Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Super Blue Blood moon tomorrow night

SkyMan

Lying in the yard with the wife.  Looks awesome.

• Like 1

broden

heavy fog here so we watched the live feed on youtube from the griffith observatory

bounder

Perfectly cloudless skies for this spectacle.  Had the whole family and one (kano) neighbor on the platform out back watching the once in our lifetime event.   Asked the children (elementary to 11th grade) if there was any discussion in school (either teachers or classmates) about the eclipse and nothing was ever brought up.    Perhaps I am the odd one here?

• Like 3

BossHog
7 hours ago, bounder said:

Asked the children (elementary to 11th grade) if there was any discussion in school (either teachers or classmates) about the eclipse and nothing was ever brought up. 

Our local high school actually had a telescope set up and lots of kids were there after 9 PM last night.

We watched from home and had fairly clear skies. I'm wondering if anyone else saw the blue light around the moon about an hour before totality. (Yes, I know blue moon doesn't mean a blue moon). But everyone with me saw these kind of electric blue lights around the eclipsing moon before it turned red.

• Like 2

broden

some other things to look forward to this year

Halley's comet tear is a name i don't hear very often at all

it refers to the eta aquarid meteor showed  which will actually run something like mid april to late may every year.. this year should peak around the 6th.. it's when we pass through the debris from halley's tail

the orionid meteor shower later in the year is also caused by the same debris

halley itself won't be back till 61

t19poB1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

bounder

I have had great success watching the Perseids and Geminids Meteor Showers in the states, but not so much in the PH.   Singapore is having a total solar eclipse on Dec. 26, 2019.  

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2019-december-26

• Like 1