Marriage Certificate

Paul
Representative.....

Does this mean I can have the CENOMAR delivered to the house of a friend in Manila and pick it up when I arrive?

Yes. In fact, as long as anyone locally has all the information to be given to the operator on the phone, they may ring the NSO direct, give the information to the person, get the number from that person, and go pay for the CENOMAR at Union Bank.or Banco de Oro, and then:

i suggest u get the CENOMAR online and pay at the bank,they'll deliver it right at ur doorsteps on the nxt 3days.

As Stephanie stated, it will be delivered to the address given to the operator, typically in three business days.

You need to go to the National Statistics Office website, for more information.

Here is more information for you: NSO Civil Registry

NOTE: Have someone pay locally for the documents, because it will be much more expensive if you pay for them outside the country, via credit / Debit card.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ckfm

• jdwanderer

• Mailman

• Penguin

jdwanderer

Unfortunately, I thought it would avoid hassle to just pay online, so I did and have received confirmation that my CENOMAR is good to go and is just waiting to be delivered, but I'm worrying cuz I haven't gotten confirmation on my fiances. Not worrying that he's married, just worrying that they won't deliver it in time... maybe cuz he's native and there aren't as many records on natives...? eh, IDK, I can't figure out why else mine is ready for delivery but his isn't? :P Surely he's not the first Mangyan to marry an American :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I thought it would avoid hassle to just pay online, so I did and have received confirmation that my CENOMAR is good to go and is just waiting to be delivered, but I'm worrying cuz I haven't gotten confirmation on my fiances. Not worrying that he's married, just worrying that they won't deliver it in time... maybe cuz he's native and there aren't as many records on natives...? eh, IDK, I can't figure out why else mine is ready for delivery but his isn't? :P Surely he's not the first Mangyan to marry an American :lol:

Hmmm, honestly, I don't quite understand why your fiance is not going to the NSO in Manila (or wherever) and get both of your CENOMAR personally. He will get both the next day and doesn't need any paperwork in order to get yours, I know for sure.

Paying by credit card probably made things worse I think, both expensive and unreliable.

shadow

Guys, whether or not he will need a CENOMAR will be dependent on WHERE they must obtain the marriage license. I know that a certain Local Civil Registrar (LCR) in Cebu is requiring this, but most are still NOT requiring a CENOMAR for the foriegn national.

Ask at the LCR where they must obtain marriage license what THEY require.

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
Guys, whether or not he will need a CENOMAR will be dependent on WHERE they must obtain the marriage license. I know that a certain Local Civil Registrar (LCR) in Cebu is requiring this, but most are still NOT requiring a CENOMAR for the foriegn national.

Ask at the LCR where they must obtain marriage license what THEY require.

Larry in Dumaguete

What's the big deal? It's 200 pesos and if her (it's a woman, the American) fiance gets his than he can get both at the same time.

This easy task seems so endless and difficult. like a movie were they can do and try whatever they can but never succeed.

jdwanderer, why does your fiance not find out what is going on. Much easier than doing all that stuff from the US. I he busy or working or not able to?

Looks like you have to do all the work, my wife just mentioned that you look cute and shouldn't hurry with a fiance who doesn't seem to be able to do the simplest task (her words, not mine).

/

jdwanderer

Ummmmm... no, it's not that he can't do it... but that we live so far away it's kinda not worth him going all the way to Manila to apply for it, finding a place to stay until it's ready to go in a week, and then going home and then coming back when I fly in. But anyhow, I got the notice that they're both dispatched, so...sigh of relief. B)

... but that we live so far away it's kinda not worth him going all the way to Manila

Hey girl, if he loves you, he will walk to the moon.

Don't treat him with soft gloves, you have to let him prove your love to you, and that includes stuff like that. Be tough, test his love. Seriously, take a sharp look at your relationship if stuff like that creates bumps in the road. Don't pressure yourself about time (and money etc.) invested. If any doubt, get out.

It may be unusual but you have the same playing field as we (men) do.

kar wren

.......................YEAH! Go Girl! Go Woman! (Hurray!) :rolleyes:

jdwanderer

I'm the one that thought it would be a pain to go all the way there. It's not like we live in a town...way far out... I won't say how far because people will realize how crazy I am! :P

If I'd have asked him to do it though, he would've done it without question, and I have no doubts of that. I'd rather him save the money for later and the trip time for finishing up our new house... Make sense? I'm not gonna just ask him to do stuff the hard way when there are easier ways, and then judge his love for me by whether or not he jumps on the idea. Not even dedicated American men would be excited about the idea of doing it all when there's a much easier way. The way I look at it, if I had an American fiance and we needed some paper work in Denver (4-5 drive) but could order it online and have it delivered to my house, he'd be like, just order it. No biggy. So what's with the looking for ways to doubt my filipino fiance's love by him not traveling 16 or so hours when I can order it easily? :D I don't have to make life complicated do I?

So there! :lol:

I'm the one that thought it would be a pain to go all the way there. It's not like we live in a town...way far out... I won't say how far because people will realize how crazy I am! :P

If I'd have asked him to do it though, he would've done it without question, and I have no doubts of that. I'd rather him save the money for later and the trip time for finishing up our new house... Make sense? I'm not gonna just ask him to do stuff the hard way when there are easier ways, and then judge his love for me by whether or not he jumps on the idea. Not even dedicated American men would be excited about the idea of doing it all when there's a much easier way. The way I look at it, if I had an American fiance and we needed some paper work in Denver (4-5 drive) but could order it online and have it delivered to my house, he'd be like, just order it. No biggy. So what's with the looking for ways to doubt my filipino fiance's love by him not traveling 16 or so hours when I can order it easily? :D I don't have to make life complicated do I?

So there! :o

Ahh, let him travel there next time. You will save 2,000 pesos or so and make him feel good. Don't be protective about him. Let him do his stand too.

/