1.5 hp Aircon

vguy

My aircon has just died (1.5 hp matrix windown type) and 5 years  and will cost 5k to repair so its not worth it

So i havnt had a chance to look around.

Anyone  know any good deals on a 1.5 split or window type ?

my  20k budget doesnt seem to leave many options :/ iv checked lazanda and theres not much

colemanlee

Go look SM, you should find one to fit your budget

• Like 1
oztony
1 hour ago, vguy said:

My aircon has just died (1.5 hp matrix windown type) and 5 years  and will cost 5k to repair so its not worth it

So i havnt had a chance to look around.

Anyone  know any good deals on a 1.5 split or window type ?

my  20k budget doesnt seem to leave many options :/ iv checked lazanda and theres not much

I bought a couple of window units at Wilcon in Minglanilla about 4 years ago , they were about 20k each , they had cheaper ones there at that time and a bit of selection , worth a look if you are in Cebu City...

• Like 1
Davaoeno
1 minute ago, oztony said:

I bought a couple of window units at Wilcon in Minglanilla about 4 years ago , they were about 20k each , they had cheaper ones there at that time and a bit of selection , worth a look if you are in Cebu City...

Is it your recommendation that he not consider spending the 5K to fix it ?  [ i appreciate he never told us what the problem is ! ]

• Like 1
oztony
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

Is it your recommendation that he not consider spending the 5K to fix it ?  [ i appreciate he never told us what the problem is ! ]

Depends how old the unit is ...If it is over 10 years and has had a fair bit of use sometimes you fix one thing and then the next problem pops up ....I would fix it because I could do it myself ....

If it is an electrical problem and not compressor related maybe worth a fix , if he told us what the A/C guy "told" him we may get closer......

• Thanks 1
Goetz1965

1 bought 1.5HP Windowtype last year at SM at just 16K each 

39 minutes ago, oztony said:

Are you sure it was in Minglanilla ???

as far as I know there is no Wilcon there

There is a Wilcon in Barangay Lawaan2, Talisay City

Map

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.260334,123.8344123,19.25z

Street view

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2604957,123.8335463,3a,90y,131.96h,87.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRCw9YvdRdeFW6CDbWUodDQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

oztony
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

Are you sure it was in Minglanilla ???

as far as I know there is no Wilcon there

There is a Wilcon in Barangay Lawaan2, Talisay City

Map

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.260334,123.8344123,19.25z

Street view

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2604957,123.8335463,3a,90y,131.96h,87.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sRCw9YvdRdeFW6CDbWUodDQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Yeah that's the one , left side just over the bridge heading south , Talisay ......Minglanilla is a bit further along...(chalk it up Woolf)..:)

That wilcon is actually my favorite hardware , a vast range in that store ...spent 200k in there in 1 day a few years back...

• Like 1

When I needed aircon, refrigerator and washing machine I looked around

for what I wanted brand model etc, when I knew what I wanted I went to Echo Appliance Center

always got the best price there 

there is an Echo here, close to Magellan Cross

Map:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2941223,123.9005836,21z

Street view:

https://www.google.dk/maps/@10.2940572,123.9005519,3a,75y,340.69h,75.7t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1srM_06S20hYaR792YuBQ5SQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DrM_06S20hYaR792YuBQ5SQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D293.3596%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Woolf
oztony
1 minute ago, Woolf said:

Yeah I have been to Atlantic..also a good store for sure ...(It doesn't take much to outgun anything we have on Negros).....

I think you mentioned it was only 5 years old maybe it's worth fixing or what's wrong with it?  I've had many technicians tell me they can't fix it only to find out it's something minor like a capacitor that only would cost 300 -600 pesos or bearings for the fan.   

if they are able to fix it, how long would it take, usually?

I had an aicon window unit with a bad capacitor (it had given errors for some time)

they came to troubleshoot it and found it was the capacitor

they came next day installed the capacitor, fixed

capacitor 550 php

labor 450

I am in Talisay

they come all the way from mandaue

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

This is what they said it needs :

Window type Air-condition unit 1.5 HP
Leak testing and soldering
System vacuuming
System flushing
System Reprocessing, Refrigerant recharging
Supply of labor and materials
Technical supervision

The unit is 5 years old I asked if its worth it he s aid it should give it at least one more year if not more..... 

He has now offered to go down to 3300 p instead of the 5000p first offer