Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Should a foreigner check to see if a filipina has been married before?

Travis

A couple of months ago I read about how one forum member checked to see if his girlfriend was married or not. I cant find the thread now but it made me think.

Should I be checking to see if she is married?  Yes i asked if she had been married before and her answer was no. 

She is mid thirties. Never being married at that age is a little odd I would think.

Thoughts guys?

oztony
4 minutes ago, Travis said:

A couple of months ago I read about how one forum member checked to see if his girlfriend was married or not. I cant find the thread now but it made me think.

Should I be checking to see if she is married?  Yes i asked if she had been married before and her answer was no. 

She is mid thirties. Never being married at that age is a little odd I would think.

Thoughts guys?

Probably married with kids ....sometimes they break that news at a later date ...once the hairy lassoo has a tighter grip on everything...

Well worth getting it checked , before vast sums of money are wasted...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

shadow
14 minutes ago, Travis said:

Thoughts guys?

To be unmarried in the mid-thirties is not terribly uncommon here, although one needs to ask, why is she still unmarried. Beyond 30 and unmarried puts her into the "old maid" or "damaged goods" category locally. To be unmarried with a kid is of course a little more uncommon.

If you can get her full maiden name and DOB, and her parents full names (Maiden name of Mother), you can order a CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage).

Edited by shadow
  • Like 3

Travis
Just now, shadow said:

To be unmarried in the mid-thirties is not terribly uncommon here, although one needs to ask, why is she still unmarried. Beyond 30 and unmarried puts her into the "old maid" or "damaged goods" category locally. To be unmarried with a kid is of course a little more uncommon.

If you can get her full maiden name and DOB, and her parents full names (Maiden name of Mother), you can order a CENOMAR.

Yes she is 35 and has a baby.  I saw something on her Facebook page that showed an award she received. The only thing is that it had a different last name. Her parents are deceased and I don't know moms maiden name. 

A_Simple_Man

If she is young, check her age.  If she is old, check to see if she is married.  If she is cute, check to see if she has a boyfriend hiding in the wings. LOL.  All of these are true to some extent but do not apply to all filipinas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Travis

I wish i spoke Cebuano. I just found a facebook picture of her with another kid. This kid is not the one that I met and she told me she only had one .

• Haha 5

shadow
9 minutes ago, Travis said:

Her parents are deceased and I don't know moms maiden name. 

A copy of her birth certificate will remedy that.

1 minute ago, Travis said:

I wish i spoke Cebuano. I just found a facebook picture of her with another kid. This kid is not the one that I met and she told me she only had one .

Oh my, the plot  do thicken.

Maybe it's time...

www.pointmancebu.com 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Travis
Just now, shadow said:

www.pointmancebu.com 

What is it that this company does?

So what I know about her is her first and last names.

I have her Facebook account. Her Facebook account has an award with a different last name on it than the one on her profile.

I have met her in person and even went to the call center that she works at.

She quit going to the dating page that we met on after things got more serious between us.

She is 35 and has a 9 mo old baby. The dad is not in the picture or so I am told.

She has never asked for any money from me. I have paid for everything that we did though.

• Like 1

Jim Sibbick
1 minute ago, Travis said:

What is it that this company does?

Investigations and Shadow and his wife are the investigators.

Reliable too I might add! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Travis
8 minutes ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Investigations and Shadow and his wife are the investigators.

Reliable too I might add! 

Thank you

I guess i could come ut and ask her about the second last name.

Mikal
45 minutes ago, Travis said:

Thoughts guys?

Do your due diligence, but don't invest much, monetarily or emotionally, unless you're thinking of getting very involved.  Your simplest, cheapest approach starts with telling her the information that you need, why you need it, and gauging her reaction.

I've only heard good things about Shadow's services, but know nothing firsthand.

If you want to try digging in on your own, and I'm honestly not sure if you're in a great position to do that, then use the links below.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/Request.aspx

CENOMAR has always been delivered to me here in Cebu City in less than 3-days, but I *think* I recall something like 2-to-4 weeks for overseas/USA delivery.  You need:

- Her full and complete name

- Place of birth (province and city/municipality)

- Fathers full and complete name

- Mothers full and complete maiden name

For translations you can advertise a 'job' on this site:

https://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/

You can find good, cost effective translators here.  None of the translation engines out there will help, you need someone that knows the languages and the short-hand.  Ask the people that respond to your ad for a sample translation, obviously it has to be something that you already understand, and it should be representative of the writing style typically used.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Mikal
44 minutes ago, Travis said:

I saw something on her Facebook page

You used the singular... 'page'.  OK, maybe, but if you're even moderately well versed in the Internet then you can often times find a good deal of information online.  Starting with the thought that it might very well be 'FB pages' not 'FB page'.  *shrug*

• Thanks 1

Travis
Just now, Mikal said:

You used the singular... 'page'.  OK, maybe, but if you're even moderately well versed in the Internet then you can often times find a good deal of information online.  Starting with the thought that it might very well be 'FB pages' not 'FB page'.  *shrug*

I looked for a page with the other last name and nothing came up

Shadow I sent you an email

smokey

Well my wife has two daughters un married a civil engineer and a nurse one is 30 the other 32 neither interested in having children maybe self supporting women with education are not hungry i have meet a few one turned down a foreigner for marriage and was not interested in going us

Edited by smokey

Woolf

Google translate will translate cebuano,  but facebook cebuano is a complete different animal