Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Looking for Suggestions. Tour Package for Palawan

Travis

I am sure there are some packages from Cebu to Palawan with hotel, tours and plane tickets inc. 

If you know of a decent one please let me know. 

Thanks

Travis

Davaoeno
4 hours ago, Travis said:

I am sure there are some packages from Cebu to Palawan with hotel, tours and plane tickets inc. 

If you know of a decent one please let me know. 

Thanks

Travis

check Cebu Pacific airlines website

Headshot
8 hours ago, Travis said:

We just went to Palawan last month. We didn't use a package tour, but rather booked our airfare and lodging separately, and we just asked people for recommendations for good restaurants in town. We flew Airswift to El Nido (direct from Cebu), stayed at the El Nido Beach Hotel, and flew directly back to Cebu on Airswift again. It was easy to book tours right at the hotel. There are plenty of good restaurants in El Nido, so food was never a problem.

It was an inexpensive, yet wonderful, trip to El Nido, which is probably the premier destination resort area on Palawan. Having direct flights really helped (since there were no transfers in Manila). You can book a van shuttle (through the hotel) to take you from the El Nido airport to the hotel and back for a reasonable rate, which meant that we didn't have to spend any wasted time in the airport. Overall, it was a laid back and very simple trip to someplace we have wanted to visit for a long time. Airswift flies the same small aircraft the Cebu Pacific flies for many inter-island hops (but without the hassle and delays).

I'm not sure if this information was what you were expecting, but it would certainly be my recommendation. There are some much more expensive resorts and hotel in the El Nido area (and indeed all over the island of Palawan, but this was very adequate for us. Pre-packaged tours (that include air, lodging, food and tourism can be had, but they are much more expensive.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1

Headshot

I would also recommend a trip to Coron, which is also in Palawan province, but on a separate island north of the main island of Palawan. It is very similar to El Nido, but the airport is further away from the town. We flew Cebu Pacific to Coron direct from Cebu. Again, you can book van shuttles to and from the airport, so distance isn't a factor. I found the reefs and beaches around Coron to be superior to those around El Nido, but those around El Nido were nice too.

Travis
On 12/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Headshot said:

We just went to Palawan last month. We didn't use a package tour, but rather booked our airfare and lodging separately, and we just asked people for recommendations for good restaurants in town. We flew Airswift to El Nido (direct from Cebu), stayed at the El Nido Beach Hotel, and flew directly back to Cebu on Airswift again. It was easy to book tours right at the hotel. There are plenty of good restaurants in El Nido, so food was never a problem.

It was an inexpensive, yet wonderful, trip to El Nido, which is probably the premier destination resort area on Palawan. Having direct flights really helped (since there were no transfers in Manila). You can book a van shuttle (through the hotel) to take you from the El Nido airport to the hotel and back for a reasonable rate, which meant that we didn't have to spend any wasted time in the airport. Overall, it was a laid back and very simple trip to someplace we have wanted to visit for a long time. Airswift flies the same small aircraft the Cebu Pacific flies for many inter-island hops (but without the hassle and delays).

I'm not sure if this information was what you were expecting, but it would certainly be my recommendation. There are some much more expensive resorts and hotel in the El Nido area (and indeed all over the island of Palawan, but this was very adequate for us. Pre-packaged tours (that include air, lodging, food and tourism can be had, but they are much more expensive.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the information Headshot. 

Travis

Although the website didnt show a bar at that property? 

Travis

One other question Head shot:

I just checked  Airswift for tickets and it comes out to $ 250.00 per person or PP25,200 total for both of us. 

Does that sound high to you. I thought that I read that you could fly for fifty dollars?

CommanderData
3 hours ago, Travis said:

One other question Head shot:

I just checked  Airswift for tickets and it comes out to $ 250.00 per person or PP25,200 total for both of us. 

Does that sound high to you. I thought that I read that you could fly for fifty dollars?

I haven't flown with them specifically but it is possible they are quoting you a higher rate based on your IP address in the USA. I'm sure Headshot was booking from within PH.

Also it might be you're attempting to book flights during their busy time of year. Keep in mind too that most flights in the world are cheaper on Tuesday-Thursday than they are on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon.

• Like 1

Headshot

There are so many variables in airline ticket prices, I don't have time to go into them all. Suffice it to say that you can check on a flight, and after twenty minutes check again on the same flight, only to see two different prices. The tickets cost us a little less than $100 per person, but we got in on their introductory pricing (I booked well in advance of our flight). Time of year and demand can have a lot to do with pricing. When are you thinking about going there?

PS... You should also know that airlines here have sales on their tickets (at greatly discounted prices), so sometimes it is best to wait for a sale to book a trip. Just be careful of all the little adders they try to stick on the ticket.

Edited by Headshot

Davaoeno

When I book flights to Cebu from Davao in the same day Cebu Pacific will offer rates one way  between 1800 pesos and 10,000 pesos depending on the time of day !! 

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Round trip Cebu to Palaway - 3728 pesos each , or 7500 for 2 people

CEB

Cebu

PPS

Puerto Princesa

• CEBU to PUERTO PRINCESA
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 227
  • Departure
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1040 H (10:40 AM)
  • Arrival
    06 Feb 2018, Tue • 1200 H (12:00 PM)

This information is available to everyone who cares to go to their web site and look for it 

PPS

Puerto Princesa

CEB

Cebu

• PUERTO PRINCESA to CEBU
  • FLIGHT NUMBER: 5J 228
  • Departure
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1230 H (12:30 PM)
  • Arrival
    13 Feb 2018, Tue • 1345 H (1:45 PM)

• Admin, Taxes and FeesOpens a dialog.
    PHP 1,191.12

FLIGHT BOOKING TOTAL

PHP 3,728.72

Edited by Davaoeno

newtocebu

Note / tip to all - 

A friend of mine used to work at Flight Centre in Aus

She told me that after each time you search a flight or hotel (for example), delete your cookies

If you dont, when you go back a second or third time to the same search you will probably find that the price will have gone up

If the merchant knows that you want to fly / stay on a particular day, then they will know that you will probably pay whatever they are charging!

Travis
On 12/7/2017 at 11:33 PM, Headshot said:

I would also recommend a trip to Coron, which is also in Palawan province, but on a separate island north of the main island of Palawan. It is very similar to El Nido, but the airport is further away from the town. We flew Cebu Pacific to Coron direct from Cebu. Again, you can book van shuttles to and from the airport, so distance isn't a factor. I found the reefs and beaches around Coron to be superior to those around El Nido, but those around El Nido were nice too.

So I just found out that the airport is five or six hours away from El Nido. Did it take you that long to get there?  If so was it worth the ten or twelve round trip?

Headshot
Just now, Travis said:

So I just found out that the airport is five or six hours away from El Nido. Did it take you that long to get there?  If so was it worth the ten or twelve round trip?

If you fly Airswift, the airport is only minutes from El Nido. If you fly Cebu Pacific, then you fly to Puerto Princesa and then take a van to El Nido. You can decide for yourself which is better, but for me, flying directly in to El Nido, and not having to endure long, bumpy rides in a van, was the better deal. Airswift was a smooth flight, and we were enjoying drinks at a cafe in El Nido a half-hour after landing.

Travis
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

If you fly Airswift, the airport is only minutes from El Nido. If you fly Cebu Pacific, then you fly to Puerto Princesa and then take a van to El Nido. You can decide for yourself which is better, but for me, flying directly in to El Nido, and not having to endure long, bumpy rides in a van, was the better deal. Airswift was a smooth flight, and we were enjoying drinks at a cafe in El Nido a half-hour after landing.

Ok thanks. The travel agent girl that i am talking to on facebook made it sound like there was only one airport on the island.