Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Business cards near Escario / Esmena intersection

lamoe

I proposed a LINC info business card

Anyone had some made near where I live - Winland Towers - near Lex?

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, lamoe said:

@Headshot use to have some, but no idea where they were made. Maybe he even made his own.

to_dave007

Try Clavano printers on Clavano Street, 1 street towards Capital from Juana Osmena..  Pretty close to you.  In fact, the "back gate" to their compound is right across from Winland towers gate.  But you'll need to walk around and use the Clavano entrance.

I never had business cards made , but I did do two jobs of 1000+ sheets 11x17 printing.  I found them to be VERY professional and priced fair.  When I did the job, I had got pricing at several other places, and Clavano was cheaper, and did a good job.  I think they must do a lot of government printing for Capital.

My only concern is that the job you want me be smaller than they will take.

Talk to the (very helpful) ladies in the office there..  If they won't do the job the job at Clavano, they'll likely point you to good place.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

lamoe
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

@Headshot use to have some, but no idea where they were made. Maybe he even made his own.

I did mine when I was job hunting - personnel  cards not that common them

jtmwatchbiz

we have them made by the thousands by a printer pal of our family here in lahug.   however i think it should be cleared with staff as far as design and what is printed on them.  if that is done then we will gladly have them printed up and cover the cost.  there should be no individual personalizing of the cards or personal contact info giving the impression that the person handing them out represents the forum.  they should merely be promotional tools to spread the word of the forum and what free membership and participation offers.  they can also be used to promote businesses to take out banner ads.

• Thanks 1

lamoe
54 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

we have them made by the thousands by a printer pal of our family here in lahug.   however i think it should be cleared with staff as far as design and what is printed on them.  if that is done then we will gladly have them printed up and cover the cost.  there should be no individual personalizing of the cards or personal contact info giving the impression that the person handing them out represents the forum.  they should merely be promotional tools to spread the word of the forum and what free membership and participation offers.  they can also be used to promote businesses to take out banner ads.

Already cleared with new owner - he / she? will have complete design control.

I offered to cover costs but TY

Also proposed  in "methods to increase membership" thread  "A" size placards for friendly food / drink places - with list of places here that have them - member does go there - mention why.

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

jtmwatchbiz

sounds good! :)

lamoe

To make it easy on #1 I suggest several of us design the cards and let him pick what's to be included on final.

The simpler the better

LIVING IN CEBU FORUMS

(Not a dating site)

LINC is a site devoted to those who live here , want to live here, or simply visit.

Members are located in every region of the Philippines  from Babuyan to Samar

A visit to our Home Page  will show you the wealth of information available concerning every aspect of being here.  Apartments / Condos / Houses / Hotels to Visas / Passports to were to eat and vacation.  Have a question? Just ask.

https://www.livingincebuforums.comh

jtmwatchbiz
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

To make it easy on #1 I suggest several of us design the cards and let him pick what's to be included on final.

The simpler the better

LIVING IN CEBU FORUMS

(Not a dating site)

LINC is a site devoted to those who live here , want to live here, or simply visit.

Members are located in every region of the Philippines  from Babuyan to Samar

A visit to our Home Page  will show you the wealth of information available concerning every aspect of being here.  Apartments / Condos / Houses / Hotels to Visas / Passports to were to eat and vacation.  Have a question? Just ask.

https://www.livingincebuforums.comh

looks good but i would suggest getting rid of the "(not a dating site)" as it's too provocative and distracting, and would be self-evident once someone visits the site. 

i would also try not to let the wording suggest the site is overly expat-centric.  sure it's a great site for foreigners but let's not (accidentally) alienate all the Filipinos who would also enjoy the site.  :)

Mikala
48 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

i would also try not to let the wording suggest the site is overly expat-centric.  sure it's a great site for foreigners but let's not (accidentally) alienate all the Filipinos who would also enjoy the site.

Perhaps one side in English and the other in Visayan or Tagalog? :)

• Like 1

Enuff
11 minutes ago, Mikala said:

Perhaps one side in English and the other in Visayan or Tagalog? :)

Agreed, I would also like to suggest a few sections of the forum dedicated to Visayan or Tagalog, perhaps you can moderate?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Headshot
On 1/23/2018 at 1:10 AM, Salty Dog said:

Actually, Paul had them made for anybody on staff who wanted them. They were made in a little print shop upstairs in Mango One (across the street from Mango Square). I carried them in my wallet and gave out a lot of them, but I still have some left.

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
On 1/22/2018 at 10:49 PM, lamoe said:

I still have my own in a cupboard some where. I will probably find them when I move at the end of the year. I know where to find 5 or 6 of them. They are under a cupboard making it sit even. 

I picked mine up at the print shop in One Mango as described by Headshot

Edited by Jim Sibbick
  • Like 1