Proposal for a new Forum

Davaoeno
22 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I don't want to put words in Jawny's mouth but I think he's looking for an obituary forum for general reports of death that may not be headline news such as the most recent case on Bohol.

Great idea ! I can't believe I didnt think of that myself .

I appreciate the interest and comments.  I don’t agree that the offended party should feel the need to come to the forum, become a member  just to correct comments posted.  Especially if it is a grieving individual.  

In many instances here, threads are created and continue for a long while based upon some news report.  It’s very obvious, news reports here are inaccurate as well as badly written.  For crissakes, what is a "deep" investigation?,

The usual pattern is for the thread to die out since the foreigner is dead, the interest is lost and no culprits are apprehended.  Exceptions to this of course.

i just felt the forum management was in the mood for an adjustment and threads about dead foreigners was one I’ve had thoughts about for a long while.

i noticed in the recent thread about the fellow killed while jogging, the latest update by a LinC member had the gratuitous images removed.  Self editing and I appreciate that.  For some, the last image is the most gruesome, and really not necessary to see.  

I have made my case, and not trying to pursue this any further.  Thanks for the comments.

• Thanks 2
oztony
6 hours ago, Jawny said:

I don’t agree that the offended party should feel the need to come to the forum, become a member  just to correct comments posted.  Especially if it is a grieving individual. 

18 hours ago, oztony said:

If they are that intrigued that they Google the matter and end up here they have the ability to announce their presence and relationship to the deceased and set things straight.

Not sure if you are referencing this or not , but I certainly didn't infer that they "need" to come to this forum , my inference was...............well it is clearly stated......

• Like 2