220V induction cooktop, connect to local power (Tacloban)

Woolf

@trthebees

If you want to discuss electricity and house wire 

I think it deserves its own thread

you must be from UK, that is the only place that I know off that use wire rings 

I never understood the advantage of it

@oztony  can you mode trtebees and this post to a new thread ?

oztony
25 minutes ago, Freetochat said:

It has nothing to do with house wiring, but the manufacture of the hotplates.  Anything exceeding 3kw must (should) be hardwired.  So those designed for socket connection are restricted.

All aircons are meant to have their own circuit, but as a cheat anything 3kw and under can generally get away with just being tapped out of the nearest GPO (general power outlet). I suppose the risk would be insurance if anything went wrong..

But I would say that anything under 2.5 mil cable size would be getting risky , so maybe house wiring does have a play to an extent in the overall ....JMO.....

oztony

@Woolf can we run this off topic for a bit , am in bed on the 100 year old iPad which is risky on splitting and moving stuff ...can rearrange everything ugma if that is ok , looks like we are the only ones with an interest in this anyway ....

Woolf
12 minutes ago, oztony said:

@Woolf can we run this off topic for a bit , am in bed on the 100 year old iPad which is risky on splitting and moving stuff ...can rearrange everything ugma if that is ok , looks like we are the only ones with an interest in this anyway ....

thats  ok with me, no more comments from I on cook tops