Sign in to follow this  
Soupeod

Filipina Girlfriend Has a U.S. Green Card

Headshot
22 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Work visa?  Student visa?

She was there on a fiance visa. They told her there are only three ways out of it. She either marries the sponsor of the visa, she goes home without getting married, or she claims abuse and files for asylum. Shadow knows about this, and I trust him, but US Immigration told her otherwise.

Edited by Headshot

shadow
24 minutes ago, Headshot said:

but US Immigration told her otherwise.

That does not surprise me, they constantly seem to mislead people, even on the most basic of issues. For instance, look how the US Embassy tries to convince Filipinos to apply for tourist visas, by publishing data that does not show the true picture. It is this way across the board, and across the water. 

They truth is, she probably could have stayed had the right sequence of events been taken, they just did not want them to know that.

RedRanger
15 hours ago, USMC-Retired said:

Which is an exception not the norm.  As some will wait 20 days for an appointment following St Luke's.  My IR1 was completed in about the same time frame.  

It was the norm when I did my last one. Some cats were getting approved in 7 days if they submitted their paperwork to the California Service Center.  Couple years ago California Service Center was stupid fast,  I was not lucky and since I was in Texas I had to submit to Texas Service Center, if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 1

RedRanger
14 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Last? How many have you done? 

I have 3 approved I-129F approved Visa Application all for chicks from PHilippines.

I have done two K1 interviews at USEM, and the third one I didn't proceed with the Interivew in Manila after approval.

• Thanks 1

shadow
35 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

It was the norm when I did my last one. Some cats were getting approved in 7 days if they submitted their paperwork to the California Service Center.  Couple years ago California Service Center was stupid fast,  I was not lucky and since I was in Texas I had to submit to Texas Service Center, if I remember correctly.

For the last decade or so, all K1s are submitted to the Texas drop box, then they are forwarded to a service center for processing. This alone takes 7 days. I have never heard of a 7 day approval, ever. Usually it is 7-10 days to get the receipt. Also, to file 3 K1s, one must apply for a waiver as per the IMBRA law requirements.

The IMBRA law went into effect in 2005, so I would assume your cases were ancient.

Edited by shadow

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, shadow said:

...Couple years ago California Service Center was stupid fast...

Well now they are taking a year and a half to process a simple I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Someone has been saying it's because all their time is being spent on a flood of DACA applications. It seems, once again that illegal immigrants get priority over legal ones. 

• Like 1

shadow
1 minute ago, Salty Dog said:

Well now they are taking a year and a half to process a simple I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. Someone has been saying it's because all their time is being spent on a flood of DACA applications. It seems, once again that illegal immigrants get priority over legal ones. 

At present they are still losing ground on K1s and I-130s. Right now the are processing k1s filed in June. A few weeks ago their site showed California was processing I-130s filed on Feb 2, 2017,... now it shows they are processing Sept 2 of 2016.

They call this "retrogression", and we have had a few fall into this trap over the years, Smokey's daughter, for one.

Salty Dog
1 minute ago, shadow said:

At present they are still losing ground on K1s and I-130s. Right now the are processing k1s filed in June. A few weeks ago their site showed California was processing I-130s filed on Feb 2, 2017,... now it shows they are processing Sept 2 of 2016.

They call this "retrogression", and we have had a few fall into this trap over the years, Smokey's daughter, for one.

My wife's I-751 was submitted in Sept 2016. The automatic one year extension expired in Nov 2017. Already had to get an Infopass appointment to get another extension, this time in her Passport, to October 2018. 

• Like 1

RedRanger
22 minutes ago, shadow said:

For the last decade or so, all K1s are submitted to the Texas drop box, then they are forwarded to a service center for processing. This alone takes 7 days. I have never heard of a 7 day approval, ever. Usually it is 7-10 days to get the receipt. Also, to file 3 K1s, one must apply for a waiver as per the IMBRA law requirements.

The IMBRA law went into effect in 2005, so I would assume your cases were ancient.

I am talking about after being received by USCIS and getting a NOA.  

First K1 was in 2008, second one 2102, last one 2014.   Only had to do a waiver on the last one

RedRanger
35 minutes ago, shadow said:

The are all submitted to Looserville Texas and then sent to the processing department based upon what state you live in.

I am from Texas so my first one went to Vermont vs California, it took about 60 days of approval.   My second one I have forgotten but it seems like Vermont and California were the service centers.  Now my last one I am pretty sure once received at Looserville addresss it was either forwarded to Texas Service Center or California Service Center.

First one took 60 days approval,  Second one was like 200 plus day approval, Last one was quick.

shadow
24 minutes ago, RedRanger said:

The are all submitted to Looserville Texas and then sent to the processing department based upon what state you live in.

I am from Texas so my first one went to Vermont vs California, it took about 60 days of approval.   My second one I have forgotten but it seems like Vermont and California were the service centers.  Now my last one I am pretty sure once received at Looserville addresss it was either forwarded to Texas Service Center or California Service Center.

First one took 60 days approval,  Second one was like 200 plus day approval, Last one was quick.

Most all are being processed by California or Texas now. Hopefully they will open some of the other service centers soon. They usually do when they  start getting backed up.