Wrongful Arrest of Belgian?

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Salty Dog said:

I still can't tell from the OP what is actual fact and just what a family member claims.

Sounds like the whole family.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tullioz

• oztony

• Davaoeno

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will still be some (one) here explaining how the handling of this case was/is competent and justified. And how his jail time is justified. There shouild be arrests at the child services organiza

I propose that person should be the one under arrest.....

As I said before, the way I see it, this man seems to genuinely love the family and the children. To start questioning why isn't he married and make a judgement with this as a criteria of his guilt or

Posted Images

Headshot
2 hours ago, oztony said:

I propose that person should be the one under arrest.....

I showed my disgust with IACAT when this story first came to light. IACAT is just an extension of ECPAT, if you know what that is (and the law that mandated that IACAT be formed was pushed by them). ECPAT is basically just an organization dedicated to demonizing all western men who visit or live in SEA countries. After all, we know that if they are here, they must be up to no good. ECPAT's overhead is huge (very high staff salaries), and they seldom actually spend money on the things their fundraisers promote (like helping children). There is good money to be made if you do battle with the wicked foreigners (whether they are actually wicked or not). It appears that IACAT follows their pattern perfectly.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Administrator
Dafey
3 hours ago, RangerUp said:

The real question is will he live long enough to get that bail money returned to him.

If it was me I'd take the first horse out of Dodge and forfeit the money. I wouldn't "hope" that someone would do the "right thing" here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
oztony
20 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I showed my disgust with IACAT when this story first came to light. IACAT is just an extension of ECPAT, if you know what that is (and the law that mandated that IACAT be formed was pushed by them). ECPAT is basically just an organization dedicated to demonizing all western men who visit or live in SEA countries. After all, we know that if they are here, they must be up to no good. ECPAT's overhead is huge (very high staff salaries), and they seldom actually spend money on the things their fundraisers promote (like helping children). There is good money to be made if you do battle with the wicked foreigners (whether they are actually wicked or not). It appears that IACAT follows their pattern perfectly.

Thanks for that information Bill , it coupled with known recent events would indicate that it is time for an investigative look into these organisations that opposed to what they purportedly do ...to what they are really up to ....if they are run from funding and fundraisers... Maybe they are doing more damage than good , and being funded to do so , their performance level should be analysed as far as professional conduct is concerned along with their salaries and the true motive of operandi behind their existence ... jail terms should be imposed on anyone who causes the detention of innocent people ...other than that ..I guess they will just never get it right ...

Edited by oztony
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
liquido
13 minutes ago, Dafey said:

If it was me I'd take the first horse out of Dodge and forfeit the money. I wouldn't "hope" that someone would do the "right thing" here.

Im sure they pulled his passport or immigration has a hold on him...

• Like 2
shadow
4 minutes ago, liquido said:

Im sure they pulled his passport or immigration has a hold on him...

Ok then, take the first fishing boat out of Palawan!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Ok then, take the first fishing boat out of Palawan!

But if he did,  won't everyone ( including here on this forum ) say he must be guilty,  because he skipped the country ?, but if he stays,  who knows how it would turn out..  ?

• Like 2
Tullioz
2 hours ago, oztony said:

Maybe they are doing more damage than good , and being funded to do so , their performance level should be analysed as far as professional conduct is concerned along with their salaries and the true motive of operandi behind their existence ...

They are doing far more good than harm. 

The Philippines is the first country in Southeast Asia with a Tier 1 ranking, which means the country fully complies with minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking under the US Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000.

In 2010, there was a 79 percent decrease in the availability of children for commercial sex in Metro Cebu in just four years since 2006. This shift has been attributed to formation and preservation of interagency partnerships and collaborations.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2016/07/30/1608166/philippines-successful-vs-trafficking

When more than 90% of the individuals being arrested in this country for child abuse and trafficking are Filipinos. It would be hard to come to the conclusion that they are specifically targeting foreigners based on that.  Do foreigners come under more scrutiny than Filipinos? Probably so since trafficking is an international problem and there is a long history of foreigners visiting developing countries to exploit minors. As far as arrests go though, it seems that they are being fair in their investigations. 

Edited by Tullioz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
oztony
3 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

As far as arrests go though, it seems that they are being fair in their investigations. 

Examples please .... because in this case , with what we have been presented it appears that the formula on this is very faulty ....what is acceptable to you Joseph , 1 innocent to 10 guilty to suffer this rule ,

That means 10% are detained and ridiculed when it is not justified .....thoughts ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Tullioz
2 minutes ago, oztony said:

Examples please .... because in this case , with what we have been presented it appears that the formula on this is very faulty ....what is acceptable to you Joseph , 1 innocent to 10 guilty to suffer this rule ,

That means 10% are detained and ridiculed when it is not justified .....thoughts ?

How do you coming to the conclusion that those arrested are innocent? 

• Like 2
oztony
4 minutes ago, Tullioz said:

How do you coming to the conclusion that those arrested are innocent? 

So you are implying ...that even before a trial that the Belgian guy is guilty....that is an atrocious way of viewing things ....thoughts...?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Tullioz
1 minute ago, oztony said:

So you are implying ...that even before a trial that the Belgian guy is guilty....that is an atrocious way of viewing things ....thoughts...?

I have no way of knowing if he's guilty or not. 

oztony
1 minute ago, Tullioz said:

I have no way of knowing if he's guilty or not. 

But hang on , you just said...... "How do you coming to the conclusion that those arrested are innocent?" 

So you , given by reasoning of both of your comments , believe innocent people should be arrested ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Tullioz
Just now, RangerUp said:

ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat, it's a civilized society thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

The man has not been found guilty of anything yet. Personally I think he had an unhealthy relationship with the three year old child based on what he shares on Facebook. Whether or not his relationship violated any laws is still to be determined. 

• Like 1
to_dave007
13 hours ago, oztony said:

But hang on , you just said...... "How do you coming to the conclusion that those arrested are innocent?" 

So you , given by reasoning of both of your comments , believe innocent people should be arrested ....

Argumentative nonsense Tony.  Police arrest people in Oz too..  without knowing for sure if they are innocent or guilty until the legal wheels turn.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2