Should a foreigner check to see if a filipina has been married before?

Just now, USMC-Retired said:

Yes one in the same.  He does good work.  However always think about where this will go, and if you really want the answer.  Sometimes better not to know and move on. 

Personally I prefer to know either way. If she is bad I move on if she is good it saves me a ton of searching and more work. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Thomson

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After being here for a few months I knew everything there was to know about Filipinas.  Then about a year later and a million or so pesos lighter I realized that I hadn't known shit!! ?

I guess im just an old fashioned romantic I can understand guys wanting some protection ( I lost a fortune to my Filipina ex-wife - i left her ) But using a pre-nup as a noose around your ow

Such a prince amongst men.

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man
8 minutes ago, Travis said:

If she is bad I move on if she is good it saves me a ton of searching and more work. 

And your gut feeling?  I do not believe that anyone can prove "she is good" so you have to rely on your gut.  It can be shown that "she is bad" OR it can be shown that there is no evidence she is bad.  The rest is up to how you feel about it.  As to saving a lot of work, for a relationship to be successful it is non stop work.  When you stop paying attention she will find another who does pay attention.  Been there, done that, its my forte.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

And your gut feeling?  I do not believe that anyone can prove "she is good" so you have to rely on your gut.  It can be shown that "she is bad" OR it can be shown that there is no evidence she is bad.  The rest is up to how you feel about it.  As to saving a lot of work, for a relationship to be successful it is non stop work.  When you stop paying attention she will find another who does pay attention.  Been there, done that, its my forte.

In my gut i feel that she is good BUT  i have only known her for a short time.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, USMC-Retired said:

There are not that many career minded women in the Philippines.  There are alot more oh crap I am pregnant and not married types.  

Oh crap, I am pregnant types there are many  I agree....I guess we in different circles. I know of two or three respectable career minded Filipino women who are making better 100000 pesos a month. Better than the average wage here!!!

Headshot
2 hours ago, Travis said:

I have tried it. I copy facebook posts into google and it translates part of it but not much. 

My wife has two FB pages; one under her name and another under her dog's name. She uses the one with her dog's name for her business. It is not uncommon for Filipinas to have three or four FB accounts.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

My wife has two FB pages; one under her name and another under her dog's name. She uses the one with her dog's name for her business. It is not uncommon for Filipinas to have three or four FB accounts.

I saw this gal's name badge for work. She has three first names and a middle name and a last. May have been one other name as well. 

Headshot
5 minutes ago, Travis said:

I saw this gal's name badge for work. She has three first names and a middle name and a last. May have been one other name as well. 

Or any combination of the names. BTW, her middle name is likely her mother's maiden name. That is the norm here. Three first names is a bit unusual, but lots of variations on names exist here. Or, it could be that one of her "first" names is actually her nickname (an alias). That is also very common.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
shadow
1 hour ago, Headshot said:

BTW, her middle name is likely her mother's maiden name.

Her Mother's maiden last name. To order a CENOMAR one needs the Mother's complete maiden name, middle included.

shadow
2 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

One would be surprised how many women in the Philippines who are in their 30's and 40's who have never married. They seem to be mainly career women, bank managers and the likes. 

Would not surprise me at all, that's why I said it was not uncommon. There are 4 or 5 in my wife's immediate family that fit that description.

2 hours ago, Travis said:

I never got an email from you

I sent you an email from my Yahoo account at 12:03, I just re-sent it using the account you used.

3 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

And there is also a possibility a boyfriend may be lurking in the wings.

• Like 1
RogerDat

We have several teachers here that are in 30's and not married, all good girls I think, no time for dead weight, no education men with no ambition. A 9 month old might be she was afraid if she waited much longer, she would be childless. Good luck man!

The girl friend might also have a girlfriend this is very common so probably the main reason she hasn't remarried she likes girls.

miles-high
8 hours ago, Travis said:

Personally I prefer to know either way. If she is bad I move on if she is good it saves me a ton of searching and more work. 

10 hours ago, Travis said:

She is 35 and has a 9 mo old baby. The dad is not in the picture or so I am told.

As you said, it’s good to know either way… Even if she is good but once married, it would be very difficult to make her unmarried (it is not impossible). Till then, you cannot get her a K-visa or get married. It’s better to know now if she is or she isn’t.

If she is good, it is also advisable to know if her child’s father has signed his child’s birth certificate… While the father’s consent is not needed for his or her K-visa (to take the child to the US), in case you would like to adopt him or her at a later date, his or her father’s consent is required.

Some “street-smart” fathers would object to the adoption as they know that when his child gets a US citizenship and becomes 21yo, he or she could sponsor his or her parents to immigrate to the US.

Just plan ahead, I guess…

SkyMan
11 hours ago, Travis said:

The dad is not in the picture or so I am told.

Until he finds out about the rich foreigner hooking up with his girl.

Not saying this is the case but some years ago a Brit came to visit his online honey.  She and her brother picked him up at the airport and they went to her house.  And after a while the brother stabbed them because he was really her husband.  The Brit died.

Edited by SkyMan
13 hours ago, Travis said:

She is mid thirties. Never being married at that age is a little odd I would think..

Very very common, mid 30's been working since she was out of school...very common story.

• Like 3