Sign in to follow this  
Kahuna

Here’s Elon Musk’s $600 Boring Company flamethrower

Kahuna

Here’s Elon Musk’s $600 Boring Company flamethrower. SpaceX, Tesla, and Boring Company CEO Elon Musk is known for making bold promises on deadlines he often can’t keep. That’s why this one from last December sounded more like an Onion headline than anything: “After [we sell] 50k [Boring Company] hats, we will start selling The Boring Company flamethrower.” On Christmas Eve, after selling said 50,000 hats, he tweeted that the flamethrowers were coming “soon!” Mark this down as one of the promises Elon delivers on, apparently, because it looks like the Boring Company flamethrower is here. Redditors in a few SpaceX, Boring Company, and Musk-related subreddits noticed earlier this week that the URL “boringcompany.com/flamethrower” started redirecting to a page with a password box. And at least one user was able to guess the original password, too: “flame.” (It’s since been changed.) It was leaked a few days ago but they changed the password

• Like 4

Goetz1965

Like all from Musk - a nice JPG only - but WHERE is the REAL thing ???

noddle
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Like all from Musk - a nice JPG only - but WHERE is the REAL thing ???

What,  like his cars, and rockets ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kahuna

Update:

Elon Musk revealed on Monday that he’s so far sold $5 million worth of his Boring Company-branded flamethrowers in just a couple of days of sales. he CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, and tunneling outfit The Boring Company said that half of the 20,000-unit consignment of $500 devices have so far been pre-ordered and will be shipping globally in the spring. If it’s not banned. When people began questioning the flamethrower’s legality, Musk responded that the reach of its flame is shorter than the 10-foot limit stipulated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The billionaire entrepreneur added that it’s been designed to offer “max fun for least danger,” claiming he’d be “way more scared of a steak knife.”

• Like 1

Headshot
7 hours ago, Kahuna said:

The billionaire entrepreneur added that it’s been designed to offer “max fun for least danger,” claiming he’d be “way more scared of a steak knife.”

Wait until some kid sets his little brother or friend on fire using the flame thrower, and Musk gets sued for more that the entire product line is worth. I wonder what he will think then. He obviously hasn't calculated the law of unintended consequences into the price of the flame thrower.

Kahuna
13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Wait until some kid sets his little brother or friend on fire using the flame thrower, and Musk gets sued for more that the entire product line is worth. I wonder what he will think then. He obviously hasn't calculated the law of unintended consequences into the price of the flame thrower.

I'm not sure he'd be sued for anything. When you purchase a gun for instance and it's misused or kills a kid does the manufacturer  get sued?  Fault usually lies with ownership and if it's a$500/flamethrower what parents are buying that for the kids? 

Headshot
13 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

I'm not sure he'd be sued for anything. When you purchase a gun for instance and it's misused or kills a kid does the manufacturer  get sued?  Fault usually lies with ownership and if it's a$500/flamethrower what parents are buying that for the kids?

What planet did you grow up on? Of course the manufacturer gets sued. It is called creating an inviting hazard. Power companies get sued all the time when some kid climbs a power pole and gets electrocuted (and the companies almost always end up paying). Parents don't buy stuff like that for the kids. The kids just see it and think it would be fun to set little Johnny on fire. It's being marketed as a toy, and perfectly safe, after all ("I'd be more afraid of a steak knife").

Kahuna
Just now, Headshot said:

What planet did you grow up on? Of course the manufacturer gets sued. It is called creating an inviting hazard. Power companies get sued all the time when some kid climbs a power pole and gets electrocuted (and the companies almost always end up paying). Parents don't buy stuff like that for the kids. The kids just see it and think it would be fun to set little Johnny on fire. It's being marketed as a toy, and perfectly safe, after all ("I'd be more afraid of a steak knife").

You do need to show you are at least 18 to purchase a flamethrower. Then you also need to look up your state and local laws about having a flamethrower.

I do think there are certain rules in place already but let's say for instance Elon Musk has lost his mind somehow and is selling flamethrowers to kids.  In this case I would have to bet he's got a room full of lawyers and a house full of money sitting around just to make this work out for him.  

As for power companies paying off every time that's not always the case. I worked for ComEd for over 20 yrs in line clearance and they had a room full of lawyers too just waiting to fight cases for years. This is all heading off topic tho..

So..to cap..  18 yrs old is the age..    

https://throwflame.com/

Legal to own

In the USA Flamethrowers are federally unregulated and not even considered a firearm (ironic) by the BATF. No need for any NFA tax stamps, weapons licensing or even an FFL dealer. It’s the purchaser’s responsibility to ascertain that ownership and or use does not violate any state or local laws or regulations. Check out our FAQ page for information on international deliveries.

Throwflame requires purchaser to be 18 or older to order to receive delivery (shipper requires age verification upon delivery)

Elon's not alone in selling flamethrowers.  Haven't heard much about kids shooting kids with them yet but hey..first it's fidget spinners,then eating tide pods.. so who knows for sure?  

• Thanks 1

Headshot
5 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

You do need to show you are at least 18 to purchase a flamethrower. Then you also need to look up your state and local laws about having a flamethrower.

I do think there are certain rules in place already but let's say for instance Elon Musk has lost his mind somehow and is selling flamethrowers to kids.  In this case I would have to bet he's got a room full of lawyers and a house full of money sitting around just to make this work out for him.  

As for power companies paying off every time that's not always the case. I worked for ComEd for over 20 yrs in line clearance and they had a room full of lawyers too just waiting to fight cases for years. This is all heading off topic tho..

So..to cap..  18 yrs old is the age..    

https://throwflame.com/

Elon's not alone in selling flamethrowers.  Haven't heard much about kids shooting kids with them yet but hey..first it's fidget spinners,then eating tide pods.. so who knows for sure?  

Smart lawyers sue those with deep pockets. All of those with deep pockets have lawyers, but when you build a flame thrower that looks like a Star Wars storm trooper gun, you should expect for a kid someplace to get hold of it, and fry somebody, whether the kid was the one the flame thrower was sold to or not. Cases like this almost always find the manufacturer at fault because they are tried before a jury (most of whom are parents).

Kahuna
5 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Smart lawyers sue those with deep pockets. All of those with deep pockets have lawyers, but when you build a flame thrower that looks like a Star Wars storm trooper gun, you should expect for a kid someplace to get hold of it, and fry somebody, whether the kid was the one the flame thrower was sold to or not. Cases like this almost always find the manufacturer at fault because they are tried before a jury (most of whom are parents).

Yes indeed !   I think you should write a scathing email to Elon because I'm  convinced none of this has ever occurred to him in any way. I don't have his address but maybe you can google it and unload on him with both barrels.Really give it to him.  Set him straight .  

When you're done come back and let me know how it went..ok?   I'l be waiting. But in the meantime I'm going to post the story as it happens and any updates as I find them about his selling flame throwers. 

Good Luck and Hope you get this all sorted out pronto!!  

Edited by Kahuna

broden

2C0GHXo.png

• Haha 1

Kahuna

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jan/29/elon-musk-shoots-down-zombie-apocalypse-conspiracy/

Elon Musk shoots down ‘zombie apocalypse’ conspiracy after flamethrower sales skyrocket

Billionaire jokes: ‘The flamethrower is sentient’

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk laughed off conspiracy theories over the weekend that his latest money-maker is linked with an orchestrated zombie apocalypse.

The man behind Tesla, the Boring Company, and SpaceX has parlayed his business skills into another lucrative market — flamethrowers. Mr. Musk, 46, addressed sales of the equipment Monday along with a conspiracy theory out of “The Walking Dead.”

The rumor that I’m secretly creating a zombie apocalypse to generate demand for flamethrowers is completely false

“The rumor that I’m secretly creating a zombie apocalypse to generate demand for flamethrowers is completely false,” 

Mr. Musk joked via Twitter. “You’d need millions of zombies for a so-called ‘apocalypse’ anyway. Where would I even get a factory big enough to make so many!?”

The Boring Company tallied sales of 10,000 units within 48 hours, Fox News reported Monday.

Headshot
11 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

Hope you get this all sorted out pronto!!  

Typical. Why would I need to sort anything out? It is his responsibility to foresee possible outcomes of his products, not mine. If I could see this possibility, he should be able to see it as well. All he is doing is joking about the product, but maybe he should look at the reality of what goes on in the courts.

Zombies? There you go. My little brother was acting like a zombie. I didn't know the flame thrower would actually hurt him. It was supposed to be safe.

Kahuna
Just now, Headshot said:

Typical. Why would I need to sort anything out? It is his responsibility to foresee possible outcomes of his products, not mine. If I could see this possibility, he should be able to see it as well. All he is doing is joking about the product, but maybe he should look at the reality of what goes on in the courts.

Zombies? There you go. My little brother was acting like a zombie. I didn't know the flame thrower would actually hurt him. It was supposed to be safe.

I don't think it's going to keep Elon up at night  but if it's going to worry on you I don't see why you don't go ahead and unload on him since unloading here really isn't reaching the intended audience is it?

If you're trying to warn people in the forum not to buy his flamer then perhaps I can see why you're here.Is that it? Maybe one or another member here is looking into getting a few flamers for the kids? 

If that's the case then feel free to use my topic to pass on your warnings and hopefully you'l be on time because a few of these guys who have an extra $500 laying around probably would run out and buy one of those flamers ...unless....you stop them..  

I'm with ya Bill..   Let's do this..  ok?  

Headshot
6 minutes ago, Kahuna said:

feel free to use my topic to pass on your warnings

What makes you think this is your topic? Once you post it, it belongs to the forum owner. I will post wherever I want. You need to stop taking things so personally. Just because you post a story doesn't mean that you need to take ownership of it. You didn't write the story. All you did was post it. If you really don't want to see my postings, feel free to ignore them. Then you won't even see my comments.

Edited by Headshot