Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

Motorola Smart phones

SkyMan

Anyone have any comments on Motorola?  I'm considering the Moto e4 (plus) for my wife.  One of the pluses about it is it has a lot of LTE bands so it will work here and the US.  I think I looked up FireFly before and no US bands.  I also like the 5Ah battery.  Android 7.  Also I find it interesting that the Lazada price is p9K (I think same as the mall price) while the Best Buy price is $199 so almost the same when you figure in sales tax and getting it here from the US.  I haven't thought much about Motorola but it seems the reviews are good.  Just wondering if others had any experience.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-e4-plus-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-iron-gray/5956300.p?skuId=5956300

shadow
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Anyone have any comments on Motorola?  I'm considering the Moto e4 (plus) for my wife.  One of the pluses about it is it has a lot of LTE bands so it will work here and the US.  I think I looked up FireFly before and no US bands.  I also like the 5Ah battery.  Android 7.  Also I find it interesting that the Lazada price is p9K (I think same as the mall price) while the Best Buy price is $199 so almost the same when you figure in sales tax and getting it here from the US.  I haven't thought much about Motorola but it seems the reviews are good.  Just wondering if others had any experience.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-moto-e4-plus-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-iron-gray/5956300.p?skuId=5956300

One of the best phones I ever had was a Motorola L7. It worked for years even after it was dropped in the river.

liquido
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

I was in Gaisanao Mall here in Davao a few days back  and I stopped in my tracks when I saw a Motorola Kiosk...I guess the last time Motorola was a hit was when the first Razr was the big deal here many moons ago......

• Like 1

shadow
2 minutes ago, liquido said:

I was in Gaisanao Mall here in Davao a few days back  and I stopped in my tracks when I saw a Motorola Kiosk...I guess the last time Motorola was a hit was when the first Razr was the big deal here many moons ago......

The Razor and the L7 had the same inner workings. 

• Thanks 1

liquido

I looked at the question/answer on the Bestbuy site and one question was does it have a call notification light and the answer was NO..I take it that means no indication of a missed SMS message also? To me that would be a bust..

Woolf
6 minutes ago, liquido said:

I looked at the question/answer on the Bestbuy site and one question was does it have a call notification light and the answer was NO..I take it that means no indication of a missed SMS message also? To me that would be a bust..

My phones have notification light

I also use this app 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dan_ru.ProfReminder&hl=en

Semper paratus

I had my first Motorola cell(car) phone in 1979.  Then and now still the best phones ever. I still have my i930 flip phone from 2006 but I forgot to bring my charger. It worked from anywhere in the world. I'd buy a Motorola smart/cell phone in heartbeat if I could find one in Dumaguete. Has anyone seen them for sale in Dumaguete ?

• Like 1

shadow
30 minutes ago, Semper paratus said:

I had my first Motorola cell(car) phone in 1979.  Then and now still the best phones ever. I still have my i930 flip phone from 2006 but I forgot to bring my charger. It worked from anywhere in the world. I'd buy a Motorola smart/cell phone in heartbeat if I could find one in Dumaguete. Has anyone seen them for sale in Dumaguete ?

Yes, I've seen them recently, either Rob's mall or Pick and Carry downtown. 

• Thanks 1

liquido
3 hours ago, Woolf said:

I also use this app 

I always get the notification light for the camera confused with the LCD indicator on the front of the phone..Awhile back I had a samsung j5 for a backup but believe it or not there was no flashing LCD indicator light for missed call or showing red or green for charging or full charge ...Confirmed by Samsung service center..

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Woolf said:

I also use this app 

Wow, that's extremely annoying and defeats the purpose of a txt.  A phone call is IMO rudely demanding attention from someone.  A txt is, "here's some info, get back to me when it's convenient for you and you feel like it."  This app turns that back into a demand for immediate response.

• Like 1

LechonBuddha

FYI, Motorola  (aka "Moto") cell phone division was sold to a Chinese company about four years ago.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Woolf
6 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Wow, that's extremely annoying and defeats the purpose of a txt.  A phone call is IMO rudely demanding attention from someone.  A txt is, "here's some info, get back to me when it's convenient for you and you feel like it."  This app turns that back into a demand for immediate response.

In settings you can adjust the sound level even turn sound off

you can adjust the time of day it is active

lots of other settings

SkyMan

I can't think of a situation I'd want to turn it on.

Semper paratus
On 12/6/2017 at 9:47 AM, shadow said:

Yes, I've seen them recently, either Rob's mall or Pick and Carry downtown. 

I found the Motorola / Moto phones at Rob Mall today upstairs at POS Digital. I''ll check out Pick and Carry another day. Thanks again for the lead. 

• Like 1

throttleplate

motorola was bought by lenovo. i bought my wife a new moto gen 4 when i was back in the states and its a very good phone. Spend $30.00 more and get the gen 5 not the E.

• Thanks 1