sugbu777

Bitter cold freezes parts of Niagara Falls

RickyL

Bitter Cold? I live 6 hours north of Niagara falls, its twice as cold up here.

Headshot

All the picture shows is the spray being frozen. The falls itself is flowing just fine. It would have to be really damn cold to actually freeze the falls (and the river I would presume). Has it ever happened? I don't miss freezing temperatures at all.

lamoe
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

All the picture shows is the spray being frozen. The falls itself is flowing just fine. It would have to be really damn cold to actually freeze the falls (and the river I would presume). Has it ever happened? I don't miss freezing temperatures at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572681/Niagara-Falls-comes-frozen-halt-AGAIN-subfreezing-temperatures-freeze-millions-gallons-water-normally-flow-Falls.html

https://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/niagarafalls.asp

• Thanks 1

Mr. Mike

Let's not be too picky Headshot...let's just roll with the headlines...hey?

Headshot
33 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

Let's not be too picky Headshot...let's just roll with the headlines...hey?

You mistake curious for picky...

Mr. Mike

Okay...let's not be too curious...let's roll with the headlines...anyway:lol:

sugbu777
4 hours ago, RickyL said:

Bitter Cold? I live 6 hours north of Niagara falls, its twice as cold up here.

That's true...its crazy cold up in Canada right now. I live in Guam...anything below 70 degrees F with wind blowing requires a jacket. :P

Edited by sugbu777

sugbu777
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Has it ever happened?

I believe once in the 1840's, but it was because the river further upstream froze, not the falls itself.

the.lone.gunman

IMG_0811.thumb.JPG.e8e056f6c316c84a26fd753c86bffe0b.JPG

the.lone.gunman

A period of very cold wind chills is expected. Very cold Arctic air and winds reaching up to 10 km/h will lead to wind chill values exceeding minus 50 tonight and Sunday morning. The Fort Nelson and Muncho Lake regions will see windchills near minus 45 tonight and Sunday morning. ### Extreme cold puts everyone at risk. Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #BCStorm in British Columbia and #YKStorm in Yukon.

• Thanks 1

sugbu777
7 minutes ago, the.lone.gunman said:

IMG_0811.thumb.JPG.e8e056f6c316c84a26fd753c86bffe0b.JPG

Sheesh. Nice city, Montreal, though. First time  I went there I was fourteen. Went to Expo and then later to Terre des Hommes. I like Quebec Province. Been there several times in my adult life. Planning to go to Ste Anne de Beaupre next summer with my sister.

Edited by sugbu777
  • Like 1

the.lone.gunman
43 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

Sheesh. Nice city, Montreal, though. First time  I went there I was fourteen. Went to Expo and then later to Terre des Hommes. I like Quebec Province. Been there several times in my adult life. Planning to go to Ste Anne de Beaupre next summer with my sister.

I went to Expo 67 too. Hitch hiked from Vancouver, i had the clothes on my back, 8 bucks, a pack of smokes, and a tooth brush.? I had a good time.

Edited by the.lone.gunman