Sign in to follow this  
Birds Eye View

BI payment cash only

Birds Eye View

I am wandering why the Bureau of Immigration do not accept check payment even corporate check. They only accept cash even Php1,000,000.00, you carry that big amount and count in front of them.

Davaoeno
4 hours ago, Birds Eye View said:

I am wandering why the Bureau of Immigration do not accept check payment even corporate check. They only accept cash even Php1,000,000.00, you carry that big amount and count in front of them.

because cash doesn't bounce !!

shadow
9 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

And they don't have to wait a month just to find out if it did!

• Thanks 2

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Birds Eye View said:

How long did you overstay to run up a p1M bill?

@Birds Eye View  Rather than adding an unrelated reply to an old thread, please start a new thread.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Haha 1

Paul
4 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

4 hours ago, shadow said:

And they don't have to wait a month just to find out if it did!

Maybe they would be. But, considering the hot water one could find themselves in, for passing a bad check in the Philippines, I would hope people wouldn't be stupid enough to write a bad check to a government agency.

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man

We are lucky they accept cash.  When I had to make a payment to the Canadian Consulate they did not accept checks, credit cards, debit cards OR cash.  Had to be a manager's check from a local bank.

musicman666

My standard bi joke is do you accept cash....they never get it.

Woolf

I have paid with an ATM card once at BI j-mall mandaue about 2 years ago, when I was there

2 months later  I had to pay cash

Headshot

What in the world did you do to end up owing Immigration one million pesos?

Paul

Guys, I could be wrong here. But, I think the original poster was just using a million pesos as an example.