RogerDuMond

What has it been like where you live in the Philippines?

We are in the middle of the dry season and we have had some rain every day except for 5 days during the last 14 months.

SkyMan

Definitely lots of rain here for months.  I don't keep records but I do have difficulty finding a good day to mow my lawn.  Today wasn't bright sunny but it didn't rain a lot last night and it got warm enough for the grass to dry enough to mow.  My construction in the back yard requires periodic aggregate deliveries and I'm happy to finally have a regular supplier with decent prices and the sense to get here before the rain does.  He knows that if I order but then it starts raining not to bother.  The dump site is down the slope in my backyard and if the grass is wet he can't get back up the hill.  Another option would be for him to get some tires with tread on them but you can't have everything.

• Thanks 1

Yeah.  My Siquijor neighbor was commenting on this yesterday.  My reply was that the rain was much more welcome than the drought we experienced 2 years ago which lasted for 7 months and caused a lot of suffering among farmers who could not plant their crops.  One good thing is that the rain often comes at night and sometimes sporadically during the day.  So far no depressing long spells of rain day and night that last for a week or more. 

• Thanks 1
SkyMan
6 minutes ago, Kreole said:

One good thing is that the rain often comes at night

That is the really awesome part.  I love it when it starts at about 8PM.  I sleep so well to the sound (even roar) of rain on a metal roof.  And as for shutting down the disco or at least drowning it out.....hip hip hooray!!   We've only lost a few half-days of construction and there was a couple full days when that last named storm went through.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Richard K

Here in central Luzon it has been pretty dry... It gets clouded up and looks and feels like it is going to rain but doesn't. In the last 2 months it has only rained 2-3 times and even then not amounting to much.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

What has it been like where you live in the Philippines?

We are in the middle of the dry season and we have had some rain every day except for 5 days during the last 14 months.

Has to be the wettest ever here North of Leyte. Bridges destroyed and landslides. Usually, by Christmas, it's baiting. Many a happy evening spent outside to celebrate.  

• Thanks 1

In western Leyte, it has been raining continuously for weeks, now months.  One sunny day a few weeks back.  I am just now preparing to get out and mow my lawn as it has stopped for a while.  No sun, but rain is ended.

• Thanks 2

Cold, dry, cloudy and very very windy for the last 2 months here near Taal volcano on Luzon. Last three days have been real nice though.

• Thanks 1
BossHog

NE Mindanao. January's the heart of the rainy season here.

Meters and meters of rain. Near constant inundation. 

This is one of the wettest areas of the Philippines and this year has lived up to form.

• Thanks 1
shadow

Nice and sunny here in Valencia, Negros Oriental. Some rain the last week, mostly at night. 

• Thanks 1
to_dave007

Lots of rain here in Tuburan Cebu over last couple months.. But since my brother arrived in 17th it's been almost dry.

Since I put the rainwater tank in, I look differently at the rains when they come to fill up the tank.. 

I'm with Skyman about rain at night.  love it.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
4 hours ago, Jawny said:

In western Leyte, it has been raining continuously for weeks, now months.  One sunny day a few weeks back.  I am just now preparing to get out and mow my lawn as it has stopped for a while.  No sun, but rain is ended.

We're also in W. Leyte, as Jawny said, today is the first sunny day in a long while. I don't need to mow grass but probably will harvest the mushrooms!

BossHog
6 minutes ago, Dafey said:

will harvest the mushrooms!

Every cloud has d'silver lining!

• Administrator
Dafey

I don't know...these shrooms don't smoke right!!! :o

• Haha 1