Wrongful Arrest of Belgian?

Tullioz
2 hours ago, wondersailor said:

The situation started because he was a westerner and stood out. Were he pinoy I doubt the police would ever have even approached him. Now, realizing they screwed up, changed the charge to save face. 

Actually it was because he raised several red flags.

He was at the terminal the day before with the same group of children and teenagers and left when he noticed people looking at them. He returned the next day and when questioned couldn't give a valid reason why he was traveling with four unrelated children. Yes, he was also traveling with two teenage girls aged 18 and 19 that we know were the aunts, but a 60 year old man providing financial help to a family in a developing country for several years and traveling with a group of unrelated children and teens fits the profile of a child trafficker/abuser and he needed to be detained. 

Almost every child predator is well known and trusted by the family of the victim, so when you read a news report like this and the person they accuse is defended by family members as being extremely generous, helpful, and kind; rather than taking their reputation at face value based on those claims and jumping to the conclusion that the accused couldn’t possibly be guilty, it's better to be skeptical and question their motives. 

Child predators often plan and groom families and friends of the victim for years before making any sexual contact with the child. They also often target families who are disadvantaged and in need of assistance and work very hard at building trust among family members. 

When he was questioned and it was found that he had no relationship to any of those in his company, even the young adults, and then it was found he was helping the family financially over a period of years despite not being in a relationship with the mother of some of the children in his company, that sounds like he is grooming the family in an attempt to abuse their child or children. 

That's why this man was arrested under RA 7610. 

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• Davaoeno

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will still be some (one) here explaining how the handling of this case was/is competent and justified. And how his jail time is justified. There shouild be arrests at the child services organiza

I propose that person should be the one under arrest.....

As I said before, the way I see it, this man seems to genuinely love the family and the children. To start questioning why isn't he married and make a judgement with this as a criteria of his guilt or

Posted Images

Tullioz
1 minute ago, RangerUp said:

Wrongly arrested, get it right.

That's your opinion, but under RA 7610, it was a legitimate arrest.  We have no idea what this man's true intentions were. he may be innocent, but it s equally as possible he is not. 

• Thanks 3
Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, RangerUp said:

Same thing could be said about you, you're not really making any points here.

Tuillioz said "  he may be innocent but its equally as possible he is not ".

to which you  are now seemingly  accusing Tullioz of a crime . Just what crime are you accusing Tullioz of ?

If you said that to me I would guaranteed show you a crime - that of defamation !!   If you want to go around accusing people of criminal activity you had better learn about the laws here - because even if what you say is true that is no defence ! 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

That's your opinion, but under RA 7610, it was a legitimate arrest.  We have no idea what this man's true intentions were. he may be innocent, but it s equally as possible he is not. 

I think if he was guilty then the family and kids would already be trying to extort money from him while he was in custody. 

Canuck Joe
16 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

True

On 1/5/2018 at 9:44 AM, Davaoeno said:

If I was unjustly accused of child trafficking, or of being a pedophile , or something similar, and I had a chance to escape a 3rd world country knowing that there was not enough evidence for my home country to extradite me - I would be gone instantly !

But I accept that some people would rather die  [ or be imprisoned long term in that 3rd world country]  rather than to have  anyone think that they might be guilty of such things.  

It appears you really have figured this one out.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

d6255859_32238-Beating-Dead-Horse-gif-7zfM.gif

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3