Ever wonder what drives people to leave the "land of the free"?

shadow

Richard K
7 minutes ago, niceguycebu said:

.  It's difficult to discertain from other expats here, but you're living there now, so you're the gospel. 

hahaha... ... good luck there bro... ahh sorry... that is the funniest shit I saw all day...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard K

• sugbu777

• niceguycebu

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.....my sister just said " I am offended" ... rolled over and went back to sleep....just sayin.

Many Filipinos, and others (American included), cannot fathom why someone would want to leave the "land of milk and honey". Well, I will tell you one main reason I will never return, freedom, or rathe

My wife and I had been planning to retire here, and in 2008 we saw an opportunity to retire at age 50 to move here with my wife and son. So we packed everything we could stuff in 43 BB boxes and moved

Posted Images

niceguycebu
2 minutes ago, Richard K said:

hahaha... ... good luck there bro... ahh sorry... that is the funniest shit I saw all day...

Committed expats will never give you the real story....and even most bloggers will admittedly bullshit you for online revenue.  Honestly, most expats here are delusional....most Filipinos are also.  That's how you survive.   

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Richard K
1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Snide is not how I would describe your posts. However- if I described them honestly I would be banned instantly !! 

Knock your self out... I have no problem... what I post is my OPINION... you can sit back and make small single minded and 2 sentence digs all you like with not a single back up.. kind of like what is commonly called a "troll"... but... not my prob dude... I care about as much what you... or anyone else thinks actually about as much as I do as I do about the 2" roach I flushed this morning with my morning turd.. think what you like.. as will I....I just happen to be able to say beyond a single thought or sentence or two... you on the other hand seem to be fairly limited...  sorry... not my fault or my problem  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Richard K
44 minutes ago, niceguycebu said:

Committed expats will never give you the real story....and even most bloggers will admittedly bullshit you for online revenue.  Honestly, most expats here are delusional....most Filipinos are also.  That's how you survive.   

Wrong... blogs and  "feel good"  brochure type shit will not tell you real.. without question..  two week travel expeditions to the Philippines will only give you a ":vacationer" idea off of youtube..
On the other hand... "committed"  expats here ... (as you say)... WILL tell you.. altho we all have different.. right?
A bunch of the guys here have been here long time... or been here and left for their own reasons 
You might want to listen.....might not be what you want to hear... but it is worth listening to... before you come here.
Worked for me...

3 minutes ago, oztony said:

Snide posting styles ....long winded posting styles ....seem to all be leading to OFF topic posting styles ....find the pave way gentlemen , before you get lost in the bush...

Dont tempt me I am operating on a hair trigger tonight...

go for it... i can keep up..
What's the prob of my posting bro?

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, shadow said:

What has become of the USA? Where is the freedom? Is common sense and decency so lacking in society,

It's the same everywhere - just different ;)     Pick your poison.

• Like 2
shadow
1 hour ago, ex231 said:

It's the same everywhere - just different ;)     Pick your poison.

Unfortunately you are right. As with most everything though, the Philippines seems to be 40 years behind the times, but coming up fast.

• Like 1
sugbu777

You gotta take the good and the bad no matter where you decide to "hang your hat".  

• Like 3
USMC-Retired

The laws are not more out of control than 30 years ago.  The issue is how easy it is to gain access wants and warrants.  They attach that info to your registration and DL.  So when you are pulled over if you have a national, state, county, city want/warrant it us instantly flagged.  

Then the system is stacked against individuals who can not pay.

Let me explain.  

1. You get a ticket for speeding $200 (did not show in court)

2. A. You get a failure to appear $350.00

B. Surcharge for processing $100.00

C. State revokes your license $80.00 

Then a warrant is issued for your arrest.   Now you get pulled over, you now get a Driving while License Invalid sent to county jail.   That normally has a $500 bond.  Plus you will spend 12 days in jail to sit your previous tickets you did not pay.  You still need to pay the state to reinstate to your license.  Do not do this step the cycle continues.  Do you think any tells them this?  You still have a class B misdemeanor charge you have to go court for.  

The computer age has made this all to easy and there is very little oversight.  

• Like 2
Soupeod
14 hours ago, Paul said:

I don't want to be put in a home for the aged, if I live long enough. I want family to take care of me until I die. 

The same Paul

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, USMC-Retired said:

The laws are not more out of control than 30 years ago.

Civil Asset forfeiture laws were not around 30 years ago. Cops are stopping people and taking things from citizens. Police were formerly known as "Peace Officers", they are now "law enforcement". It is all about bringing in revenue as most municipalities are in need of all the money they can get. 

Having had multi-family rental property for many years, I have had many encounters with police. Some were pleasant, others were not. I've seen a policeman throw a woman on the pavement, injuring her, cuffing her and taking her to jail. Police have taken property that did not belong to them. 

Police shootings of unarmed citizens has become common. 

I know that not all cops are not bad but there are enough bad ones and the "good ones" never stand up to these guys. They always protect one another first, government second and civilians lastly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
USMC-Retired
1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Its cause and effect.  You have people taking pot shots at officers.  Armed civilians that are not law abiding.  

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Police have taken property that did not belong to them. 

Harder these days with Body cams becoming the norms and the public allowed to obtain such videos. 

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

Civil Asset forfeiture laws were not around 30 years ago.

This has been around for a 100 years at least.  Technology has made the public more aware of it.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Daddy said:

People violently resisting arrest (armed and unarmed ) has become even more common as has the proliferation of unlawful pistols.

"The police acted stupidly" sure didn't help did it?

50 years ago - the use of firearms in a gangfight was unheard of now Chicago has how many shootings on a typ Saturday night and 4 / 5 times that on a holiday?

Edited by lamoe
BossHog

42 minutes ago, lamoe said:

50 years ago - the use of firearms in a gangfight was unheard of now Chicago has how many shootings on a typ Saturday night

Ever heard of a guy called Al Capone?

images.jpg.484004a2c26452380eb1cda38fd89532.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Haha 4
9 minutes ago, BossHog said:

Ever heard of a guy called Al Capone?

images.jpg.484004a2c26452380eb1cda38fd89532.jpg

More than 50 years ago and as part of organized crime -  :tongue_01:

"2016 ends with 762 homicides; 2017 opens with fatal Uptown gunfight"

"In January 1929 there were 26 killings. Forty-two people were killed in Chicago last month, the most in January since 2002, and far worse than the city's most notorious crime era at the end of the Roaring Twenties. "

The point is America is becoming less and less civil , polite, respectful on all levels up to and including gov.

• Like 1
Mr. Mike

There is still lots of respect and civility in the South...go Dixie!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2