Hello

Hi, My name is Bob. I am married to a beautiful, intellegent, feisty Filippina. We have 6 children, my 2 and her 4. 2 boys live in P.I. one boy in Phoenix, AZ. , and 3 girls who live with us here in OH. We have been married for 1 1/2 years. We are going to move to Cebu sometime within the next 6 months at least that is the plan. I have been to Cebu on 2 occasions, and love it there. We are planning to move somewhere close to the Guadalupe area, hopefully we can find a house that we can rent with an option to buy. I am disabled, my wife works in E Commerse. Our oldest daughter is planning on attending Cebu Doctor's University there, and the younger 2 are planning to attend a local school. Our youngest is 12 and a Kano like me, she is kind of apprehensive about the schools, and how she will fit in. I am sure to have some questions about VISAs and things I haven't even thought of yet. We are busy trying to sell things here and get everything prepared for the move. I am pleased to meet with you all, and thank you in advance for your helpful insights. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I will do whatever I can to help out others as well.

Bob

thebob

Hi Bob

I appreciate the big move you are making. Cebu is a wonderful place to live, and hope you all find it as enjoyable here as I do.

Look forward to meeting you sometime.

Bob.

Call you local Philippine consulate and ask about the 13(a) permanent resident visa (based on your marriage to a Philippine citizen). It's pretty easy to get one. If you are a permanent resident you can stay in the Philippines as long as you want.

Or if you and your wife don't mind leaving the country each year, you can come here together as balikbayan. It's free, but you can only stay one year and have to make a trip out of the country but you can come right back.

Edited by M.Morey
Thank you for making me welcome. I am looking forward to meeting you in Cebu. Meantime I am taking some good advice and renewing my 12 yr. old's passport, and when it returns, I will apply for the 13-A for us. I suppose We will have to apply for one each. The people from Pittsburgh, hey, we go to shop there on the strip every couple monthes or so it seems to be one of the only places around here to buy some of the foods my wife likes to prepare. Again, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advice.

Bob

:lol:

Hi, My name is Bob. I am married to a beautiful, intellegent, feisty Filippina. We have 6 children, my 2 and her 4. 2 boys live in P.I. one boy in Phoenix, AZ. , and 3 girls who live with us here in OH. We have been married for 1 1/2 years. We are going to move to Cebu sometime within the next 6 months at least that is the plan. I have been to Cebu on 2 occasions, and love it there. We are planning to move somewhere close to the Guadalupe area, hopefully we can find a house that we can rent with an option to buy. I am disabled, my wife works in E Commerse. Our oldest daughter is planning on attending Cebu Doctor's University there, and the younger 2 are planning to attend a local school. Our youngest is 12 and a Kano like me, she is kind of apprehensive about the schools, and how she will fit in. I am sure to have some questions about VISAs and things I haven't even thought of yet. We are busy trying to sell things here and get everything prepared for the move. I am pleased to meet with you all, and thank you in advance for your helpful insights. I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but I will do whatever I can to help out others as well.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum and Cebu when you get here, I have only been here a week but I'm finding it great so far. My only regret is I didn't

find Cebu a long time ago. - Best regards Chaz

Caveat Emptor

Welcome to the forum, Bob! Keep posting! :):D