Sign in to follow this  
jimyati

What's the Used Book store situation like in Cebu

jimyati

Google maps reveals several properties called "BookSale", but there is no wsebsite, reviews, etc.  What's the best place to browse for used books in Cebu?  Preferably toward Mandaue.  Any other book exchanges I ought to know about?

Woolf
12 minutes ago, jimyati said:

Google maps reveals several properties called "BookSale", but there is no wsebsite, reviews, etc.  What's the best place to browse for used books in Cebu?  Preferably toward Mandaue.  Any other book exchanges I ought to know about?

try read this thread

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/106878-used-book-stores-in-cebu/?tab=comments#comment-1435930

• Like 2

JamesMusslewhite
5 hours ago, Woolf said:

I know sometimes I hassle and rib you a bit on the forum chief, but I admire and respect your willingness to always try to help fellow expats here on the forum. 

samatm

The used book place at Robinson's Fuente  2nd Floor is  OK.. hit and miss.    I usually walk out with a few good reads.    Most are not used per say..but rather unsold or reject books  etc.. 

Kreole
10 hours ago, samatm said:

The used book place at Robinson's Fuente  2nd Floor is  OK.. hit and miss.    I usually walk out with a few good reads.    Most are not used per say..but rather unsold or reject books  etc.. 

I used to go there regularly when I was in Cebu, but stopped because of the difficulty of locating a book or author of my choice.  They use very general categories for the placement of books, so it is quite disappointing to thumb through a hundred books and still not find anything in which I was vaguely interested.  I would love to find a bookstore indexed by author or subject. 

Edited by Kreole

PeteHK

There is  a Booksale store in Parkmall, opposite Handy Man. Did not go in but they seem to have quite a few books, classified into broad categories.

20171221_122029.jpg

easy44

I used to buy lots of used paperbacks at the Booksale store in the basement of SM City Cebu.  Have switched to ebooks now, a lot less trouble.