Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Looking for a good carwash to get paint off my car

Goetz1965

Unfortunately the building company of the subdivision where I live (MD Dream Builders Cebu) used very cheap white paint for the houses - and now everytime it rains this pain washes off and unfortunately my car is parked under the roof ...

So after every rainy day I have a light grey shadow on my car - even the windows and windscreen - using the wipers it goes off after a while but needs a lot of wiping and water.
Also on the car paint shows it - if you rub for a while it goes off - but would be hell of a work.

So I look a good carwash company in Cebu (near a Maill preferred) that has experience with those more complex things - I know that most "carwash" guys just knw how to use water ans shampoo ... But thats not enough for my case.

Edited by oztony
fix spelling in topic title
  • Haha 1

Woolf

I think you need to find a carwash that do claying I know one but it is a bit too far for you

Davaoeno

And if that doesn't work you need to wet sand with 600 grit. Thats the way the pros remove overspray

oztony

The same is going to happen all over again ....time for the shoddy builder to re-paint his work .... are any of your neighbors experiencing the same grief ?

musingloudly

One of the best detailers in the city would be Simply Clean,, Look for Jonathan Dy, the owner.

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/dir/''/simply+clean+cebu/@10.3236695,123.8427914,12z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x33a99917451a3857:0x287d07e5b71a3f3e!2m2!1d123.912832!2d10.323677

For cost comparison, one of the cheaper but also good quality (the owner got trained in Florida), you can go to MCD Detailers in Kamagong, Lahug... It's near U.P. Lahug... Look for Edmun the owner.

Good luck.

Question though... if you do this now and the rains is still likely to come, aren't you setting yourself up for an expensive ride? just asking...

• Like 1

RogerDat

They sell some good wax here, try that after cleaning the scum off your car. it  will help stop it sticking. Can you find a car cover?

• Like 1

philuk
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

And if that doesn't work you need to wet sand with 600 grit. Thats the way the pros remove overspray

I would highly recommend not using any abrasive of any kind, no way, no how, would not go as course as 600 before a repaint, let alone to remove over spray,

You can try a solvent based spirit wipe, the kind you would use for de-greasing before a respray,

If the ofending paint is water based as i imagine it is if the rain is washing it off the building,

the best way as already mentioned previously a good going over with clay bar and soapy water will remove it, then in future park it in the rain away from the house.

SkyMan

Have the car repainted light grey, then just consider the windows tinted.

Goetz1965

OR I just get me a kid from the neighbours and let it rub of that paint with much water for hours - costs only 100php ...

samatm

in the parking basement of JCentre Mall (where you get your visa renewed)   There is  Star Wash.. they have pretty good service and have waxing service etc.   Better a get cover for that car and then move out.  

Goetz1965

Luckily it just took a little harded sponge to get most of it off - just on he top of the car its more sticky. 
Today the neighbours guy earned himself 150php - maybe another day I get him rubbing the top of my car for a while until its clean again.