Sign in to follow this  
rep1

Air filters

rep1

Need a new air filter/purifier brand that is available locally. Odor removal and no touch control or wifi would be great.

Have been a Honeywell customer for many years. Opened the new pre-filter today - smells like a huge bucket of thick plastic glue!

Location of manufacturing has also been changed from Mexico to China this time. Previously the odor removal prefilters just had uneven white dots that would fall off, now it's actually adding odor to my room, which smells like shit now.

I know they're the choice of medical facilities but no more. Need a replacement and also a recommendation for my new home.

Flakes

Hepa air filters purifiers seem the most used ones.

Let me know if u can find a locally based seller.

rep1

The one I have in taiwan is HEPA. VOC removal requires different type of filters and mine is definitely not working.

EDIT: or maybe it does?? the glue smell is gone now after max power without the stinky prefilter. anyway will not buy from them again.

Edited by rep1

Goetz1965

Can you give some Links and specs pls too ?
I consider getting one even the air here in Apas-Lahug is way better than in downtown Inayawan.

rep1
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Can you give some Links and specs pls too ?
I consider getting one even the air here in Apas-Lahug is way better than in downtown Inayawan.

This is the smelly pre-filter: HRF-APP1 they have secretly changed the model to HRF-APP1AP, and add new material too (with glue, must be the stinky part).

I use their old type machine, like this, model number is 17000, 18000, etc, depending on size:

Spoiler

Honeywell_17000_S_QuietCare_Permanent_Tr

It's basically a fan wrapped by a HEAP filter, then by active-carbon prefilter or the odor-removing prefilter.

I didn't see this one in Rustans or Metro. Maybe the new model which is standing and slim.

I don't know what's being sold or more popular here. Supply of prefilter is important it only lasts 3-6 months.

Edited by rep1

Goetz1965

The week before christmas I saw some Units of AirFilters on sale in Ayala - christmas discount sahe - but I forgot to take pictures.

I wonder wouldnt it work to just buy a Aircon 1 number bigger than necessary and put that filter in the airflow ?
As the Aircon usually runs for hours that would be a good solution .

• Thanks 1

RogerDat

Put cheap filter before expensive one might work. I am building a clean room for my electric train so will be looking into this.

• Like 1

cvgtpc1

Got a new HVAC system installed in the US, installer recommended only use the cheapest filters you can get.

lamoe
1 hour ago, cvgtpc1 said:

Got a new HVAC system installed in the US, installer recommended only use the cheapest filters you can get.

True in the US  - followed same advice  - 24" x 20" x 4" size - if specs (HEPA - rating) the same

Here cheapest and actually meeting any specs are not mutually inclusive.