Big game fishing 2017 Siargao Island with Sailfish Bay !

What are the costs for lodging and deep sea fishing? I'll be returning to our place in Lapu Lapu in 2019 and would like to travel to Siargao Island to fish.Could you send me information? Thanks.

• 8 months later...
SailfishBay

hi , please visit our website for all relevant info , for costs etc  at www.sailfishbaysurfandfishing.com if you caannot find what you need let me know further , cheers

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
  • Like 3
user333
On 12/2/2017 at 5:22 PM, SailfishBay said:

SAM_1680.JPG

Who weighs more? 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Dafey

We have stayed at the hotel but did not have a chance to fish. The Hotel is a fine establishment with all the creature comforts. I would recommend it and plan on returning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Soupeod
18 hours ago, Dafey said:

We have stayed at the hotel but did not have a chance to fish. The Hotel is a fine establishment with all the creature comforts. I would recommend it and plan on returning.

Thanks Dafey for the recommendation, we will shoot for there as well when school is out.

• Like 1
SailfishBay

we are still out there catching and we look forward to having everyone come wether its old friends or new guests we will try and try to catch those fish ! tight lines

DSCN3991.jpg

james.jpg

craig.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I was wonder who keeps the fish? When I was in Hawaii it was common for the crew to get them.They would usually sale them to make some extra cash. I think it was because many people didn't want to mess with the trouble and expense to ship them by air back home. Of course when someone got a trophy fish they might want it mounted. Even then they might just take measurements and photos for a replica mount rather than using the actual fish. 

• Administrator
Dafey
2 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

who keeps the fish?

Check out their web site. It breaks down where the fish goes...and yes, mostly to the crew who can sell it at the market. But, they make sure to feed you!

SailfishBay

depending on what you catch as to what happens to the fish , normally we split the catch between everyone , if say you catch 2 the crew gets one you get the other , but say its a marlin or big yellowfin then you will get a share of the fish enough for dinner for your party that night the rest stays on the boat and we then split it with the crew and the rest comes home for our freezers as we have a restaurant and we can use the fish on our menu , we rarely sell to the open market , you will be surprised at how much fish they eat here nothing goes to waste even the bones disappear down the village once cut up ! we do have a policy of all fish belong to us though due to having problems with previous guests wanting everything and not sharing , its the only way we can control what happens to the catch this is generally normal standard practice around the world , not to sure how you would get say a 70 kg yellowfin in your suitcase to take home with you  ,there are no real ways of transporting fish here across the world from the island and if there is then it will cost you a small fortune as some guests have tried taking fish back to there relatives in the philippines via cooler boxes and found out the cost was way to much for it to be viable and left the fish with the security at the airport !

• Thanks 1
SailfishBay

20181202_140715.jpg

20181201_135929.jpg

SAM_2015.JPG

• Like 1