Sign in to follow this  
MaKe

Emails from Forum

MaKe

I am receiving emails like the partial message below from the forum with incorrect information about my visits to the forum.  Granted, I'm not here every day like some, but I do visit when the need arises.  Can someone please explain why this occurs?

We see it has been six months, or longer, since you last visited.  You are missed!

We just wanted to reach out to you and let you know about a few big changes that have taken place with the site. Most importantly the site is now under new management. We are 100% focused on being the best source for information on living in the Philippines. So if you are looking for such information, please join us. 

Dafey

Sorry MaKe...we'll look into it for you.

Just so I am clear, you have been signed in on the Forum within the last 6 months?

Again, sorry. I know the new owner was tracking some IT issues when he purchased the site

Member #1
11 minutes ago, MaKe said:

I am receiving emails like the partial message below from the forum with incorrect information about my visits to the forum.  Granted, I'm not here every day like some, but I do visit when the need arises.  Can someone please explain why this occurs?

We see it has been six months, or longer, since you last visited.  You are missed!

We just wanted to reach out to you and let you know about a few big changes that have taken place with the site. Most importantly the site is now under new management. We are 100% focused on being the best source for information on living in the Philippines. So if you are looking for such information, please join us. 

One email was sent to all members who hadn't logged in within the previous 6 months. We just wanted to invite them back and let them know about the changes happening here. It came to my attention that a lot of members simply left the forum because of decisions made by previous ownership. I haven't received any other complaints about the email campaign. There is an opt-out option at the bottom of the email in compliance with anti spam conventions. 

Are you saying that you are receiving more than one email to the same email address? 

• Like 1

Mr. Mike

Good idea actually.

• Like 1