Member #1

Only in the Philippines Photos & Videos

colemanlee
1 minute ago, bounder said:

The tractors I see here don't even come close to looking like that. But look how small the motor is on that thing!  My riding lawnmower motor in the states couldn't have been much smaller than that.  Innovation is the art and skill of Filipinos here....

Indeed it is, I am amazed at some of the things Ive seen here...as for small motors, you could move the world with just one hp if you had the right gearing...

• Like 2

Semper paratus
5 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Who puts seat belts on a tractor?  

My John Deere tractor in the U.S. had a seat belt and a roll bar.

• Like 1

Salty Dog

balut.jpg

• Sad 2

colemanlee
7 minutes ago, bounder said:

The tractors I see here don't even come close to looking like that. But look how small the motor is on that thing!  My riding lawnmower motor in the states couldn't have been much smaller than that.  Innovation is the art and skill of Filipinos here....

Indeed it is, I am amazed at some of the things Ive seen here...as for small motors, you could move the world with just one hp if you had the right gearing...

4 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

My John Deere tractor in the U.S. had a seat belt and a roll bar.

Mine had a switch under the seat that shut it off when there was no pressure on the seat, after the first day I by passed it....never had a tractor or a mower that had a roll bar or a seat belt, but I guess I left there in time they had not made it some kind of law....I can see some use to a roll bar on a tractor, like mowing on the side of a hill but kind of takes some of the fun out of it....back in the day we learned early to just hang off the high side lol

Jack Rat
47 minutes ago, colemanlee said:

Mine had a switch under the seat that shut it off when there was no pressure on the seat, after the first day I by passed it....never had a tractor or a mower that had a roll bar or a seat belt, but I guess I left there in time they had not made it some kind of law....I can see some use to a roll bar on a tractor, like mowing on the side of a hill but kind of takes some of the fun out of it....back in the day we learned early to just hang off the high side lol

I remember driving tractors (Ford) back home on our farm when I was nine years old. We had rolling type country and we didn't have roll bars in those days. My father taught me the basics then it was up to me to use a little common sense, mainly not to take risks..The real danger back then was the PTO coupling directly under the drivers seat. The PTO's actually caused almost as many casualties than roll overs. Loose clothing being caught in the drive was the main cause of accidents. I had a client who had his arm torn off at the shoulder when he leaned over the drive to clear a buildup of straw, unfortunately some loose clothing caught on the PTO. He walked over a mile to get help and survived.

• Thanks 1

Kreole
On 2/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, Tullioz said:

That's a herbal soap made from the placenta of plants. That one got me when I first visited the Philippines and I had to ask the saleslady when I came across it. I felt a lot better after I found out the ingredients.

Plants do not have placentas.  I have never seen more bullshit advertised claims anywhere I have traveled.  This poor country is ripe for exploitation since there do not seem to be any laws agains blatently false advertising.  It pains me to think of all of the earnest Filipinos who borrow money to buy into Ponzi schemes, lose their investment and are stuck with the debt and a lot of useless product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Kreole
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=64674b45ff2b2516balut.jpg

Is this the Filipino street food called "balout"?  Forgive the spelling.  I once went to a street stall and thought they were selling hard boiled eggs.  I was disgusted to see unborn baby chicks cooked in the shell.

SkyMan
3 hours ago, colemanlee said:

Mine had a switch under the seat that shut it off when there was no pressure on the seat, after the first day I by passed it...

Mine shuts off the PTO but leaves the motor running.  It also shots off the PTO in reverse.  I'd like to bypass that part.

RogerDat

Wak Wak behind our old house.

IMG_0345.thumb.JPG.565a7c36b1b5c1a0bd36aa6191441257.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tullioz
2 hours ago, Kreole said:

Plants do not have placentas.  I have never seen more bullshit advertised claims anywhere I have traveled.  This poor country is ripe for exploitation since there do not seem to be any laws agains blatently false advertising.  It pains me to think of all of the earnest Filipinos who borrow money to buy into Ponzi schemes, lose their investment and are stuck with the debt and a lot of useless product.

Didn't you take any biology classes in high school? 

Placenta, plural Placentas, or Placentae, in botany, the surface of the carpel (highly modified leaf) to which the ovules (potential seeds) are attached. The placenta is usually located in a region corresponding somewhat to the margins of a leaf but is actually submarginal in position. The placentation, or arrangement of ovules within the ovary, is frequently of taxonomic value. Placentation is usually submarginal in a simple pistil (female sex organ). In a compound pistil, two or more carpels are used in various ways, placentation being parietal, with carpels united by their adjacent margins and the ovules disposed along the inner ovary walls; axile, with carpels folded inward and the ovules along the central axis of the ovary; free central, derived from the axile, with a central column bearing the ovules; basal, with ovules positioned on a low column at the base of the ovary; or laminar, with ovules scattered over the inner surfaces of carpels.

https://www.britannica.com/science/placenta-plant

Plant placenta, also known as vegetal placenta, is found at the very heart of young plants under the pistil which nourishes and feeds the fruit during its growth. It has extraordinary regenerating power and has many amino acids, protein, mineral salts, sugars, and antioxidants. Because it is so rich in these natural components, many skin care products companies as well as nutritional supplements manufacturers are using plant placenta as one of their main ingredients for making anti-aging products.

http://trzell.com/blog/index.php/2016/08/05/what-is-plant-placenta-and-what-are-its-beauty-benefits/

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

colemanlee
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Mine shuts off the PTO but leaves the motor running.  It also shots off the PTO in reverse.  I'd like to bypass that part.

Its not hard, most likely its a manual switch activated by the manual movement of the shift leaver...all you have to do is find the switch and just take it our of line

Dafey

5a76da7908ef5_blackjeep.thumb.jpg.d95343326b05143723a0a1cc020ad215.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Topper

Black Jeeps matter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

bounder
8 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Loose clothing being caught in the drive was the main cause of accidents.

There was a local farmer who came into the office one day and was totally black and blue.  Seems his loose clothing got caught in the PTO on the back of his tractor.  Fortunately for him, the gear pulled off his clothing leaving him in his briefs.  There were other in our area that weren't as fortunate....and it happened too quickly, so there is never enough time to react. 

• Like 2

CardiacKid
11 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=64674b45ff2b2516balut.jpg

Yum Yum It's what for dinner tonight.

• Like 1