Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

13A Visa ?

JohnSurrey

Is there a thread on here about this type of visa - current requirements and fees etc?

Jawny

There is a recent thread with a topic "iCard versus SRRV". Or similar.  As well, the topic of 13a comes up many times in the forum for passports visas and such.

I had the impression the BI posted requirements on their website.  As well, some consulates may do the same.

There is a difference if the visa is applied for from outside the P.I.  I have a 13a and did it from outside the P.I.  From posts here, the process is more complex when done in country.

• Like 1

jimyati

Im looking, too.  Theres a subforum on that but its been dormant for three years.  Specifically, I married a Filipina, and waiting for my ACR.  Anybody have any recent experience gettring a 13a within the Philippines?  Is bank deposit necesssary?  Does it bypass the PRA?

Jawny

The topic is quite often discussed, so digging into the archives may be of use.  

The BI website as well as consulates will give general information and forms to use.  My own experience was long ago, so I can’t offer much assistance aside from encouragement.

However, I do know the PRA is not included in the process for a 13a visa.  That is, the 13a visa is applied for through the BI.  The PRA is an agency that offers a visa package for foreigners but does not require marriage as does a 13a visa.  

As far as bank accounts, the BI is looking for evidence the applicant can support himself and family.  Hence, income evidence is part of the documentation.  There are other requirements such as police check, marriage contract etc. 

Headshot

No bank deposit is necessary for a 13A visa. It is administered by Immigration, NOT by PRA (I'm not sure that is an advantage). The prices may have changed in the last three years, but I doubt the requirements have changed. Change comes very slowly here.

jimyati

Thank you.  The PRA site makes no mention of married applicants or otherwise.  My hearing is Tuesdayt for ACR-I Resident.  Should I expect any surprises?

BTW, PhilHealth told me I need a PRA to enrol.   Can I get PhilHealth with jjust a 13a?

Edited by jimyati

Bama

I'm going through this process now (it has been well over a year so far) so just make sure that you have your paperwork in order.The local BI where I live won't see anyone who is dressed in shorts/flipflops.

We were told by Phil Health that a ACR would allow us to enroll.

Davaoeno

I'm pretty sure that Phil Health said ACR and not PRA

The PRA site makes lots of mention about married applicants and their dependants.

Jawny
17 minutes ago, jimyati said:

Thank you.  The PRA site makes no mention of married applicants or otherwise.  My hearing is Tuesdayt for ACR-I Resident.  Should I expect any surprises?

BTW, PhilHealth told me I need a PRA to enrol.   Can I get PhilHealth with jjust a 13a?

What sort of hearing are you expecting to have?  If you’ve already applied for a 13a visa, this may be an interview for that process.  You may be using the term "ACR -I" thinking it refers to a specific visa status.  There are a wide variety of ACR cards and this is discussed a lot in LinC.

The PRA is interested in retirees, but more correctly, investors.  It is set up to assist foreigners settle here and have visa free travel and other benefits.  A 13a visa, issued by the BI is just one of many visas which have conditions to be met....l.such as marriage to a Philippine citizen.  

Bama
24 minutes ago, Jawny said:

The PRA is interested in retirees, but more correctly, investors.  It is set up to assist foreigners settle here and have visa free travel and other benefits.  A 13a visa, issued by the BI is just one of many visas which have conditions to be met....l.such as marriage to a Philippine citizen.  

I was kinda confused also where jimyati was going with this.

There is a chance that BI will be closed Tuesday.I say this as the local post office was closed the day after Xmas even though the postal website stated that all PO's would be open.

Edited by Bama
update material

bkkmarlowe
3 hours ago, Bama said:

We were told by Phil Health that a ACR would allow us to enroll.

Yes, expats here in the Phils can join Phil Health. But if I remember it correctly, starting last July 2017, Phil Health increased the foreigner membership fee to 17 thousand pesos a year? There were some LinC topics on this a while back... and Phil Health can give you an update.

• Like 1

SkyMan

Easiest and cheapest:  You'll need an NSO MC, order a few copies.  While you're waiting for them, pick out a nice Philippine Embassy or Consulate you'd like to visit.  Maybe Hong Kong.  Contact them and find out their requirements.  You may need some kind of police clearance from your home country.  Get those things together and take a trip to that country to get teh 13A.  Don't do it here.

Woolf

from Philhealth

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/news/2017/expands_coverage.html

PhilHealth Expands Coverage to Foreign NationalsJune 7, 2017

STARTING July 1, 2017, foreign nationals and former Filipino citizens who have chosen to retire in the Philippines may avail themselves of social health insurance benefits.

Under a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2015 between the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) and the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA), qualified foreign retirees who are registered with the PRA or former Filipinos may enrol under the Informal Economy member category to gain access to medical care services in the country.

The MoU aims to further strengthen the collaboration between the two government agencies to promote the country as a retirement haven for qualified foreigners.

Interested foreign retirees in the country may submit the properly filled out PhilHealth Member Registration Form for Foreign Nationals to the PRA Head Office in Makati City or to any of its satellite offices nationwide. Requirements for their enrolment are Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV) and a granted permanent residency status pursuant to Section 9 (d) of Executive Order No. 1037. The PRA will facilitate their enrolment into the National Health Insurance Program (NHIP).

Citizens of other countries residing or working in the Philippines with a valid Alien Certificate of Registration Identity Card (ACR I-Card) issued by the Bureau of Immigration may submit their PMRF for Foreign Nationals to the nearest Local Health Insurance Office (LHIO).

All member-foreign nationals and their qualified dependents shall be entitled to inpatient and outpatient benefits and other special benefit packages through any of the PhilHealth-accredited health care institutions nationwide. Excluded from their entitlements, however, are the Z Benefit packages, reimbursement for all confinements abroad and benefits for women about to give birth (WATGB).

The annual premium contribution rate for PRA foreign retirees is P15,000.00, while that of other foreign citizens is P17,000.00. They may pay for their premium contributions either quarterly, semi-annually or annually. (Dahlia D. Benedicto)

(Reference: Dr. Israel Francis A. Pargas, Head Executive Assistant and Concurrent OIC-Vice President for Corporate Affairs Group, Tel. 0917-8089399)

jimyati

I picked up my ACR-Tourist card last week, and my NBI certificate.  While there, I filled out the forms for the ACR-Resident card, and was given an appointment  for an interview for 10 am Jan 3 (I mispoke when I said Tuesday).  I also went to PhilHealth in Consolacion mall, and told the woman I had my ACR-tourist card.  She said I was eligible for PhyilHealth, and would need photos, applicatin,  ACR, and PRA certificate, that's all.  She wrote the address on a card, PRA, Club Ultima Tower, Osmena.  Shed knew we were married, we asked if we could be on the same membership.  Nobody at BI has yet asked for any financial documents.  We submitted the necessary forms, they accepted them and told us to report for an interview.

jimyati

The arfticle that Woolf posted refers lpecifically to an agreement between PRA and PhilHealth.  It is PRA I am hoping to bypass, for obvious reasons.

As there are "a lot of " different visas, does anyone know of any more suitable for me than 13a?  I just want to live here with my Filipina wife.  What I had hoped to find here was someone who had recently jumped  through these hoops and could warn me of  pitfalls.

Edited by jimyati