Should a foreigner check to see if a filipina has been married before?

shadow
12 minutes ago, Travis said:

I looked for a page with the other last name and nothing came up

Shadow I sent you an email

Responding now.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Thomson

• smokey

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After being here for a few months I knew everything there was to know about Filipinas.  Then about a year later and a million or so pesos lighter I realized that I hadn't known shit!! ?

I guess im just an old fashioned romantic I can understand guys wanting some protection ( I lost a fortune to my Filipina ex-wife - i left her ) But using a pre-nup as a noose around your ow

Such a prince amongst men.

Posted Images

Just now, Woolf said:

Google translate will translate cebuano,  but facebook cebuano is a complete different animal

I have tried it. I copy facebook posts into google and it translates part of it but not much. 

maybe  someone 'other-half' here,   might help out with translation  ?

bernadette

you should do some random checking before its too late

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Travis said:

I looked for a page with the other last name and nothing came up

Try looking for pages with her name spelled backwards, with her middle name used as her last name of for the name of her kid.  These are just a few of the common ways that filipinas have 3 or more Facebook accounts.  Sometimes they genuinely forget the password but often they are either leading a double life or spying on someone with an alt account or changing their life (leaving the ex) and starting a new life / new FB.  It is so common to do this that no one thinks anything of it.

Sometimes they do it for no other reason than getting on the bandwagon because everyone else is doing it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, shadow said:

Responding now.

I never got an email from you

USMC-Retired

why do you think she is lying.  What is your gut telling you?   It is easy just request a cenomar.  Bam you are done.  However nothing beats boots on the ground.

Just now, USMC-Retired said:

why do you think she is lying.  What is your gut telling you?   It is easy just request a cenomar.  Bam you are done.  However nothing beats boots on the ground.

Well I found another last name associated with her yet she has never been married.

For a cenomar dont i need her moms maiden name and other info 

USMC-Retired

Yes and ask her for them and file it yourself.  However as maybe pointed out many are not married but have a side piece aka baby daddy.  Pointman would sort that out if you still suspect issues.  

My opinion is there is already drama and before your drama turns into a Broadway musical you may want to move on.  Especially if you are not in the Philippines. Opinions like buttholes every one has one.  

Edited by USMC-Retired
  • Like 1
Highlighter

You went digging for dirt, you found something that makes you think twice, time to move on.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, shadow said:

To be unmarried in the mid-thirties is not terribly uncommon here, although one needs to ask, why is she still unmarried. Beyond 30 and unmarried puts her into the "old maid" or "damaged goods" category locally. To be unmarried with a kid is of course a little more uncommon.

If you can get her full maiden name and DOB, and her parents full names (Maiden name of Mother), you can order a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage).

One would be surprised how many women in the Philippines who are in their 30's and 40's who have never married. They seem to be mainly career women, bank managers and the likes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, USMC-Retired said:

Yes and ask her for them and file it yourself.  However as maybe pointed out many are not married but have a side piece aka baby daddy.  Pointman would sort that out if you still suspect issues.  

My opinion is there is already drama and before your drama turns into a Broadway musical you may want to move on.  Especially if you are not in the Philippines. Opinions like buttholes every one has one.  

Well i dont know if it is drama or not that is why i want to have some checking done. Pointman ? do you mean shadow?

USMC-Retired
1 minute ago, Jack Rat said:

They seem to be mainly career women, bank managers and the likes. 

There are not that many career minded women in the Philippines.  There are alot more oh crap I am pregnant and not married types.  

• Like 1
Just now, Jack Rat said:

One would be surprised how many women in the Philippines who are in their 30's and 40's who have never married. They seem to be mainly career women, bank managers and the likes. 

She does have a decent job at a call center and three years of college so who knows. 

USMC-Retired
1 minute ago, Travis said:

Pointman ? do you mean shadow?

Yes one in the same.  He does good work.  However always think about where this will go, and if you really want the answer.  Sometimes better not to know and move on. 

• Like 1