Ever wonder what drives people to leave the "land of the free"?

shadow

Richard K
5 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

^^^^^

Not my quote. That was someone else's statement.

It was not you I quoted....Or at least I didn't mean to...was at angbum...sorry..

Edited by Richard K
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard K

• sugbu777

• niceguycebu

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....my sister just said " I am offended" ... rolled over and went back to sleep....just sayin.

Many Filipinos, and others (American included), cannot fathom why someone would want to leave the "land of milk and honey". Well, I will tell you one main reason I will never return, freedom, or rathe

My wife and I had been planning to retire here, and in 2008 we saw an opportunity to retire at age 50 to move here with my wife and son. So we packed everything we could stuff in 43 BB boxes and moved

Posted Images

sugbu777

hmmm....that's what it shows...ok no biggie...probably a forum mess up

10 minutes ago, Richard K said:
1 hour ago, sugbu777 said:

take a months worth of beta blockers and ace inhibiters at one time and settle down for long nap.

would that do it?

Edited by sugbu777
Richard K
Just now, sugbu777 said:

hmmm....that's what it shows

yeah my bad...sorry

sugbu777
1 minute ago, Richard K said:

yeah my bad...sorry

its all good

Richard K

Over all I am pretty happy here. I have no plans to live again in the USA.. I have made my funeral arraignments here.
In the USA it is widely thought, in the medical world, that there is no reason for anyone to suffer pain as they are getting ready to pass. Given all of the pain drugs available. Unfortunately here in the Philippines that is not the case and dying in pain is the accepted norm.
Seems it would be prudent to have a viable alternative...

• Like 3
Headshot

I firmly believe that if you aren't happy in your home country, then you probably won't be truly happy in the Philippines either (and visa versa). Happiness isn't dependent on where you live. It isn't something you find. It is something you take with you. Happiness is something that is internal to a person, and they carry their happiness (or unhappiness) around with them. It is your own attitudes and insecurities that shape your level of happiness, and while people and events around you can influence your attitude and insecurities, it is eventually you that determines how that affects you. People tend to draw like people and settings toward themselves. Therefore, if you don't like the people or places you find yourself with, then you really need to take a long look in the mirror to figure out what it is about you that puts you with those people and places.

• Like 3