Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

"Methods to implement suggested improvements to site"

Recommended Posts

lamoe

Making a suggestion for improvements / changes to this site is only half the equation, offering a method to make those changes is the other half.

No idea about methods for states - for here

My demographic is that of older foreigners living  here, I do not frequent bars, so any interaction I have to encourage new members is limited to those I meet while Charity and I are out and about.

1. Went to Travellers for lunch - talked to 3 guys there - mentioned LINC..

A quid pro quo arrangement might be possible with the OZboy? owner.

Free advertising here in return for LINC info placard placement there and other places / bars - I'm sure lots of bars are know to members?

2. Not sure of cost of business cards here - I will find out and see about getting some made  with verbiage provided by new owner - to hand out - suggestions on places near Lex  or Colon to get them made?

3. This one is rather lame - attract  more ladies - singles sections - yeah I know dating site stigma - generate more  hits at least

4. Car / van window advertising - signs for members to put in windows with Linc info 

5. Not sure of telephone pole type flyers here and laws - I do see a lot

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes

Most important is ongoing SEO work that could bring in the most new members.

Then everybody from this world who can basic English should feel welcome here.So cut off all USA and military stuff (seriously no offence )and make it a real unconnected Mondial site focused on The Phillipines. Make it more gay and lady friendly. Maybe some flowers images hajaja and pink colors?.

There a lots of other Asians in Phills example Koreans but rarely we see them here while they mostly study English so the language should not be an obstacle.

why are the Philipino locals not joining they are fluent in English and have lots of valuable information to share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
10 hours ago, Flakes said:

Most important is ongoing SEO work that could bring in the most new members.

Then everybody from this world who can basic English should feel welcome here.So cut off all USA and military stuff (seriously no offence )and make it a real unconnected Mondial site focused on The Phillipines. Make it more gay and lady friendly. Maybe some flowers images hajaja and pink colors?.

There a lots of other Asians in Phills example Koreans but rarely we see them here while they mostly study English so the language should not be an obstacle.

why are the Philipino locals not joining they are fluent in English and have lots of valuable information to share.

What is SEO? When using letters is best to include what they stand for at least once.

You asked a question

Why no locals? 

My opinions

FACE - to expose themselves  to any criticism is totally against their culture

Time - Don't have the hours to spend on a site like this - I didn't  when I was working and in a stable relationship

Interest - It's their country - they know everything

Culture - most here share a common heritage / language / ethos that Asians don't

Try Googling and see how many Filipino web sites (other than dating) you find that are not dominated by the same cultures you find here on LINC

 

How to make it more gay and lady friendly? What is your method for the  2nd half of this suggestion?

No offense taken

Is it all military you don't like or just US?

If all military and  US threads are cut off (out) from this site then  it  might ease to exist.

Maybe not, however an ownership philosophy that would exclude others,  simply because they didn't agree with them , would also probably drive away many members

Consider this - you appear to not like  the military or US so want any references banned to suit your sensibilities, while I, who does represent them, say all are welcome to express their opinions as long as they don't infringe on others and would never suggest you be banned / removed / "So cut off " because of them.

 

Back on topic  - more method suggestions anyone?

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes

But of course there are much better ideas to get new nembers to sign up for this site so dont hold back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fred42
10 hours ago, Flakes said:

why are the Philipino locals not joining they are fluent in English and have lots of valuable information to share

Because they say that speakiing or writing in English gives them a "nose bleed"

10 hours ago, Flakes said:

So cut off all USA and military stuff (seriously no offence )

Why not just leave it hidden in the outlaw forums? If you don't like it you wont be able to see it so whats the problem?
Please don`t keep on insisting, or it may well start to become offensive to those that wish to continue to view and comment there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lamoe
2 minutes ago, fred42 said:

Because they say that speakiing or writing in English gives them a "nose bleed"

Why not just leave it hidden in the outlaw forums? If you don't like it you wont be able to see it so whats the problem?
Please don`t keep on insisting, or it may well start to become offensive to those that wish to continue to view and comment there.

Salty's? methods to eliminate any offensive "Unread Content" notifications might be the solution to his and other's consternations over US / Military  content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes
3 minutes ago, lamoe said:

What is SEO? When using letters is best to include what they stand for at least once.

You asked a question

Why no locals? 

My opinions

FACE - to expose themselves  to any criticism is totally against their culture

Time - Don't have the hours to spend on a site like this - I didn't  when I was working and in a stable relationship

Interest - It's their country - they know everything

Culture - most here share a common heritage / language / ethos that Asians don't

Try Googling and see how many Filipino web sites (other than dating) you find that are not dominated by the same cultures you find here on LINC

 

How to make it more gay and lady friendly? What is your method for the  2nd half of this suggestion?

No offense taken

Is it all military you don't like or just US?

If all military and  US threads are cut off (out) from this site then  it  might ease to exist.

Maybe not, however an ownership philosophy that would exclude others,  simply because they didn't agree with them , that would do such, would also probably drive away many members

Consider this - you appear to not like  the military or US so want any references banned to suit your sensibilities, while I, who does represent them, say all are welcome to express their opinions as long as they don't infringe on others and would never suggest you be banned / removed / "So cut off " because of them.

 

Back on topic  - more method suggestions anyone?

Hi SEO is search engine Optimizations it means if done correctly this site gets more freguent pop ups on the first plage of google so it creates more traffic to the site and more traffic and or more google hits could bring in more new members.

i got absolutely nothing against the Military and or the USA but i don't see any advantage having them to be connected with this website.It kinda chases away all the non military and the non USA folks imho.

U are right about the locals we might offend their feelings when we talk about certain topics however i would still be more welcoming them.

About gayfriendly i was joking about more flowers and stuff but gays and women  do deserve to feel more comfortable here.Fyi i'am not a gay but i am open minded to the  gay lesbian transgender community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
broden

i was under the impression that a good 90% of the membership is gay

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Mike

Flakes..".Cut off all USA and military stuff"? No offense my butt.

You are really getting irritating.

The military threads are open to ANY veteran world wide who wishes to share stories, experiences, memorials...sad or humurous, to other vets in any country. It is a brotherhood you obviously have never experienced....leave it alone!

Regarding USA stuff....there are threads for many countries on the forum to allow opinions to be voiced. Why single out the USA stuff?

You have not done your homework researching LinC, and its history. Yet you seem to think you have all to answers as to how to improve this forum. Good for you and your fresh (read neophyte) ideas. I welcome them....just relax a bit.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes

Maybe we need to try it with Phillipino moderators ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maximian
3 minutes ago, broden said:

i was under the impression that a good 90% of the membership is gay

No, just impotent. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes
4 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

Flakes..".Cut off all USA and military stuff"? No offense my butt.

You are really getting irritating.

The military threads are open to ANY veteran world wide who wishes to share stories, experiences, memorials...sad or humurous, to other vets in any country. It is a brotherhood you obviously have never experienced....leave it alone!

Regarding USA stuff....there are threads for many countries on the forum to allow opinions to be voiced. Why single out the USA stuff?

You have not done your homework researching LinC, and its history. Yet you seem to think you have all to answers as to how to improve this forum. Good for you and your fresh (read neophyte) ideas. I welcome them....just relax a bit.

No problem u disagreeing with my ideas thats why u can come up with your own suggestions of how to get more new members here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dafey
20 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

Flakes..".Cut off all USA and military stuff"? No offense my butt.

You are really getting irritating.

The military threads are open to ANY veteran world wide who wishes to share stories, experiences, memorials...sad or humurous, to other vets in any country. It is a brotherhood you obviously have never experienced....leave it alone!

Regarding USA stuff....there are threads for many countries on the forum to allow opinions to be voiced. Why single out the USA stuff?

You have not done your homework researching LinC, and its history. Yet you seem to think you have all to answers as to how to improve this forum. Good for you and your fresh (read neophyte) ideas. I welcome them....just relax a bit.

 

27 minutes ago, Flakes said:

i got absolutely nothing against the Military and or the USA but i don't see any advantage having them to be connected with this website.It kinda chases away all the non military and the non USA folks imho.

So to be clear to everyone, this site is open to everyone. Currently the largest supporters of this site are military and ex-military. so denying them access would be counterproductive.

Now, if posters place their posts in the correct topics, i.e. Military, US Politics, Health, etc. the viewers can choose not to view the topics that they don't find interesting.

The bottom line, there is room for everyone on this Forum and we should respect each others opinions whether we agree with them or not.

Moving forward let's keep it productive and on topic , please.

Edited by Dafey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shadow
9 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Maybe we need to try it with Phillipino moderators ?

Calling them Phillipino is likely to insult them.

The proper spelling of the term you are looking for is "Filipino".

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flakes
2 minutes ago, shadow said:

Calling them Phillipino is likely to insult them.

The proper spelling of the term you are looking for is "Filipino".

They probably understand something is sincere or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..