Sign in to follow this  
Yikes! the universe

can you ship a balikbayan box to a P.O. box in Philippines

Yikes! the universe

I'm thinking about securing a P.O. box in Baguio. For some reason they told me to come any day in January to get the P.O. box. I can meet all the requirements needed for the box so that's not a problem. My main goal is to have an address that I can ship stuff I order online to such as chewing tobacco but also paper mail from the USA. I was wondering if I could ship a Jumbo Balikabayan box and pick it up at the post office? As long as I have an address that should work??? I went back to ask them about it and the window was closed, I guess they went out to lunch. The ladies were very nice but I felt like I was playing charades with them so could someone give me a direct answer....please:)

Edited by Yikes! the universe
misworded

Davaoeno

I sincerely doubt it !! 

• Like 1

Richard K

"Direct answer"...good luck on that one..
I had a box at a place in AC...called "Dad's Mail".. i had a few things sent from the US to there. Paper stuff was not much cost... anything else was WAY expensive. The US exchange was based in CA.. i was issued a number that was my attached to the PI mailing addy and that designated me.
Sending a "box".. you will pay weight ..unless to send it LBC or such.. and that will be at least a 2 month wait...not sure a PO box will work for that..
I sent some paper work back from AC and it took nearly 2 months to get there.. I guess i should feel lucky it even did.
good luck

SkyMan

Mailboxes are for Philpost.  I don't think any mail or package system including DHL or LBC will deliver to a POBox just like FedEx and UPS won't deliver to a USPS box in the US.  Even if the post office were to take BBBox for you I bet they'd want a big chunk of customs fees, the avoidance of which is part of the point of going with a BBBox in the first place.

You don't have some physical address you can send the box too?  A friend perhaps?  Even if you aren't sure where you will be in two months, you can change the delivery address fairly easily if you can contact the final deliverer which I have been able to do before.  You can probably even have them hold the box for you to pick up.

Yikes! the universe
7 hours ago, SkyMan said:

You don't have some physical address you can send the box too?  A friend perhaps? 

the address here is confusing to me and it seems too risky to ship to an address that I'm not certain that will work or get lost. I'm anxious to see what my ACR card will say I'll be getting it in a few days, but the fifteen words to describe where you live is absurd to me (number, street, province, zip, barangay, municipality, subdivision, village, ect.)......I've looked at various paper work like my rent note and electric bill to get a better understanding of what this address is and they differ....I swear they make this sh** up as they go along in the Philippines. I want something long term as I will be going back and forth to the Philippines until I retire in 25ish years (that's my plan). I don't plan on living in the same condo when I come back to Baguio, but if I could keep a permanent P.O. box that would be beneficial. As for a friend I trust very few people in this world,  I'll have to figure something else out thanks for you guys input. 

shadow
23 minutes ago, Yikes! the universe said:

the address here is confusing to me and it seems too risky to ship to an address that I'm not certain that will work or get lost. I'm anxious to see what my ACR card will say I'll be getting it in a few days, but the fifteen words to describe where you live is absurd to me (number, street, province, zip, barangay, municipality, subdivision, village, ect.)......I've looked at various paper work like my rent note and electric bill to get a better understanding of what this address is and they differ....I swear they make this sh** up as they go along in the Philippines. I want something long term as I will be going back and forth to the Philippines until I retire in 25ish years (that's my plan). I don't plan on living in the same condo when I come back to Baguio, but if I could keep a permanent P.O. box that would be beneficial. As for a friend I trust very few people in this world,  I'll have to figure something else out thanks for you guys input. 

Most of the shipping companies will require a phone number, they will text you if they cant find you. It's not really so difficult as all that.

Jawny

I have a PO box, but it cannot be used for items shipped by DHL, FedEx, LBC and the like.  I use it strictly for postal mail.

For shipments from DHL and the like, I show and address such as the following:

name

Mary's Store, Highway so and so

Across from Barangay school

As Shadow said, the phone is usually called just prior to delivery.  In some cases, I’ve opted to fetch th parcel from their delivery point.

Of course, this assumes that the person at the store knows you and can be trusted to receive the parcel. I’ve used this technique for years and it has never failed.

• Like 1