Wrongful Arrest of Belgian?

contraman
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

Argumentative nonsense Tony.  Police arrest people in Oz too..  without knowing for sure if they are innocent or guilty until the legal wheels turn.  

Not if you are Black :(  :idontknow

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• Davaoeno

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will still be some (one) here explaining how the handling of this case was/is competent and justified. And how his jail time is justified. There shouild be arrests at the child services organiza

I propose that person should be the one under arrest.....

As I said before, the way I see it, this man seems to genuinely love the family and the children. To start questioning why isn't he married and make a judgement with this as a criteria of his guilt or

Posted Images

Tullioz
1 minute ago, oztony said:

But hang on , you just said...... "How do you coming to the conclusion that those arrested are innocent?" 

So you , given by reasoning of both of your comments , believe innocent people should be arrested ....

I believe people suspected of breaking the law should be arrested. The man in this case is innocent in the eyes of the law unless it is proven otherwise in court. He still has to go through the motions just like anyone else arrested for committing a crime whether he is guilty or not. Being arrested has nothing to do with innocence or guilt and sometimes innocent people get arrested and detained for crimes they are not guilty of committing. 

oztony
1 minute ago, Tullioz said:

The man has not been found guilty of anything yet. Personally I think he had an unhealthy relationship with the three year old child based on what he shares on Facebook. Whether or not his relationship violated any laws is still to be determined. 

Well that I will not dispute , but what I will dispute is the necessity to arrest him 

8 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Argumentative nonsense Tony.  Police arrest people in Oz too..  without knowing for sure if they are innocent or guilty until the legal wheels turn.  

But they have the probable cause down pat a bit better ...not just "we are driving by , look there is a whiteman with children , oh forget the 19 year old aunts in company as well"

Bit of perspective amigo on the brain power making these assumptions .............

oztony
8 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

I believe people suspected of breaking the law should be arrested.

This is where it falls apart , to be "detained " for a minimal amount of time is fair enough ...but your thought process leans toward guilty until you prove yourself innocent...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
lamoe
6 hours ago, oztony said:

I propose that person should be the one under arrest.....

6 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Premonition.  

Premonition of a promotion

• Like 1
Tullioz
28 minutes ago, oztony said:

This is where it falls apart , to be "detained " for a minimal amount of time is fair enough ...but your thought process leans toward guilty until you prove yourself innocent...

If you get arrested in the US on a Friday afternoon or evening, especially in a small town, regardless of guilt or innocence, chances are you will have to wait until the following Monday to have a bond hearing. If there is a holiday, it will be the following business day at the earliest.

Even taking the holiday's into consideration, this man's case moved forward fairly quick. 

"Two days after his arrest, the initial trafficking charge against the Belgian was dropped by a judge, only to be replaced with an accusation of child abuse, which Mr Van Den Broek and the family also deny. Bail has been set at 120,000 pesos."

He was posting on Facebook on the 25th of December, and resumed on the 31st, so he was arrested, charged, and released on bond in a matter of a few days. 

His court date is set for February 3rd, so unlike many believe, you will not rot in jail for years waiting for your day in court if arrested under RA 7610. Child abuse cases are always given priority and must be tried in the shortest time possible. 

acu0.jpg.d5c8085560c6b473e6fd7774c26833a9.jpg

Edited by Tullioz
oztony
9 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

If you get arrested in the US on a Friday afternoon or evening, especially in a small town, regardless of guilt or innocence, chances are you will have to wait until the following Monday to have a bond hearing. If there is a holiday, it will be the following business day at the earliest.

Even taking the holiday's into consideration, this man's case moved forward fairly quick. 

He was posting on Facebook on the 25th of December, and resumed on the 31st, so he was arrested, charged, and released on bond in a matter of a few days. 

So a presumed innocent person is locked up for a week and that is OK with you ....what a disgrace , my freedom is worth infinity per day ...whats yours worth .. ?

• Like 4
Tullioz
16 minutes ago, oztony said:

So a presumed innocent person is locked up for a week and that is OK with you ....what a disgrace , my freedom is worth infinity per day ...whats yours worth .. ?

It wasn't a week, and innocent people who find themselves getting arrested sometimes have to remain in custody a few days before they are able to post bail in western countries too. If they don't have money to post bail, sometimes they have to wait until their court date to get out of jail.  It's not exclusive to the Philippines.

• Thanks 1
oztony
7 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

It wasn't a week, and innocent people who find themselves getting arrested sometimes have to remain in custody a few days before they are able to post bail in western countries too. If they don't have money to post bail, sometimes they have to wait until their court date to get out of jail.  It's not exclusive to the Philippines.

You did not answer my question ,...what is your freedom worth ...especially if you are innocent..

Do you have any compassion at all for people falsely accused or do you just live in the world of "oh Well"...

Edited by oztony
  • Like 4
Kreole

I would like to know how many cases  perpetrated by IACAT  are evidence supported.  I remember a post from about 2 years ago where IACAT was involved in another setup but never heard of the outcome.  The Belgian would be smart to leave the country asap and never return.  The cases where the authorities had been tracking the suspect for some time seem more credible because there was an actual ongoing investigation.  

And the fact that the children were in the company of 2 Filipino adults (18 and above) should have been sufficient to drop all charges, but, by the sequence of events (substituting one charge with another) indicates intent on the part of the authorities to drag this out in whatever direction that most assures a conviction.  One alarming thing is the prevention of the children from returning to their homes.  It is common knowledge that if you interrogate a child long enough they will say anything, where the interrogators ask "leading" questions and tell the children they can go home IF they answer "correctly".

In addition, nothing is said about doing a search of his residence or turning up other incriminating evidence like photos, so the whole case rests on the assumption that the foreigner was abusing or intended to abuse the children.  I wonder if we will ever hear the outcome of this case if it is dismissed due to lack of credible evidence..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Tullioz
5 minutes ago, oztony said:

You did not answer my question ,...what is your freedom worth ...especially if you are innocent..

There can be no price put on freedom especially if a person has been wrongfully accused.  I have found myself behind bars on more than one occasion in my lifetime and know how it feels to have freedom taken away. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Thanks 4
HeyMike

The guy sounds like a right nice guy. He has a good attitude about the situation also. Too bad the "losing face" mentality has kicked in. Seems to me he has done nothing wrong and is a big help to the family. I sure hope he is innocent of all the charges and nothing hiding in his closet.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Tullioz said:

It's my understanding that the police can only hold you for 24 hours..."with no evidence" of breaking a law. Of course that's in the US. In the Belgian's case it was stated they had no evidence that a law had been broke.

• Like 2
Davaoeno
50 minutes ago, Dafey said:

it was stated they had no evidence that a law had been broke.

sometimes it takes awhile to plant some evidence     to find all the evidence .

• Like 5
  • Haha 4