top with grated cheese, Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Edited by bernadette
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Headshot

If it is too sweet, they could easily use the Italian style spaghetti sauce rather than the Filipino-style sauce. It is interesting that you put both a white sauce version and a red sauce version in the same pan. Thanks for the recipe.

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

hiya Bee i can't remember if my wife has made baked spaghetti but she does do a baked ziti dish that's probably similar.  she is snoozing right now but tomorrow i will ask her about it.   :)

• Like 1
bernadette
1 minute ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

hiya Bee i can't remember if my wife has made baked spaghetti but she does do a baked ziti dish that's probably similar.  she is snoozing right now but tomorrow i will ask her about it.   :)

yay! hope you can share your recipe of baked ziti here...thanks in advance... :D

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

If it is too sweet, they could easily use the Italian style spaghetti sauce rather than the Filipino-style sauce. It is interesting that you put both a white sauce version and a red sauce version in the same pan. Thanks for the recipe.

i wash the pan before proceeding to the next step actually :)

• Like 1