Sign in to follow this  
Flakes

What site improvements do you want

Flakes
10 minutes ago, Member #1 said:

Oh believe me. There would be far more money in a dating site. A friend of mine started one and sold it years ago. Back then, it produced more in one month than this forum does in 10 years. I am not in this for the money. 

Hmm makes me wonder why did u buy the site?

rep1
1 hour ago, Cgu said:

- Get rid off hidden forums!! All content should be visible. If members need to quarrel - take it off site. If it is of interest to the community then it should be here for everybody - that what a forum is for. No need to put some "block/approval" in between.

BS. Everyone love hidden contents and occasional duels!

You're just being jealous!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RangerUp

If legit suggestions are welcome here, the avatar section is so tall and the post content so thin that you can't even see two posts without needing to scroll:

ba4tQ2c.png

Edited by RangerUp
  • Like 1

to_dave007
15 hours ago, Cgu said:

Get rid off hidden forums!! All content should be visible. If members need to quarrel - take it off site. If it is of interest to the community then it should be here for everybody - that what a forum is for. No need to put some "block/approval" in between

Disagree..  Put MORE of the non-Philippine related content in the hidden forums so that people like me.. who never asked for access..  don't have to be bothered with it.  I would prefer MUCH more focus on Philippines topics.. and less on dissecting all news from the west.  One of the biggest BONUS aspects of living in the Philippines is NOT hearing all that constant CNN and FOX junk news.

So.. for those that DO want all that Non-Philippines stuff.. putting it in hidden forum so that it doesn't take space in the spotlight seems like a good compromise.

When I click UNREAD CONTENT..  I really want to see UNREAD content re Philippines not someone telling me what FOX news or Popular Science story I should have read.

Also.. keep in mind that historically the members at this site have NOT been AT ALL interested in hearing the opinions on NON-Americans on any USA related story. So.. to try to keep the peace, we non-Americans must skip past all the USA related stories, or risk the wrath of the mods.  I would LOVE to see a "Filter out all USA related content" button, so that I don't have to waste so much time slipping over so many subjects again and again. 

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 7

Member #1
8 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Disagree..  Put MORE of the non-Philippine related content in the hidden forums so that people like me.. who never asked for access..  don't have to be bothered with it.  I would prefer MUCH more focus on Philippines topics.. and less on dissecting all news from the west.  One of the biggest BONUS aspects of living in the Philippines is NOT hearing all that constant CNN and FOX junk news.

Most of that stuff should be in what is currently called "Outlaw Forums." Access to those is entirely optional. Simply opt out from them. 

• Like 2

Jess Bartone
10 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

So.. for those that DO want all that Non-Philippines stuff.. putting it in hidden forum so that it doesn't take space in the spotlight seems like a good compromise.

When I click UNREAD CONTENT..  I really want to see UNREAD content re Philippines not someone telling me what FOX news or Popular Science story I should have read.

Also.. keep in mind that historically the members at this site have NOT been AT ALL interested in hearing the opinions on NON-Americans on any USA related story. So.. to try to keep the peace, we non-Americans must skip past all the USA related stories, or risk the wrath of the mods.  I would LOVE to see a "Filter out all USA related content" button, so that I don't have to waste so much time slipping over so many subjects again and again. 

I could not have put it more eloquently.

• Like 2

to_dave007
13 hours ago, Member #1 said:

Most of that stuff should be in what is currently called "Outlaw Forums." Access to those is entirely optional. Simply opt out from them. 

If you check.. you'll see I was never opted IN and have NEVER visited the outlaw forums..  My comment still stands.

Edited by to_dave007

Member #1
1 minute ago, to_dave007 said:

If you check.. you'll see I was never opted IN..  My comment still stands.

Yes I just checked. So where are all of the Fox News articles you are seeing that do not relate to the Philippines? 

• Like 3

Jawny
7 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

I support this sentiment.  I know it is entertaining to have members share their various finds such as a new science discovery or a playlist etc.  As such, it generates clicks which do end up benefiting the owner and in turn  ourselves as members.

However, my main interest in the forum is what it says it is for.  The side topics can be ignored and I have used the selection process to avoid topics which are no interest.

Even so, I still end up having to read through (pass by) the witty comments of members with their inside jokes.

I don’t know any members on a personal face to face basis.  I am fine with that.  So, for me, the interest is in what I can learn or get answers to and share my own experiences.  

For what it’s worth, I don’t read many forums of any type.  As well, where I live the slow internet prevents me from seeing the videos often posted.  

• Like 4

Member #1
28 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

If legit suggestions are welcome here, the avatar section is so tall and the post content so thin that you can't even see two posts without needing to scroll:

Those big donors paid the previous owner significant money for their status as a high end donor. I think it would be an insult to take it away from them. 

• Like 2

to_dave007

Yes I just checked. So where are all of the Fox News articles you are seeing that do not relate to the Philippines? 

Gee member # 1..  I just decreased my estimate of your years of experience by 10 years.

Try this test procedure:

1. Click UNREAD CONTENT

2. Scroll down and click show more.

3. Print the page.

4. Take a red marker and put an X on all NON-Philippines subjects

5. Count them

Edited by to_dave007

Jess Bartone
16 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

.. keep in mind that historically...

3 minutes ago, Member #1 said:

...where are all of the Fox News articles you are seeing that do not relate to the Philippines? 

Member #1
1 minute ago, to_dave007 said:

Gee member # 1..  I just decreased my estimate of your years of experience by 10 years.

Try this test procedure:

1. Click UNREAD CONTENT

2. Scroll down and click show more.

3. Print the page.

4. Take a read market and put an X on all NON-Philippines subjects

5. Count them

Look Im just trying to help here. If you don't want to help me solve your issue than  I need to move onto other issues. As the forum owner I can see all threads, so you really haven't helped me. Non-Philippines stuff should be in either off topic forum or in the politics forum. SO I asked you for examples of these things that you don't want to see. So I can either help you not see them or remove them from the forum all together. 

Sounds like you are upset. You brought up the issue, do you want me to help you or not? 

• Like 1

SkyMan
3 hours ago, Cgu said:

You need moderation, yes - but not hordes of mods!!!

A few mods would be plenty if they were paid and on a clock here 8 hours a day or so.  With volunteers who are here when they are here, you need more.  And really with the number of members we have, it's good to have more eyes.  I believe the rules are going through a revamp and along with that I would suspect a laying down of what crimes suffer what punishments.  As long as we have that and continue to communicate well, the number of mods should really matter.

• Like 1

to_dave007

Look Im just trying to help here. If you don't want to help me solve your issue than  I need to move onto other issues. As the forum owner I can see all threads, so you really haven't helped me. Non-Philippines stuff should be in either off topic forum or in the politics forum. SO I asked you for examples of these things that you don't want to see. So I can either help you not see them or remove them from the forum all together. 

Sounds like you are upset. You brought up the issue, do you want me to help you or not? 

I prefer not getting into a conflict.  Ignore my comment, which was supported 5 times in 15 minutes, if you wish..  Over and out.