Sign in to follow this  
Woolf

LTO 7: 5-yr driver’s license cards now available

Woolf

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2018/01/04/lto-7-5-yr-drivers-license-cards-now-available-582304

LTO 7: 5-yr driver’s license cards now available 

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

PRESIDENTIAL Assistant for the Visayas Michael Lloyd Dino and Rep. Raymond Calderon (Cebu Province, seventh district) yesterday got their driver’s licenses, which are valid for five years, from the Land Transportation Office (LTO)-Central Visayas. It took them only about five minutes each. Provincial Board Member Christopher Baricuatro was also issued his five-year driver’s license, a transaction that required only five minutes from encoding to the printing of the card. The three government officials were among the first batch of those who got their driver’s licenses, which the LTO-Central Visayas started printing and distributing yesterday. Dino and Calderon said that the process is fast and easy. LTO 7 Director Alita Pulga said that issuance of the five-year license cards will cover transactions from Nov. 2, 2016 up to the present. The issuance of such licenses will be fully operational today, she said. Pulga said that there are eight LTO offices in Central Visayas that would issue driver’s license cards. These are Cebu City Licensing Office, Lapu-Lapu City Extension Office, Danao City District Office, Talisay City Extension Office, Carcar City District Office, Toledo City District Office, Bayawan City District Office and Driver’s License Renewal Office (DLRO) at the Robinson’s Store in Dumaguete City. Pulga said that the schedules of license cards releasing are from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedules The LTO will be open on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but this is only to cater to the backlog. All those who have renewed their driver’s license and have their official receipts from Nov. 2, 2016 up to the present can transact with LTO on Saturdays. The license-holder must present his/her driver’s license and official receipt of the driver’s license transaction. The LTO 7 said among the information that will be included in the license card are the driver’s blood type, and his/her emergency contact person, address and contact number. The agency said that PLDT and Globe Telecom assured that it will install internet connectiones in the other LTO offices so that it can start releasing the license cards to its clients. (EOB)

• Thanks 1

liquido
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Assistant for the Visayas Michael Lloyd Dino and Rep. Raymond Calderon (Cebu Province, seventh district) yesterday got their driver’s licenses, which are valid for five years, from the Land Transportation Office (LTO)-Central Visayas. It took them only about five minutes each. Provincial Board Member Christopher Baricuatro was also issued his five-year driver’s license, a transaction that required only five minutes from encoding to the printing of the card

My license expires this February..Im all excited now cause it only will take me 5 mins to get it......

Woolf
1 minute ago, liquido said:

My license expires this February..Im all excited now cause it only will take me 5 mins to get it......

I think you got that wrong

this is about people that already renewed their license, but did not get the plastic

liquido

Oh...here I thought it was a good [email protected]

• Like 2

SkyMan
17 minutes ago, liquido said:

Are you a Presidential Assistant or Representative?

1 hour ago, Woolf said:

issuance of the five-year license cards will cover transactions from Nov. 2, 2016 up to the present.

What about me?  My 5 year OR is from March of 2016.

Woolf
33 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Are you a Presidential Assistant or Representative?

What about me?  My 5 year OR is from March of 2016.

I think that you are in bad luck

As far as I remember, you paid the same as for a 3 year license

the fee for the 5 year license is higher

I paid 752.63 PHP when I renewed dec 15, 2016, not including pee test and medical

SkyMan
7 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I think that you are in bad luck

As far as I remember, you paid the same as for a 3 year license

the fee for the 5 year license is higher

I paid 752.63 PHP when I renewed dec 15, 2016, not including pee test and medical

Maybe, the OR is good until 2021 and the plastic is good until 2019.  They told me their machine wasn't capable of printing 2021 yet on the plastic.  So they told me I could come back in 19 and get a new plastic and there would be no fee.  I figure I'll go on the plastic to 19, then laminate the OR and use that to 21.  Then I'll take the OR in just before it expires and say they never gave me a plastic.

tonny

OK Guys here is the true be-live it or not,I read it the freeman sitting in Joli bee this morning that the 5 yr lic is being given out at certain LTO;  offices and SM is not one of them so i go to the LTO office next door to South Station .Get there about 7 45 AM  walk in like i am a dump American  ,no other white guys around .Said to the guard senior sir he points to a line i go there all young guys i say sorry sir senior he says give me your papers.Sir no papers he says go out the door ,and go next door get drug test,go there say senior again they take me from the back of the line take my current drivers lic that is to expire in Feb. say fill out this paper ,done go to CR with this bottle fill it up ,done, fill out more papers,oops and pay the first person 450 P and a 20 peso tip.Told her to buy some candy on her break. When i am done with those papers.Also tet ok,The first lady says go next door again give them your papers say your senior. OK go there there at least a hundred guys all around this one man behind a counter  at lot shouting and shoving.Since i am taller than all the crowd i can still see the guy holler sir i am senior he says give me your papers again..I do so he staple them all together even my old lic and a orange pc of paper that says senior take in side to window 2 or 3 he says. The lady say fill out these papers i act dump and old she say SIR come in the office and sit down ,do you need a pen SIR ,no Mama have one fill it out the best i can she says don't worry about the rest she gives them to the next lady who gives to the cashier.Sir go there out side and sit the will call your name ,sure enough 5min my name called the lady says 600 +Pesos or maybe a little more but give her a thousand and got i know 300 plus back.Sit sir and wait they call ur name sit 7 min app, go to the releasing window the guys takes my picture and finger prints all ten,has me answer some of the questions i did not answer on the papers like color of my hair which is real shot now with number one blade at the barber ,So my hair end up blue and eyes gray. Sit down and wait again . Talk to a Filipino man there he said he was there to pick up his lic in plastic that was done six months ago.I told i am sure they just give me a paper one today then he says for sure 10 min later they call my name again here sir, sign again your lic sir and it Plastic wow how can a guy go wrong so i am playing the 49 lottery tonight.   I am at Ayala mall before (9.10 AM)two days of great luck WOW!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

samatm

THATs Great NEWS. I  hve been using my "Temporary"  OR  license for nearly two years.     My OR is dated 02/04/2016    and set to expire on my Birthday  04/06/2020...which is over 4 years but  short of 5 years by 10 months.   I was late in renewing back in 2016 hence the shorter term on my OR (i guess) 

v

Edited by samatm

Woolf
19 hours ago, Woolf said:

the above is including a change of record (address change) 100 php

the normal renew fee is 652.63 PHP for the 5 year license

Janneo

I spent a lovely 10 hours at LTO yesterday for a conversion. Still needs to go back for a few more hours because i never got to the last window, yay.

They blamed bad internet connection for the delays. 

I along with 50-60 others did get our OR's when they closed for the day though. At least I can drive around legally from now on. No more worrying about pnp checkpoints.

maximian
1 hour ago, Janneo said:

I spent a lovely 10 hours at LTO yesterday for a conversion. Still needs to go back for a few more hours because i never got to the last window, yay.

They blamed bad internet connection for the delays. 

I along with 50-60 others did get our OR's when they closed for the day though. At least I can drive around legally from now on. No more worrying about pnp checkpoints.

You should have taken your local congressman. The whole process would have taken 10 minutes max!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Janneo
6 hours ago, maximian said:

You should have taken your local congressman. The whole process would have taken 10 minutes max!  

Spending 10 minutes with a politician, or wait 10 hours. I think i made the right choice.

• Haha 4

GBT62

Yeah - I did the 10-hour-hour-wait-express-license-deal on Thursday also. Wish I was a senior now.

I made the mistake of buying a car before the Jan 1st excise rate hike so I thought I better get a local license - bad timing I guess.

Seriously, what a totally messed up illogical process to do a conversion. Fill out the same details 3 times on the same or different forms and sit and wait hours for your number of name called. The guy outside the door does a check to see you have everything - as is then done with every one along the process. With 2 to 3 hours wait between each checking.  The same process in AU is done in less than an hour by ONE person (and there's a bank of them - just go to the next counter when your number is called). Some states even do 90% of it online - all you need to do is get your reference number and go pick it up ...

They were asking people if they wanted to come back tomorrow - as if - after 5 or 6 hours you want to do the same the next day :huh:

Yeah I know - I should be happy it wasn't the 2 days-return-visit standard like the DFA office in Manila was for document certification - that's my favourite so far :)

I can't help but laugh in the end - the pic on the new license is mono and looks like a failed polaroid from the 60's - you can tell it is human is about all :lol:

Woolf

@GBT62

What office did you go to ?

the main one at next to the south bus station ?

How much did you pay for the license ( not including pee &medical)

what is the amount on the LTO receipt ?