Sign in to follow this  
smokey

I CARD. VS. SRRV

smokey

seems with an i card a srrv is lame idea i heard even unmarried can get an i card? So how does the retirement visa benefit over the i card? Is the only bennie with the srrv less trips to bi?

Woolf

A tourist that have been in philippines more than 59 days since last entry, is issued an ACR-I card (well have to pay for it)

the tourist ACR-I is valid for 1 year

so yes an unmarried can have an ACR-I card

Edited by Woolf

sugbu777

For us, Balikbayan entry privilege works best. If they get rid of that, then will look into other options. 

bkkmarlowe
7 hours ago, smokey said:

Is the only bennie with the srrv less trips to bi?

I have the SRRV membership.  I never have to visit Immigration, never need exit clearance, and never have any hassle with airport check-in for boarding flights to the Phils, no onward ticket needed... not a bad deal for US $10 per year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
8 hours ago, smokey said:

seems with an i card a srrv is lame idea i heard even unmarried can get an i card? So how does the retirement visa benefit over the i card? Is the only bennie with the srrv less trips to bi?

The SRRV allows all its foreign retiree-members to retire and live in the Philippines for as long as they want.  An SRRV holder may come in and out of the country as often as he desires, and enjoy privileges such as exemption from securing the ACR I-Card (Alien Certificate of Registration Immigration Card) from the Bureau of Immigration; exemption from paying the travel tax at the Philippine Airports; and exemption from getting a Study Permit or Student’s Visa for their dependent-children who intends to pursue education in the Philippines.  PRA retiree-members may also use health cards issued abroad in Philippine hospitals/clinics accredited by selected health card companies.  They may also avail of the one time tax-free importation of household goods/personal effects; and many more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Rocketman

There was a cost of about $1400 u.s. for the SRRV when I got it in 2012 but that was offset by the tax-free entry of my household goods.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Semper paratus
54 minutes ago, bkkmarlowe said:

I have the SRRV membership.  I never have to visit Immigration, never need exit clearance, and never have any hassle with airport check-in for boarding flights to the Phils, no onward ticket needed... not a bad deal for US $10 per year.

You lost me on the $10.00 per year. What is that for and who do you pay and where ? Are you on a Veterans SRRV ? What was the total cost ? It's sounding tempting to ditch my 13A  and go for the Veterans SRRV to avoid annual visits to the Dumaguete office and the dreaded every 5 year visit to Cebu. The last time to Cebu immigration was a nightmare to say the least.  Thanks for any info from you and anyone that has an Veterans SRRV. I read about it on the BI website a few years ago, perhaps things are better now ?

bkkmarlowe
1 minute ago, Semper paratus said:

Are you on a Veterans SRRV ?

I have never heard of a "veterans SRRV" here in the Phils... and to my knowledge, I dont think there is such a visa. If you are interested in finding out more about the SRRV, your best move would be to  contact the Philippine Retirement Authority. If you are in Cebu City the PRA office is upstairs at the Fuente Towers, just near Robinsons on Osmena Blvd -Jones Ave.  They will advise you on the latest requirements to get this visa.

SkyMan
37 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

You lost me on the $10.00 per year. What is that for and who do you pay and where ? Are you on a Veterans SRRV ? What was the total cost ? It's sounding tempting to ditch my 13A  and go for the Veterans SRRV to avoid annual visits to the Dumaguete office and the dreaded every 5 year visit to Cebu. The last time to Cebu immigration was a nightmare to say the least.  Thanks for any info from you and anyone that has an Veterans SRRV. I read about it on the BI website a few years ago, perhaps things are better now ?

The $10/yr goes to the PRA instead of the p310/yr to the BI.  If you already have a 13A you're better off just maintaining that rather than paying the upfront costs of the SRRV unless you plan to leave the PI often.  I think even the vets SRRV costs you something like $3K up front.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program

Edited by SkyMan
  • Thanks 1

Davaoeno
40 minutes ago, bkkmarlowe said:

I have never heard of a "veterans SRRV"

It is a Courtesy SRRV that is available to Retired Veterans of some countries [ the US being one such country ]. The details are easy to Google.

17 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I think even the vets SRRV costs you something like $3K up front.

$1500 usd

• Thanks 1

Semper paratus
53 minutes ago, bkkmarlowe said:

I have never heard of a "veterans SRRV" here in the Phils... and to my knowledge, I dont think there is such a visa. If you are interested in finding out more about the SRRV, your best move would be to  contact the Philippine Retirement Authority. If you are in Cebu City the PRA office is upstairs at the Fuente Towers, just near Robinsons on Osmena Blvd -Jones Ave.  They will advise you on the latest requirements to get this visa.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/69414-srrv-now-available-to-us-military-members-50-and-over/

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

$1500 usd

For the deposit, right?  And then another $1400 for the app?

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

For the deposit, right?  And then another $1400 for the app?

Yes !

Which is way better than the $20,000 deposit and $1400 application fee that I had to pay !!

Edited by Davaoeno

SkyMan
36 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I think even the vets SRRV costs you something like $3K up front.

2 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Yes !