Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Looking for Suggestions. Tour Package for Palawan

Headshot

Did I mention that they gave us bag lunches for the Airswift flight to El Nido? Nothing super fancy, but it was a good snack.

• Like 1

Headshot
3 minutes ago, Travis said:

Ok thanks. The travel agent girl that i am talking to on facebook made it sound like there was only one airport on the island. 

As far as I know only Airswift flies directly into El Nido. It is a fairly small runway, so A320's might not do well there. El Nido is Airswift's hub. It sounds like the girl you are talking to isn't very knowledgeable.

Edited by Headshot

Travis
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

Did I mention that they gave us bag lunches for the Airswift flight to El Nido? Nothing super fancy, but it was a good snack.

Nothing wrong with a sack lunch on a short flight like that!!

I might book Peurto Princea  instead so i can do the underground river tour. 

• Like 1

Headshot
4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Nothing wrong with a sack lunch on a short flight like that!!

I might book Peurto Princea  instead so i can do the underground river tour. 

Be ready for crowds and lines. I prefer good beaches and snorkeling. Read the reviews on the underground river tour. From the reviews, it has to be one of the most over-rated tourist destinations in the world.

Edited by Headshot

Flakes
8 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Be ready for crowds and lines. I prefer good beaches and snorkeling. Read the reviews on the underground river tour. From the reviews, it has to be one of the most over-rated tourist destinations in the world.

If going to Palawan would be nice doing both. No beaches and snorkling options around Puerto Princessa?

Travis
24 minutes ago, Headshot said:

It sounds like the girl you are talking to isn't very knowledgeable.

No not at all!!!!

I am having to research all of this stuff.  She has never been to Palawan or to too many other places...Almost pulled the trigger with a tour company until i found out we had to travel six hours to the hotel.

Might just book it all my self and do elnido. 

Travis
On 12/9/2017 at 5:10 PM, CommanderData said:

I haven't flown with them specifically but it is possible they are quoting you a higher rate based on your IP address in the USA. I'm sure Headshot was booking from within PH.

Also it might be you're attempting to book flights during their busy time of year. Keep in mind too that most flights in the world are cheaper on Tuesday-Thursday than they are on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon.

I just checked the web page again today for air fair and it is 26,200 total for two.

I am having her check it now

softail

Am in Sabong as I type this. Did the underground tour a couple hours ago, really enjoyed it. Am staying at the Daluyon hotel as I type. The most beautiful place I have ever been. Sitting here sipping rum watching the waves break on the other side of the beautiful beach  lined with coconut trees.  Not a party place, is a place to relax. If you want party, go elsewhere.

• Like 3

Davaoeno

cost for               2 people               round trip from Cebu to Puerto Princessa with hand carry luggage  4196  pesos 

Back
Continue 

Booking Summary

Got a promo code?

DEPARTURE

CEB

Cebu

PPS

Puerto Princesa

• CEBU to PUERTO PRINCESA
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 227
  • Departure
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1040 H (10:40 AM)
  • Arrival
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1200 H (12:00 PM)

RETURN

PPS

Puerto Princesa

CEB

Cebu

• PUERTO PRINCESA to CEBU
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 228
  • Departure
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1230 H (12:30 PM)
  • Arrival
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1345 H (1:45 PM)

• Admin, Taxes and FeesOpens a dialog.
    PHP 2,196.00

FLIGHT BOOKING TOTAL

PHP 4,196.00

GRAND TOTAL

PHP 4,196.00

• Thanks 1

Kabisay-an gid

Coron, Palawan:

See the source image

See the source image

• Like 2

GwapoGuy

Visited Palawan a few years ago and the road is now paved all the way from PP to El Nido, less then a five hour trip by V-hire. Cost is between 500 and 700 PHP depending.

Don't EVER book a trip to El Nido during Chinese New Year. Made that mistake as most every hotel was booked. We saw couples sleeping on the beach! Found a place for 800 but the room looked like a jail cell. The guy lowered the rate to 600 the next night, thankfully.

The next time I visit, my itinerary will look something like this:

Fly into PP and stay a couple days, visit Honda Bay. Then make my way to Port Barton for a few more days. Van to El Nido for several more days. Ferry to Coron for a few days then fly out on Cebu Pacific.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

I've done the trip between PP and El Nido 6 times. It never took more than 4 hours

• Like 1

GwapoGuy
7 hours ago, softail said:

Am in Sabong as I type this. 

How much did you pay for your room? Is the internet slow? Thanks

softail

Internet is a little slow in the room but on the deck is fine. Booked a few months ago but as I remember it was around $90 a night with breakfast. Place is great.

• Thanks 1

Travis
On 12/9/2017 at 8:56 PM, newtocebu said:

Note / tip to all - 

A friend of mine used to work at Flight Centre in Aus

She told me that after each time you search a flight or hotel (for example), delete your cookies

If you dont, when you go back a second or third time to the same search you will probably find that the price will have gone up

If the merchant knows that you want to fly / stay on a particular day, then they will know that you will probably pay whatever they are charging!

I just deleted my cookies and it is still over 25,000 for two. Hell i can fly to Vegas and back cheaper on a better plane. 

18 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

cost for               2 people               round trip from Cebu to Puerto Princessa with hand carry luggage  4196  pesos 

Back
Continue 

Booking Summary

Got a promo code?

DEPARTURE

CEB

Cebu

PPS

Puerto Princesa

• CEBU to PUERTO PRINCESA
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 227
  • Departure
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1040 H (10:40 AM)
  • Arrival
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1200 H (12:00 PM)

RETURN

PPS

Puerto Princesa

CEB

Cebu

• PUERTO PRINCESA to CEBU
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 228
  • Departure
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1230 H (12:30 PM)
  • Arrival
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1345 H (1:45 PM)

• Admin, Taxes and FeesOpens a dialog.
    PHP 2,196.00

FLIGHT BOOKING TOTAL

PHP 4,196.00

GRAND TOTAL

PHP 4,196.00

Are there any flights like that to El Nido?