Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

LTO 7: 5-yr driver’s license cards now available

GBT62

yep - next to the bus station - total was 852.63 php.   That was for a conversion though - not a renewal

• Thanks 1

bounder

I renewed my license in Dec. 2016 for five years.  Of course, I was handed the piece of paper (OR) and told to come back in July (2017).  I showed up in September (as we know that July would be Filipino date) and they told me to return in January 2018.  SO, I arrive at the local LTO (Himamaylan City) yesterday (Monday) and am told that I had to return on Saturday for my personal (one on one) interview, new photo, and fingerprinting.  I asked why on Saturday.  Seems they got paid overtime for working on Saturdays.  I asked if I would receive my five year license then.....and have yet to understand whether I would or would not.  The excitement of the unknown.  

I read in earlier statements above about having to take a drug test.  The last time I renewed my DL we were not required (at least not here) to do that any longer.  So, did they resume drug testing?  What I am more curious about, if you fail the test, are you then arrested by the PNP or shot by one of them thar non-judicial vigilantes sitting outside the door to the clinic?  I think it would be a great photo opportunity for me. 

Edited by bounder

colemanlee
4 minutes ago, bounder said:

and am told that I had to return on Saturday for my personal (one on one) interview, new photo, and fingerprinting. 

Haha just went through the same thing last Saturday, I have the paper one and the wife was told come Saturday and get the plastic one...guess what, wrong, told us you have to wait until you renew next year and you can just get the plastic one good for five years....have a nice day...

• Haha 1

Woolf

The drug test was stopped 2 years ago, (maybe its is longer)

But for region 7, there was a complaint and a region 7 judge  ordered it continued 

so it is region 7 only that do the drug test, (job security ?????)

bounder
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

so it is region 7 only that do the drug test

I guess it sucks to live in Region 7, huh? 

OR, can you, let's say, get your renewal done in Region 6?  Do you have to get your license in the same region you reside?

Woolf
1 minute ago, bounder said:

I guess it sucks to live in Region 7, huh? 

OR, can you, let's say, get your renewal done in Region 6?  Do you have to get your license in the same region you reside?

I have no idea

The license is now 5 years (I have the 5 year), I have no problem peeing in a bottle once every 5 years, you think I am going to travel to avoid it ????????   answer is NO 

Dafey
1 hour ago, bounder said:

Do you have to get your license in the same region you reside?

No, I got my licence in Palompon, Region 8, while living in Cebu, Region 7. I was told I needed to live in the Philippines a year before I could get one in Cebu but while visiting relatives in Leyte stopped in and had it done there. It did take 6 months for the plastic but...who cares?

• Thanks 2

Oz Jon
On 1/7/2018 at 4:34 PM, GBT62 said:

I can't help but laugh in the end - the pic on the new license is mono and looks like a failed polaroid from the 60's - you can tell it is human is about all :lol:

I suspect that Govt Departments  have special cameras to produce the kind of photos they do.

I usually refer to mine on Aus  drivers licences, etc as a "posthumous" photo  - usually gets a laugh and puts everyone in a good mood! (except those who don't know what "posthumous" means!)

You too? - Google it! - Lol!

Edited by Oz Jon

RogerDat

OK, I was told SM is not issuing plastic, must go to another LTO, in my case south bus terminal, is this correct. i renewed last November. Thanks.

Woolf

Aerosick

Yesterday my wife returned to Carcar to get hers. There was a long line waiting to sign the appt. book. When she got there her date would have been in June.

She told the Guard that she would leave for the USA in April and he took her to an Administrator. After listening to her, he said "Bring in your passport and your airline ticket the week before you leave and we will accommodate you."

Stay tuned, Folks!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

bounder

Has anyone on this forum gone through the interview process (for the 5 year license) and like to share what was asked?  Just curious as my appointment is this coming Saturday (2/10).  Thanks!

RogerDat

What interview process ? The only person who ask anything but standard questions was the doctor at SM. He is over 70, and is quite chatty, and friendly.

• Like 1

bounder

I finally got my plastic DL today.  The highlight was when filling out the biographical information, it asked for my eye color.  Well, the only options were brown, black, or grey.  Since my eyes are blue, I wrote on the line my  correct eye color.  When the examiner was transferring the data from the bio sheet, she noticed I had handwritten blue in the eye color.  She smiled and told me that was not an option.  "You can choose brown, black, or grey for eye colors only."  I showed her my deep blue eyes and her matter of fact reply was, "Grey it is."    A new experience everyday in the RP.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Woolf

Same here, now my license says 

eye color: OTHER

• Like 1