exchange rate aus to peso

captainpete

captainpete

hi just want to know the exchange rate from the money changers at the moment i can get 40.1 if my friend sends it from austrailia dont want to carry to much cash thanks

shadow
6 minutes ago, captainpete said:

hi just want to know the exchange rate from the money changers at the moment i can get 40.1 if my friend sends it from austrailia dont want to carry to much cash thanks

Yahoo says 40.1741 currently, so your pretty close.

• Like 1
captainpete

is that what i would expect from the street changers thanks

12 minutes ago, shadow said:

Yahoo says 40.1741 currently, so your pretty close.

shadow
1 minute ago, captainpete said:

is that what i would expect from the street changers thanks

I don't deal with street changers, but I would guess a good exchange kiosk would probably give you 40.15 or so.

You stated you don't want to carry much, is a few centavos on a $ difference really worth worrying about?

• Like 1

There is a website from Bloomberg the financial website which lists foreign currencies.  This is not necessarily the rare usedmby kiosks or banks, but it is a good indication of the current rate.

I agree there is littlemgsin to be had by searching around for the best rate.  This may be the case in some city where money changers are everywhere like postcard kiosks. 

I use my bank and they even extend a slightly higher rate to regular clients.  

• Like 1
captainpete
57 minutes ago, shadow said:

I don't deal with street changers, but I would guess a good exchange kiosk would probably give you 40.15 or so.

You stated you don't want to carry much, is a few centavos on a $ difference really worth worrying about?

captainpete

thanks guys was told by people in aus it might be as low as 37 on the street have not been to phils for 7 years 

Headshot
1 hour ago, captainpete said:

thanks guys was told by people in aus it might be as low as 37 on the street have not been to phils for 7 years 

You can usually knock about .1 off of the exchange rate to figure out what the money changers are giving. Of course, some are a little bit more and others a little bit less.

• Thanks 1
captainpete
You can usually knock about .1 off of the exchange rate to figure out what the money changers are giving. Of course, some are a little bit more and others a little bit less.
Thanks mate I'm not woried about small increments you put my mind at rest I'll do a combo

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jim Sibbick

In Cebu City, I use the money changer in Rustans Supermarket in the bottom level of Ayala Mall. They are about the best rate you will get for Aussie dollars. 

I use this site as a guide to the rate. 

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=AUD&To=PHP

Rustans are about .4 or .5 below the rate. 

The rate on www.xe.com at time of posting is 41.32. I would reasonable expect to go into Rustans today and change at about 40.9.

I stay Dowtown on Colon. If Rustans is paying 40.9, then the money changer in Colonnade Mall is paying 40.7. If I have no plan to go to Ayala Mall, I will just cross the road and change at 40.7 as the difference is not often worth thr trip to Ayala Mall. 

My international flights arrive at Terminal 2 in Manila.There are 3 money changers as you exit the international arrivals hall.  The rates there used to be crap but for the last 2 or 3 years, they have had good rates at the money changers. You can change Aussie at a rate similar to the best rates in Cebu City.

• Thanks 1
captainpete
16 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

In Cebu City, I use the money changer in Rustans Supermarket in the bottom level of Ayala Mall. They are about the best rate you will get for Aussie dollars. 

I use this site as a guide to the rate. 

http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=AUD&To=PHP

Rustans are about .4 or .5 below the rate. 

The rate on www.xe.com at time of posting is 41.32. I would reasonable expect to go into Rustans today and change at about 40.9.

I stay Dowtown on Colon. If Rustans is paying 40.9, then the money changer in Colonnade Mall is paying 40.7. If I have no plan to go to Ayala Mall, I will just cross the road and change at 40.7 as the difference is not often worth thr trip to Ayala Mall. 

My international flights arrive at Terminal 2 in Manila.There are 3 money changers as you exit the international arrivals hall.  The rates there used to be crap but for the last 2 or 3 years, they have had good rates at the money changers. You can change Aussie at a rate similar to the best rates in Cebu City.

thanks jim thats some good info not sure where im staying yet somewhere neer a good bar that has some bands that play old music lol

• Like 1