Sign in to follow this  
smokey

At the airport. Whoops

smokey

So first my flight is 8 am icame here 4 too early dont open till 5 30 i turn in luggafe pay 750 airport tax 1700 i think travel then bi collected 1640 the whoops is my I card expired 3 weeks ago ..  First guy says card no good start over. ...wtf.   Go to older guy when you come back get tourist go j mall get reinstated 3 guy you need to go immigration now.  I chose guy 2 and will figure this drama later

SkyMan
51 minutes ago, smokey said:

Go to older guy when you come back get tourist go j mall get reinstated 3 guy you need to go immigration now.  I chose guy 2 and will figure this drama later

What does that mean?

• Haha 2

oztony
6 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

What does that mean?

Start from scratch ...maybe we can go about this another way.....

Image result for hieroglyphics

• Haha 4

shadow
6 minutes ago, oztony said:

Start from scratch ...maybe we can go about this another way.....

Image result for hieroglyphics

Will figure this drama later...

• Like 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

What does that mean?

It's simple. When you come back into the country with an expired ACR-I card, they give you a tourist stamp. Your have thirty days to go into Immigration, fill out a form, fulfill their requirements (of which they give you a list), and turn everything in, or else you lose your 13A visa and have to start over. After two more months, you go back into immigration, and they give you your new ACR-I card.

At that point, you have two choices. You can either write a letter (along with another list of requirements) to the head of Immigration in Manila begging to get the stamp in your passport changed back to a 13A stamp (more drama), or you can fly out of the country again (to wherever) and get the 13A stamp when you re-enter the Philippines (with a current ACR-I card). I chose option 2, and I took my wife and daughter to Hong Kong Disneyland for a short trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
2 hours ago, smokey said:

So first my flight is 8 am icame here 4 too early dont open till 5 30

Please clarify.  I have a 6:10 am International flight from Mactan Airport in 2 days.  Are you telling me I cannot get into the airport until 5:30 am?

Davaoeno
2 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Please clarify.  I have a 6:10 am International flight from Mactan Airport in 2 days.  Are you telling me I cannot get into the airport until 5:30 am?

I'm sure Smokey was referring to the check in counter.  That is pretty normal procedure 

• Thanks 1

Headshot
23 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I'm sure he meant that the counter for his flight didn't open until 5:30 AM. With a 6:10 AM departure, I would imagine that the counter for your flight will be open by 4 AM (maybe earlier). The airport is open 24/7.

• Thanks 1

fivestarph

Presumably if you returned with your wife, you could get a Balikbayan Stamp and remain here for a year.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

No way Mrs Smokey is coming back here !!  She love's the US, even though she works full time there.  Smokey wants to move there also but can't until he rids himself of house and vehicles .  

• Sad 1

smokey

As to the time pal said be here 4 hours before your 8am flight i go to check in pal says we dont open till 5 30 as to the older guy at the window is the new by the book employees the first girl did not want to stamp me at all.  The next guy young said i ill let you leave but your acr needs to be started all over when you come back i go to the boss he says get it reinstated when you get back i liked his ans better and agreeded i never carry my acr and never looked at the date i do the annual renewals but forgot the card also is a every 5 year thing i will let wife deal with it.  My card expired nov 30 2017

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2