Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Getting a filipina to the US for vacation ??

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Monsoon said:

My wife has had two EU visas, an Aus multiple entry, and a 10 year US multiple entry B1/B2. Must be lucky? 

Assuming you gave those in order, the US visa was easy because she'd already been to Europe and Oz without problems.

Salty Dog
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Assuming you gave those in order, the US visa was easy because she'd already been to Europe and Oz without problems.

Or because she has more money in the bank than 99% of Filipinas… :lol:

• Like 2

Soupeod

Wife vs girlfriend different potatoes

• Like 1

Salty Dog
3 minutes ago, soupeod said:

Wife vs girlfriend different potatoes

My wife is my girlfriend… :lol:

• Like 1

Thomson

Bank statements with at least a $4000 dollars on her bank account + employment contract and any other proof that she will return to the Philippines after her visa is granted.

This worked for my Indonesian GF for a visa to Europe, but i'm not sure if it will work for a Filipina. I know they are more difficult to let Filipinos in, because they are the worst overstayers in the whole world along with some other nationalities. 

• Thanks 1

Thomson

$4000 is really the minimum I think and still that's quite a low number to go on a holiday to one of the most expensive countries in the world

shadow

An off duty consul once told me, "A general rule we use a lot is, one is unlikely to spend more than one month's income or 10% of their savings on a vacation. A typical 2 week trip to the US will cost about $2000, so if they have less than $2000/month income in the Philippines or $20,000 (Million pesos) in the bank, we generally look no further at their application."

Which would explain why so many denied applicants complain they did not ask any questions or look at their documents, they already knew what their level of income/savings was.

He also stated, "$2000 is what we figure they can make working illegally in the US, so if they are not making that in the Philippines, what is to bring them back?"

It all made sense when he said it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thomson

I met a few Filipinas who have no issues getting visas to the US and Europe, because she has 3 condos in Manila and a company she is director of and yeah probably more than a few million pesos in the back. Of course she will come back. 

Get a GF who has property in her name, a business or a decent amount of savings in her bank account, and you won't have any problems. 

The reason why so many foreigner's GFs get their visas refused is because they always get dirt poor GFs. 

Monsoon
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Nah she got the US visa first, over 5 years ago. 

smokey

There is no formula it is who is talking to you behind window and thei like being before a judge and their mood my wife was rejected i asked to speak to a supervisor guy wakks up says how can i help you i said i am a vet and want to go to the us for medical i want my wife to be there with me..  WHAT BRANCH ?ARMY ? My dad was in army you serve in viet nam.  YES 1ST AIR CAV.   REALLY MY DAD WAS IN THE FIRST CAV.  TAKES THE PAPER SIGNS IT AND DONE ..  LUCK.  RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME

Edited by smokey
  • Like 2

cvgtpc1
On 11/30/2017 at 7:19 PM, shadow said:

MILLIONS of OFW's leave their children behind every year. Having a child means absolutely nothing to the US embassy.

Off topic....but have wondered if other nationalities do that....know of so many kids left behind in the PI.

USMC-Retired
On 11/30/2017 at 8:18 PM, smokey said:

I have a friend in texas did a k 1 she hooked up with another guy within 3 months he reported her.                    (((mistake one )) she then said he raped her. End result she got a free lawyer and settled and applied for assistance state sent him a bill

You agree to support them on the visa application.  

• Thanks 1

Monsoon
5 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

The US didn’t ask anything about money. Didn’t even ask to see any papers. As I recall they asked her what the purpose of her travel was and then something about me. Then she jokingly asked if he wanted to see a picture, and he said “Yes” so she showed him a wedding photo. Then he said “your visa is approved.”

I reckon once he saw me he knew there’s no chance she would run off in the US as they just don’t come any handsomer than me!

• Haha 1

SkyMan
7 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

Could be.  I don't know her financial status.

7 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

My wife is my girlfriend… :lol:

And they both have a blue pp already.

7 hours ago, Thomson said:

Bank statements with at least a $4000 dollars on her bank account + employment contract and any other proof that she will return to the Philippines after her visa is granted.

This worked for my Indonesian GF for a visa to Europe, but i'm not sure if it will work for a Filipina. I know they are more difficult to let Filipinos in, because they are the worst overstayers in the whole world along with some other nationalities. 

I doubt that would work for a US visa.  

2 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I reckon once he saw me he knew there’s no chance she would run off in the US as they just don’t come any handsomer than me!

Or maybe it was pity, but whatever, it worked.

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Thomson said:

The reason why so many foreigner's GFs get their visas refused is because they always get dirt poor GFs. 

That's understandable for many reasons though.  For one thing the vast majority of Filipinas fall into that category.  The average expat retiree is here to relax and enjoy their pension and so the girls they run into are low income types.  While you may run into some wealthy girls, you are definitely going to run into some poor girls.  And high income type girls are busy with their careers so not so much time for dating and spontaneous trips to the beach or island hopping.  I don't think anyone actually goes looking for dirt poor girls but they match up better with the desired lifestyle of the foreigners.  Unfortunately that does tend to get in the way of tourist visas.

• Like 3