Should a foreigner check to see if a filipina has been married before?

2 hours ago, newtocebu said:

I guess im just an old fashioned romantic

I can understand guys wanting some protection ( I lost a fortune to my Filipina ex-wife - i left her )

But using a pre-nup as a noose around your own wifes neck is a different story

I know plenty of guys that think that if they take their wife abroad, she 'owes' them something

They think that they have done her a huge favour, and they have done 'their bit' for the marriage

All they want is a maid they can f*ck

Believe me, there are as many guys responsible for the breakdown of a relationship as there are gals

These women are not altogether stupid, they can sense weakness in a guy and when they do....look out!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Thomson

• smokey

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After being here for a few months I knew everything there was to know about Filipinas.  Then about a year later and a million or so pesos lighter I realized that I hadn't known shit!! ?

I guess im just an old fashioned romantic I can understand guys wanting some protection ( I lost a fortune to my Filipina ex-wife - i left her ) But using a pre-nup as a noose around your ow

Such a prince amongst men.

Posted Images

shadow
41 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

These women are not altogether stupid, they can sense weakness in a guy and when they do....look out!!!!! 

These women are not altogether stupid, they can sense stupid!

• Like 1
oztony
41 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Which is exactly what happened to my friend that I mentioned in the previous post ...

• Like 1

So you dont want to sign a pre-nup in your favor before getting married? Thats weird, so then don't cry if she leaves you behind like a dog one day.

What I could do is buy her a land and a house in her country if the marriage goes well, and consider that money lost. That would be a gift wich I will make use of myself as well.

The pre-nup contract would be just to protect my assets in Europe.

• Like 2
newtocebu

That sounds a bit more generous than what you said earlier in the thread ( only giving her enough money to buy a plane ticket home )

If you love your wife and treat her with respect, that is a good start for a happy marriage

If things get rocky, work hard at it together

Like i said earlier, lots of guys think that because they may have brought alot into the marriage ( assets etc ), they expect the wife to put all the effort into making it work

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, newtocebu said:

I guess im just an old fashioned romantic

I can understand guys wanting some protection ( I lost a fortune to my Filipina ex-wife - i left her )

But using a pre-nup as a noose around your own wifes neck is a different story

I know plenty of guys that think that if they take their wife abroad, she 'owes' them something

They think that they have done her a huge favour, and they have done 'their bit' for the marriage

All they want is a maid they can f*ck

Believe me, there are as many guys responsible for the breakdown of a relationship as there are gals

Statistics and actually amount of Philippina looking to hook up in large Western city bars is against you there, don't bring your woman back to the states or ? it's best to retire here I feel the woman in general is happy with the expat because in the Philippines he has wealth, status and the woman has her friends but that's not the case in the US all the cards are stacked against your love.

I worked in a QA shop military in San Diego and out of the 10 men that worked there and all of them about to retire, 9 were in a divorce and the woman was getting half the pay check and this was not only white men but Philippine men.  

I met a bus driver Imperial Beach to NASNI route when on the same tour in San Diego and it turned out he worked on the same ship I was stationed on, he mentioned he just retired (white man) and told me that  his Philippina wife wanted them both to retire to the Philippines, he decided to stay in San Diego and drive the bus, and 3 years later the same bus route but a much more disgruntled and sad bus driver, his wife left him for someone else and took half his pension.

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 4
oztony

The best pre-nup is to keep them in the Philippines , half of the guys I know have separated or divorced so you have a 50% (or more) chance of disaster in my book.

And that changes exponentially when you take age difference of couples into account ....to a point where you have 90% chance of disaster.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1