rep1

TV Shows/Series

Goetz1965

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Is now running its 7th Season. 

Goetz1965

I stopped watching Resurrection Ertugrul after 17 episodes. Its quite nice at the start but in the long run its too shallow. I mean the story is nice but its always the same, instead of having the plt filmed in 60+ (!) episodes each season they really should have cut a lot out. And also some things are quite stupid, like in episode 17 the Sultan of Aleppo is introduced to the bad guy. He doesnt know that guy but if counselour (who works with the bad guy) is introduced as a well known and reliable trader who wants the monopol for trading in the whole region.
So the counselour introduces this "trader", and the sultan just asks "Di you trust him", on which the counselour says "yes sure" and the Sultan answers "If you trust him I will too. You now can do all the trade in the region alone".
So they hanlde all this political play in just 1 minute... Too shallow

If you like a bit SF and weird storytelling but with a deep humour than I stell recommend Future Man. 4 Seasons with weird humour but overall very nicly acted and the story itself isn't weird in itself, just the humour...

His dark Materialshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/His_Dark_Materials_(TV_series)
Very nice 1st season so far

The dark Crystal - Age of residence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Crystal:_Age_of_Resistance
Maybe you have watched the movie The dark crystal, but its not necessary for the series. The series is a fantastic spin off and I really look forward to a 2nd season

Godlesshttps://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godless_(Fernsehserie)
Thats a real nice miniseries for the Western fans

The Kominsky Methodhttps://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kominsky_Method
2 Seasons with very funny and brilliant Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin

mikecon3

Just finished Season 1 of "Dead to Me". Wasn't sure I'd like it since my kids recommended it! Good show, funny, lots of twists and turns.

image.thumb.png.584c3306f32e6d6993ec8f340240ba0c.png

• Thanks 1

Goetz1965

White lines - 20 years after he disapperead the body of a famous Ibiza DJ washes up in the desert. 
Now his sister goes on to solve the murder...
Watched episode 1 and its not really a deep story. It has the usual DJ, drugs, music and sex - so I read in wikipedia that in episode 10 the murder is solved. Thus I will dkip episodes 2 to 9 ha ha ha

Space Force - yeah I binge watched 1-5 and 6 to 10 and it is really great. The humour is adult and bad, and not that nerd college type. It's really a brilliant look on a bizarr world that happens that way every day, maybe not that bizarr but whoever worked in a military or governemnt or private company can surly rely...

• Thanks 1

mikecon3

Season 2 of "The Umbrella Academy" is scheduled to start July 31 on Netflix. Pretty good for a super hero show.

image.png.2dd43dfe900d262438a39c22c8873c4b.png

• Thanks 1

Salty Dog

Even though I've been at home most of the time this past few months. There still isn't enough the time to checkout many of the new shows just on Netflix...

Headshot
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Even though I've been at home most of the time this past few months. There still isn't enough the time to checkout many of the new shows just on Netflix...

Yeah, being on staff does have its drawbacks. Luckily, you are well compensated for your time.  :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha 3

jtmwatchbiz
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Yeah, being on staff does have its drawbacks

Yea well those days are gone for you.    

SkyMan

2nd season of The Alienist starting.  1st season was pretty good.  Timeframe is late 1800s NYC.  Today you'd call an alienist a shrink.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan
On 7/26/2020 at 7:41 PM, SkyMan said:

Today you'd call an alienist a shrink.

Or perhaps profiler would be a better term.

I gotta say, TV really sucks right now.  Few new shows being produced and even if there were a lot it wouldn't matter.  We're using a lot more of our (130GB/month) bandwidth allowance.  I can only download a dozen or so episodes of whatever per month given all the fb, yt, facetime, zoom, and other video we watch to stay entertained at this time.  Just ventin'.......

Ozepete

We have been watching the series 'Designated Survivor' again.. Still a good watch. 

• Thanks 1

enoonmai

Watched 2 good ones recently.

"The Last Dance" on Netflix is a 6 episode series building up to Michael Jordan's last season. Very well done, a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Forgot how good he was.

"Ripper Street" also Netflix; 5 seasons, loosely based on a real detective who worked the Ripper murders in late 19th century. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1